SCRoG Soil, or DWC?

• Thread starter c4NN4daze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

c4NN4daze

Setup will be in a 10x10 area. Which way would you do it?

sedate

sedate

C4NN4daze said:
Setup will be in a 10x10 area. Which way would you do it?

Um.

This isn't really a very answerable question without other variables:

- Light/Lighting style
- Number of plants desired
- Previous growing exp?

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
Very open ended question...

This is your grow so you would benifet better by telling us what you want to accomplish in that area. Do you want the whole room dedicated to flower or would you like it partitioned into veg/flower perpetual style setup?

I would also do coco hempy style buckets... It's the great "inbetween" of soil and hydro IMO. four 10 gallon or nine 5 gallon per 1k. It's very easy and gives outstanding results.

You have a lot of options. Tell us more and you'll get more feedback. Then you'll be in a better position to make a decision. When you decide which way you want to take the grow; The advice you will then get will be much more precise and geared to help you succeed.

Let us know.

C

c4NN4daze

haha, thanks guys. I love how you guys made me sound like a noob. Dont get me wrong, you guys were not being assholes at all. This was one of those questions that arise from too much thinking. lmfao.

GreenMercy

GreenMercy

Personally, I would do DWC bubbler buckets.....too easy!
I grew in soil for about 7 years, and did pretty well (aside from the typical ongoing battle with spider mites). I gotta tell ya though, having switched to hydro, I will NEVER go back. Explosive growth!
DWC buckets are super easy to set up and maintain. Get a bucket & lid from Lowe's, use a hole saw to cut a hole in the center of the lid to drop a net pot in, drill a hole for your air line, and your basically done. Stick an air stone on the end of your airline inside the bucket, the other end gets hooked up to an air pump. Repeat this process per however many plants you want to fill your space with (for 10x10, I would say 10-20 plants). Simple, easy to maintain & work with, and CHEAP!
I use simple 3 part GH Flora series nutes & no growing media, just a net pot to set a clone in & a neoprene insert to hold it in place....voila! I would however advise getting a sulfer burner, as hyro setups create high humidity which can lead to powdery mildew. As long as you take good care of your plants, and act quickly at first signs of spores, it's a pretty easy fix.

A

AZPRO

i like soiless as you can run like hydro but get taste of soil i use pro mix h.p and for how good it is its cheap good stuff and who doesnt want cheap good stuff?

U

UCtestn

i like soiless as you can run like hydro but get taste of soil i use pro mix h.p and for how good it is its cheap good stuff and who doesnt want cheap good stuff?

You seem to give out a lot of advice in 20 minutes of browsing the farm. Care to post a grow log so we can get an idea of wether or not it's all BS?

Cheers!

sedate

sedate

GreenMercy said:
Personally, I would do DWC bubbler buckets.....too easy!
I grew in soil for about 7 years, and did pretty well (aside from the typical ongoing battle with spider mites). I gotta tell ya though, having switched to hydro, I will NEVER go back. Explosive growth!

I love stand-alone DWC buckets.

The price/performance here is excellent -

My best harvest from one was 475.8g dry/cured:

HolyHydrobucket_0261.jpg

HolyHydrobucket_051.jpg

HolyHydrobucket_055.jpg

GreenMercy

GreenMercy

Exactly what I'm talkin' about. Nice work sedate! Gotta love those massive root balls.

S

saner1r

Look nothing tastes like soil.

If you are a new grower then I am sure you will end up trying everything.
Coco
Hydro
Soil

I would say soil in some kind of root pruning pots, natural fertilizers, soils & sweet teas!
Tasty buds great yields.

Top Bottom