Scott's Miracle-gro Buys General Hydroponics (dafuq?!)

• Thread starter MushinNoShin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

"It’s possible the trend toward legalization of marijuana could actually reduce the demand for the company’s products as growers move outdoors, Brooke said."

Word! This last Croptober changed everything! Nothing but outdo now. I can only think of 2 or 3 clinics that still carry what I consider to be top-shelf indo, not that their is anything wrong with outdo.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

It's funny because the old-timers are always like "back in my day our medicine was a lot better" and now I feel like the old-timer saying "back in my day it was nothing but primo indo, OG as far as the eye could see!" Lol

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

There is some incredibly grown outdo goin around, tho. There is this really lemony old school OG Kush that my buddy gets that is grown so well you couldn't tell whether it was indo or outdo. Unfortunately that is not the norm. For the most part I have been seeing aroma-less, brown, poorly-grown outdo.

Everyone and his kid brother are growin now and in my opinion it takes MAD skill to grow good outdo, a shitload more skill and work than it takes to grow good indo where you can control environmental factors.

All these new cats poppin-up.... They have a lot to learn.

I remember when that quality of outdo was only used for blastin.

Lyfespan

Lyfespan

Everyone thinks they have what it takes to grow this plant, but they don't know how to be the plant to understand what she wants

juniper

juniper

Well that sux now I'm going to have to look for a new nute and soil line

Gen Hydro will all become shit products now after the sell is done, Find a New Line ASAP !!

Buying up what I can of GH so I can finish my runs

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but this is just totally asinine.
It's like you all have this cognitive dissonance on how the world actually works.

Scott's is a large multinational company. Nearly everything you use and consume is made, directly or indirectly, through
multinational companies. General Hydroponics is a profitable, stable company with millions of users, of course someone wanted to buy it.

Please, tell me what is "acceptable" nutrients, in your eyes? Please also tell me specifically how the products will become "shit". Will they start using urea nitrogen? Switch to iron EDTA?

I heard the same sky-is-falling rhetoric when Anheuser-Busch got bought out by Inbev and when 7-11 was bought by Japanese interests.

organicpanic

organicpanic

Apparently vermicrop is also part of the buyout. Are they already owned by GH? Just curious.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but this is just totally asinine.
It's like you all have this cognitive dissonance on how the world actually works.

Scott's is a large multinational company. Nearly everything you use and consume is made, directly or indirectly, through
multinational companies. General Hydroponics is a profitable, stable company with millions of users, of course someone wanted to buy it.

Please, tell me what is "acceptable" nutrients, in your eyes? Please also tell me specifically how the products will become "shit". Will they start using urea nitrogen? Switch to iron EDTA?

I heard the same sky-is-falling rhetoric when Anheuser-Busch got bought out by Inbev and when 7-11 was bought by Japanese interests.
While I have never been a big fan of GH in the first place.......so this won't really affect me in any way. Can you see how people are turned off by the idea of a company being bought out by a big multinational like scott's disturbs others? I for one like to spend my money on nutrient companies that are within the same state I am. I do my best to spend my money locally and not with the big corporations.

juniper

juniper

While I have never been a big fan of GH in the first place.......so this won't really affect me in any way. Can you see how people are turned off by the idea of a company being bought out by a big multinational like scott's disturbs others? I for one like to spend my money on nutrient companies that are within the same state I am. I do my best to spend my money locally and not with the big corporations.

I don't know any local boys cranking out consistent, cheap, 1/2 part dry powder nutrients. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, just not at the hydro stores I frequent. GH is at every hydro store I've ever been to.

I'll reiterate that unless you take great care to avoid it, you are currently using something operated by a multinational company. Large holding companies don't carry intrinsic evil and pass it to every product it has a stake in. Legal procedures (acquisition/mergers/etc.) aren't tangible, and have no inherent effect on any product.

seaslug

seaslug

Scotts isn't Monsanto, but there is this: "Scotts is Monsanto's exclusive agent for the marketing and distribution of consumer Roundup®."
Roundup ready cannabis!
[Actual Monsanto brands:]

Last edited:
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I don't know any local boys cranking out consistent, cheap, 1/2 part dry powder nutrients. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, just not at the hydro stores I frequent. GH is at every hydro store I've ever been to.

I'll reiterate that unless you take great care to avoid it, you are currently using something operated by a multinational company. Large holding companies don't carry intrinsic evil and pass it to every product it has a stake in.
Sure, I'm not deluded by any means. I know HOW the world operates. What I am saying is this.......as an example.

When I started growing I used AN for my first two runs. Then I heard about Heavy 16. I live in California so it made more sense to me to spend my money with a company that was local to me. I have since made the switch to V+B, yet another company based in California. Do heavy 16 and v+b source there materials from multinationals.....sure they do....but in my eyes supporting the "local" guys makes more sense to me as they help out our local economy.

I've sat and watched how corporations control the world we live in since punk rock opened my eyes in the mid 80's......and like I said....i would rather spend my money on someone local, instead of a big corporate player like scott's.

I'm not saying that the product will become worse, or that other people shouldn't buy GH.....I'm just stating why I won't.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Apparently vermicrop is also part of the buyout. Are they already owned by GH? Just curious.
It's true.
GH will not be changing their tried and true products. Scott's acquired them for their success, not because they need re-formulated.
Vermi-Crop is part of the deal, but they will not be changing their stuff either.

At least it's not Monsanto.

edit: they're just sleeping with Monsanto....

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Scotts isn't Monsanto, but there is this: "Scotts is Monsanto's exclusive agent for the marketing and distribution of consumer Roundup®."
Roundup ready cannabis!
[Actual Monsanto brands:]
Fuck Monsanto

Top Bottom