ScrOGer's Medi-Grow Show

• Thread starter ScrOGer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

ScrOGer

OK.... here's the skinny:

The co-op is California Coastal Care (D.B.A.) for those who care... We are a private collective (non dispensing). The Cooperative is based on values of democracy, community involvement, social responsibility, equality, equity, and solidarity. In the tradition of their founders, Members believe in the ethical values of honesty, openness, and caring for others.

Strains:
harlequin
(super high CBD (7-9%+) strain & low THC count (6-9%). the ultimate pain relief. 75% sativa 25% Indica. The sats come from an early-1970s Columbian Gold, a Thai from the mountains near Laos, and a Swiss native land race that was bred for consumption of cattle. The Indica is from Nepal's Mustang state. These are all high-elevation, cool climate growing area plants. Originally used as a hash plant in Nepal. The are high amounts of CBD and THC in the leaves.) I believe this to be the best medi strains out there.

"Ken's Cut" Grand Daddy Purp
(THANKS KEN & GRAND MAMMA PURP!!!!!)

Super-Duper Lemon Haze
(Super Skunk/Lemon Skunk x Super Silver Haze)

DJ Short's Blueberry
(Indica dom hybrid mostly afghani and Thai indica lineage, with some HOG, HTAF and temple flo to name a few)

No wifi this round. i believe my mail was intercepted. oh well :( in a few months, after i recover from the massive expense of building the co-op's grow rooms.

Nutes:
Atomic Nutrients for some systems, GH flora series in the others. Trying out Atomic for the first time. I use the lucas formula to a degree. i basically add back based on EC movements to always keep plants dialed into what they need/want.

Ventilation:
"To Seal or NOT to Seal" that is the question for room #1. I Will decide over the weekend.

Active Intake and Exhaust in room #2

A few wall mounted fans to move some air under hte lights, and provide a nice breeze for the ladies, to get em dancing.

Using minimum of 250cfm per light to cool them.

***I am concerned about the humid, but cold, air coming from the ocean. i wonder if it is too much humidity. I dont need rot, or mold. The harlequin gets massive, and thick. i have heard it can take twice as long to dry, as lets say Bubba Kush. 3 weeks to dry a cola that was nearly 6 inches in diameter. saw that fatty and nearly shat myself.******

Odor Control:
CanFan filters in each room

Lighting:
6 x 1000w mh/HPS digital/electronic ballasts (dimmable)
6 x 8" raptor hoods (air cooled)

Growing Method:
SCROG

Hydro System:
RDWC, a slight variation of UC.

more to come. enjoy some pics :D

Some construction shots of one of the rooms and the sub panel i have to install.

looks like a mess, but it will get there, over the next week, i promise.

Interior left side framed garage
Left side of garage framed
Right side of garage framed interior
Right side of garage framing
Electrical wire and sub panel
S

ScrOGer

here is a shot of the blueberry cuttings. They are about 6" tall and ready for the MH lights for about another 3 weeks.

more pics to come. need to get back to insulating..... These babies are crammed togther. might FIM them to stimulate the lowers a bit, and buy some time. hehehe

Blueberry ^ clone
S

ScrOGer

final insulation and filling cracks and odd spots in the room with foam. sub panel gets installed after the weekend, and then the lighting and exhaust, r/o unit and the finishing touches on the rooms. the grow show will begin.....

S

ScrOGer

here are some shots of the GDP (6" tall) another GDP shot of a huge fan leaf. the size of my hand, already. all of them have at least one massive fan on each clone. burly, to say the least.

Also the harlequin, a few of the cuts stressed the fuck out from the trip from the SF bay. I was told they were blasted by tap water at around 7.8ph on accident, the day before they made their trip from SF. a few were stunted, and are showing serious yellowing, but they have recovered fine.

you'll see in the pic of the fan leaf (gdp) and in the background you'll see the damage.

thats all i have for now.

GDP clone
GDP fan leaf
Harlequin clone
oldirtybastard

oldirtybastard

Lookin real good bro. Sorry to hear about the interception.. Good luck on your grow. ~ODB~

S

ScrOGer

thanks ODB. what am i gonna do about it anyway, you know. just sucks, and thats the way the cookie crumbles, you know. maybe i can win the farm league fantasy football league this year! that would be nice. 1st place are some wifi beans from this drop.

thanks for tuning in....

Builtaforest

Builtaforest

Scrogger, super clean setup comin together bro. That harlequin has got my attention, you def been blessed by some good souls out there. Will be here to see your system, been fiddling with DIY uc mutts for a bit as well :)

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Just a thought about the RH and living close to the ocean...

I live not 1000ft from the ocean...and my window to the outside sits RIGHT against my tent, passively intaking the air from outside into the ten...The RH outside is around 70-85% CONSTANTLY, because of living in a redwood forest RIGHT against the ocean. The RH in my tent stays around 50-65% and sometimes going up to 77% during the dark periods. BUT this doesnt seem to be a problem, only 27 days in right now of bloom. But i've flowered in the same room (not same tent) and had no problems as long as i was properly exhausting the air from the space.

I've read a thread on this forum where a guy was saying even during flower his room never goes below 70% RH, which i feel is high. He had TONS of pros for high humidity at all times veg AND flower.

I'll try to find it.....But from my exp, using a high RH outside as a lung for your room seems okay as long as your properly exchanging the airs room pretty regularly.....

2cents from a unexp. grower...Hope it helped!

S

ScrOGer

Scrogger, super clean setup comin together bro. That harlequin has got my attention, you def been blessed by some good souls out there. Will be here to see your system, been fiddling with DIY uc mutts for a bit as well :)

The harlequin is a beauty too. a friend grows organically, hand waters, and only in dirt. she puts off purple to pink hues. in SOG she is a short and has 1 massive cola, short and fat buds, super dense. the flavor is really nice, but the pain relief is second to none.

