Scraping your collection vessel

• Thread starter StonedPngwin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StonedPngwin

StonedPngwin

So what do you guys all do in regards to scraping your collection dishes after your purge? I'm coming to find the most time consuming and annoying step of a run is actually collecting the oil from my Pyrex (which should be the most rewarding step lol). I let my oil get to a maximum of 120 f and I find it extremely tacky (obvs) and difficult to collect. I end up going through about four razor blades each run. Currently, I just scrape my dish with a utility razor blade, or blades lol, then attempt to get it onto my slick pad before it cools and hardens. I'm having to heat and clean my blades after each scrape and it's just so time consuming I'm looking for other ideas. I know if I get my temp up around 130 it becomes much more of a liquid hence easier to scrape, but I've always heard you never want to get above 120. Any ideas are appreciated! Thanks guys.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Same as your doing.. I swear i need to own stock in #9 Razor blades :\

Takes me like 5-10 depending on amount of oil but I use a round dish instead of square i found its alot faster to scrape those up.. It is one of the things i hate and one of the reasons im not running the rest of the flowers i got atm lol

Ambre

Ambre

Try freezing the Pyrex dish of oil before you scrape. This solidifies the oil & makes it easier to work with (less gooey). I've found that some varieties of cannabis give a more solid oil than others do, so experiment - simply refrigerating the Pyrex may be all you need.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
^^ damn! Ive broken razor blades scraping but never broken my actual bowl i use.. Careful!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Bump.

I was just going to ask this question also. Scraping is retarded.

Currently I am using 2 paint scrapers, and as @Amber said freezing it makes it a lot easier to scrape, but it also fragments it and if you don't do it inside of a large box preferably out on a lawn or something you will get tiny pieces of sticky everywhere.

germinator

germinator

My 02. I purge on oil slick PTFE because I scrape before purging.

StonedPngwin

StonedPngwin

Yea but how do you get it onto your slick pad lol, your completely skipping over the entire point of this post

germinator

germinator

Yea but how do you get it onto your slick pad lol, your completely skipping over the entire point of this post
My product is more stable half hour after being blown, I then scrape and transfer to slick pad. I only use two blades and its a breeze.

Last edited:
stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

I'd really like to make a collection vessel with a perfectly flat bottom that is removable. Getting into the corners is the biggest pain in the ass imo

StonedPngwin

StonedPngwin

My product is more stable half hour after being blown, I then scrape and transfer to slick pad. I only use two blades and its a breeze.
So you've somehow produced bho that isn't sticky? How hot are you getting your oil during your liquid evap?

germinator

germinator

So you've somehow produced bho that isn't sticky? How hot are you getting your oil during your liquid evap?
It's sticky but not as tacky after a half hour and for me easier to work with......
I vac purge at 100..manage my muffin...I prefer a chunk of shatter as my end product.
Definitely hit skunk farm research.

StonedPngwin

StonedPngwin

It's sticky but not as tacky after a half hour and for me easier to work with......
I vac purge at 100..manage my muffin...I prefer a chunk of shatter as my end product.
Definitely hit skunk farm research.
Lol once again your glazing over what's actually being asked...... How hot do you get it during your liquid evap, not your purge. If your roasting the shit out of it, then yea it'll be really easy to get out of your collection dish.

germinator

germinator

My water bath is at room temp.
"Roasting the shit out of it" won't make a shatter.
It will actually become more and more decarbed and unstable and difficult to handle. Heat is my enemy here.

You can try it or not. I don't care.
Peace out

StonedPngwin

StonedPngwin

My water bath is at room temp.
"Roasting the shit out of it" won't make a shatter.
It will actually become more and more decarbed and unstable and difficult to handle. Heat is my enemy here.

You can try it or not. I don't care.
Peace out
Try what lol you haven't given any ideas.... You've literally ignored the post topic in every comment you've made and went into your own tangent. For some reason your bho is magical and different than everrrrrrryone else's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom