Scrog Vs Mainline

• Thread starter Connor Sewer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

My grow tent came with a trellis system. IF i keep with "it will double in size on flower" and i have to keep my 150w HPS light ~10in away at all times. I have ~24in of space total that i have to veg and flower in.

Which system is going to be the best way to maximize my yields?

If i go with mainline, how the hell am i going to tie down the plants while using these smart pots? What have you guys done? Pic attached.

Scrog vs mainline
Palmettoman

Palmettoman

My grow tent came with a trellis system. IF i keep with "it will double in size on flower" and i have to keep my 150w HPS light ~10in away at all times. I have ~24in of space total that i have to veg and flower in.

Which system is going to be the best way to maximize my yields?

If i go with mainline, how the hell am i going to tie down the plants while using these smart pots? What have you guys done? Pic attached.
Are they autoflower? I take a razor blade and cut slits in the top sides of the smart pots where I wanna tie down

Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

Ya ive read that but feel i would need something like tomato cages in my setup to keep them in check.

I was thinking that after i mainline and they stat getting taller i could run the colas through the trellis system to keep everything in check....this a bad idea?

Skurt

Skurt

If i go with mainline, how the hell am i going to tie down the plants while using these smart pots? What have you guys done?

If you still need some tips on this you could use safety pins attached to the smartpots and tie it down. You could also do a holepunch and put in ring rivets, dunno whats the name in english, but you know the things shoelaces run thru kinda thing.

Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

73506675 50C8 441D 9285 440FD2C9A6A1
This is my latest useing wire hanger as the binding tiedowns. Still 3 more weeks to go. I’ll trim the longer stems for clones and canopy evenness right before putting in 11/13 bloom cab.
I grow in small spaces 18x18x18 (inches)
I have true scroged and mainlined
With a true scrog in my mini fridge ( the small sized one) 150 hps swc I was getting 3-4 oz off 1 plant.
For me the size of the bud is not as
important as the quality.
However
True scrogging for me turned into a pain
Mainly because of me haveing to constantly bend down to maintain the screen properly.
( bad knees)
So I have moved on to mainlineing/ manifolding witch ever name you prefer.
However I have not reached the production that my true scrog put out but for me manifolding/mainlineing it is easier to do.
One thing I have found that when mainlineing in small space its best to top at 3 nodes instead of the 5 or 6 nodes.
That will save a bunch of room that is now open for more bud.
I may go back to true scrogging if I build a scrog cab where I don’t have to bend down.
But for now I’m perfecting my mainline training technic.
If your wondering what I call a true scrog understand lots use a scrog screen as a horizontal trellis to just give stems support.
A true scrog has the plant trained to have a bud or two in every small (1 inch) hole
Just how I see it.

Last edited:
H

heisen

View attachment 797494 This is my latest useing wire hanger as the binding tiedowns. Still 3 more weeks to go. I’ll trim the longer stems for clones and canopy evenness right before putting in 11/13 bloom cab.
I grow in small spaces 18x18x18 (inches)
I have true scroged and mainlined
With a true scrog in my mini fridge ( the small sized one) 150 hps swc I was getting 3-4 oz off 1 plant.
For me the size of the bud is not as
important as the quality.
However
True scrogging for me turned into a pain
Mainly because of me haveing to constantly bend down to maintain the screen properly.
( bad knees)
So I have moved on to mainlineing/ manifolding witch ever name you prefer.
However I have not reached the production that my true scrog put out but for me manifolding/mainlineing it is easier to do.
One thing I have found that when mainlineing in small space its best to top at 3 nodes instead of the 5 or 6 nodes.
That will save a bunch of room that is now open for more bud.
I may go back to true scrogging if I build a scrog cab where I don’t have to bend down.
But for now I’m perfecting my mainline training technic.
If your wondering what I call a true scrog understand lots use a scrog screen as a horizontal trellis to just give stems support.
A true scrog has the plant trained to have a bud or two in every small (1 inch) hole
Just how I see it.
Makes a cool picture but in no way shape or form gives a better yield.all that cutting,bending and topping slows down the entire process.throw up a net and let everything grow vertical and than spread it all out.you already got the picture.

To the original poster I would get a couple grows under your belt and get some healthy plants going before you even think about training plants.
Your just adding more headache to an already lengthy process.
Put out some healthy plants,get a couple grows under your belt,master all the basics and any issues your GOING to deal with.
Than work on plant training

Latest posts

Top Bottom