This run i will only a couple of her in the system, as i only have about 6 of them, and will keep two as mothers. there are two of them that have really close internodes and plenty of branches. She'll scrog out real nice :D

About the DIY system i have, this is the first run, where i am doing a hybrid of UC with a simple top feed as well. i will run 1/2" tubing to all buckets, feeding directly into the netpots, to feed the root source, but is more for an aeration effect. as the nutes flow from tubing to the net pots, the falling water, will become aerated and also drop back into the bucket, breaking the surface tension of the water. doing this eliminates standing water (bacteria/algae growth), aerates the solution and keeps a steady of chilled water to all the buckets. of course i am connecting all the buckets on the left and right of side, and pulling into a water pump, that feed back into a epicenter/main rez.

I'll have pics up the system, as soon as i have some time...

thanks for stopping by & enjoy the show

S

ScrOGer

Thanks OGplatinum. i appreciate the experienced advice. first time growing this close to the beach. outside temps, even in the month of august, never go above 78F. but it soo moist during the evening around midnight to 4am.

I wonder if I pull interior air and push thru the hoods and out ofthe room and go with passive intake. if i use a large enuf fan, like maxfan 14" i can cycle the air 3 times in 5-7 mins, and still have a nice cool breeze coming into the room, from the negative pressure, crated by the fan and filter.

i was also thinking about, but pulling air from outside, thru the hoods, and str8 out of the room. use an 8" fan with a filter to scrub the air inside. worried about condensation in the hoods, creating more humidity and fogging up of the glass in the hood, form the cool moist air in the evenings.

you have given some confidence about the RH tho. I guess i'll know in about a week, what the deal is.... as all the work in the rooms should be done by then. need it to be, as my babies are outgrowing their cloners already.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Thanks OGplatinum. i appreciate the experienced advice. first time growing this close to the beach. outside temps, even in the month of august, never go above 78F. but it soo moist during the evening around midnight to 4am.

I wonder if I pull interior air and push thru the hoods and out ofthe room and go with passive intake. if i use a large enuf fan, like maxfan 14" i can cycle the air 3 times in 5-7 mins, and still have a nice cool breeze coming into the room, from the negative pressure, crated by the fan and filter.

i was also thinking about, but pulling air from outside, thru the hoods, and str8 out of the room. use an 8" fan with a filter to scrub the air inside. worried about condensation in the hoods, creating more humidity and fogging up of the glass in the hood, form the cool moist air in the evenings.

you have given some confidence about the RH tho. I guess i'll know in about a week, what the deal is.... as all the work in the rooms should be done by then. need it to be, as my babies are outgrowing their cloners already.

Your ideas sound good bro. And your welcome.

I can atest to NO condensation with 77% top RH during dark times. I look at my ladies RIGHT as they wake up and i never see any dew on the inside of the hood.

Just another 2cents haha

S

ScrOGer

Anyone seen this before?

Anyone seen this before? Looks fucked up to me. It's been a few years since i was in the garden, and i have never come across this before. Any thoughts are appreciated.

My guess, hoping is just a little damage from condensation between leaves. they are a little crammed at the moment. cant get them out of there buckets til tomorrow. a have noticed a bit of moisture when i move fan leaves around to expose the tops, on the lower nodes.

Virus
S

ScrOGer

It could be effects from the doctor doom fogger. still havent seen it before. Not a very proud moment...

S

ScrOGer

Lights Camera ACTION!!

Here's some shots of the system, freshly connected:

Ill upload the rest a little later.

Main pump
Room 1 buckets
Wide shot room 1
Epicenter
Buckets connected
End of run and return lines
Hps on room 1
hiboy

hiboy

Hey bro
is this the pad were gona do the installation in?
C u in the morning
h

S

ScrOGer

After checking the fittings and tubing, there seems to be no leaking. Good to go....

Hps on room 1
S

ScrOGer

OK..... been a little bit. had some major dripping issues with the CAP ebb and flow fittings. the o rings suck. I checked every hour for over 5 hours after filling the system. i checked each every fitting and connection from tub to fitting. nothing was leaking, so i was good to go as usual.

First time using the new Cap 3/4" fittings. Well..... They leak. little by little. i lost over 15 gallons overnight. no time to fuck around and fix it, as I will now have to another route, until i can fix the issue. I ven used silicone to add more water resistance.

I broke down the buckets, and will be picking up some trays and going flood and drain, for this run. The roots are so long, on the cutting, that they will need to go into pots and rocks, or carve out some sections in grodan slabs and lay the roots in there, and cover them back up. but i am soo low on funds, that i will probably go 6" cubes for the main room, and go with a constant flood and drain in this room, for this first run.

Just going with the flow.....

I still need to tighten up the room a bit. the ducting needs to be shortened, and i still have to finish sealing off the room from light etc...

Buckets broken down
Trays after water leaks from buckets
S

ScrOGer

so here is the temporary fix for room #1. i used the lids from the buckets to support the pots, and to keep the nutes free from light, so i can keep algae away, and the obvious other reasons.

got the ladies in their beds for the night. These cutting were vegged under a 8 bulb T5 fixture with the SLH mother. the grand daddy purple is so bushy, its in the back. she needed no FIMming or topping. Perfect Pheno for scrogging.

The DJ short Blueberry doesnt take kindly to supercropping or any heavy stress training. Here are some pics of the first night.

It looks like i can bend the blueberry enough to get them under a 12" screen. its about 4 inches more than i usually do, but, i have to go with the flow, on this one. i was delayed by over 2 weeks, until i could get the room up and ready for them.

Temp fix
First night under the HPS
Top Bottom