Scott's Miracle-gro Buys General Hydroponics (dafuq?!)

• Thread starter MushinNoShin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
seaslug

seaslug

As long as they don't stuff Miracle-Gro in my MaxiBloom . . .

C'mon, drink the Kool-Aid: http://www.pressdemocrat.com/home/3749846-181/scotts-miracle-gro-subsidiary-buys-santa
Common

Last edited:
juniper

juniper

As the Cannabis industry moves from the shadows, this is the inevitable conclusion. 10 years ago a company like Scott's wouldn't have been caught dead owning a company primarily supplying Cannabis cultivators. Cannabis nute companies have some pretty insane profit margins in a rapidly developing industry.

This is probably the harbinger of more buyouts, be on the lookout for other acquisitions. Advanced and Botanicare would be good candidates. As would the Dutch nutrient companies, since there's that whole hydroponic supplies fiasco going on there now. Cue the freakouts and boycotts, I guess.

@seaslug Our MaxiBloom will come out of this unscathed. The profit margin is less than a lot of products in the series, but it has so many users and fans. It would be a "New Coke" situation on a smaller scale.

ViVi

ViVi

anyone remember when pabst bought out hostess? I was so happy to have em bring them back, then i tasted their product, WTF! taste like shit,super dry, not moist at all like they were. the filling is lacking and def. different. i don't know if they decided to change/add something within the original recipe, or take something out, but its different enough to where i don't buy it anymore....

F

FooDoo

I've only ever used GH. This kinda makes me want to look into other possibilities

S

Seed Buyer

FooDoo. .. If you use the GH 3 part take a look at Cutting Edge Solutions 3 part. It has almost the same NPK's but doesn't leave salt build up like the Flora. Cutting Edge is really gaining ground on the GH flora in Nor Cal.

F

FooDoo

FooDoo. .. If you use the GH 3 part take a look at Cutting Edge Solutions 3 part. It has almost the same NPK's but doesn't leave salt build up like the Flora. Cutting Edge is really gaining ground on the GH flora in Nor Cal.

I'll look into it right now. I am using the 3 part but only the micro and bloom. Never got any salt build up in the under current but still looking to have an option B now that Scott's bought out GH

EDIT: Cutting edge is off the table. Tried to google their label to see what their micro and bloom was derived from and gaurenteed % analysis plus bottle weights to make a nutrient profile using the Angel fire calculator and non of that was available.

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I just saw a thing on my FB feed this morning that said Vermicrop was part of the buyout. It explains why their page went dead.

Top Bottom