Scraping your collection vessel

• Thread starter StonedPngwin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

toquer

I use razor blades but at home depot in the paint section they've got these florescent paint scrapers that use razor blades. They give you a few more inches to hold onto the blade with instead of the folded metal top. What doesn't come out is added to next week's run. My Pyrex dish has tons of leftover.

StonedPngwin

StonedPngwin

I use razor blades but at home depot in the paint section they've got these florescent paint scrapers that use razor blades. They give you a few more inches to hold onto the blade with instead of the folded metal top. What doesn't come out is added to next week's run. My Pyrex dish has tons of leftover.
O wow, I never thought of just leaving what I can't get out in my dish. I've been cleaning my dish after each run. I'll have to try this next time. Does anyone else do this? It's funny you mention the paint scraper, I found an old one in my basement and have been meaning to stop by Menard and look for another. Extra grip space would make a huge difference. Heating the blades is a pain mostly since they get so hot so fast.

Skoosh

Skoosh

Also, in addition to the paint scrapers that utilize blades, there's also extremely sharp scrapers that I find work fairly well. (I also only use rectangular Pyrex, not round (too many professionals have told me that part is too time consuming when running large batches)
And yes, as far as clean up goes, I mainly just re-soak everything in the next batch.

J

Jjwagner

Try what lol you haven't given any ideas.... You've literally ignored the post topic in every comment you've made and went into your own tangent. For some reason your bho is magical and different than everrrrrrryone else's.
Never get it over 115 to make shatter. Honestly the lower the temp it is the best. I don't do anything to my dish i spray in until it has been vacuumed in the dish for 24 to 72 hours in a vacuum oven. Then while its warm i scrape it all up into one hard rock of shatter and will have zero bubbles or cloudiness. consistency of rock candy. I get a second blade to get the hash off the blade and keep on parchment also. Actually the last three months have kept my dish in oven and only warm up vac oven weekly to scrape up my weekly dabs and put on my parchment. It seems to keep a little more of a tasty punch when left alone. It is also hard to scrape up even warm. I purge 89 to 110 max now But if you make your hash right it will stay the consistency of rock candy until it is all gone. Actually i think it just gets more brittle over time. My biggest tip is i freeze my already packed tube and butane can . I seal o meal them in vacuum bags twice with a foodsaver machine (to keep moisture out) and it makes the extraction come out nicer and vacuum in a shorter frame of time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom