Scrogging Questions??

• Thread starter Cory B
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cory B

Cory B

I'm on my first grow, I have 4 plants in a 3x3 tent, my question is if my scrog net is ten inches above my pots how am I supposed to get to the back of the tent to lollipop and prune. My plants are just hitting the net, should I take them out and do some pruning be for they start getting tucked and wrapped up in the net.

Scrogging questions
Scrogging questions 2
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

I'm on my first grow, I have 4 plants in a 3x3 tent, my question is if my scrog net is ten inches above my pots how am I supposed to get to the back of the tent to lollipop and prune. My plants are just hitting the net, should I take them out and do some pruning be for they start getting tucked and wrapped up in the net.
You won't need to worry much until 2 weeks into flowering is my understanding. Until then, give everything a chance to reach the net.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

The lower fan leaves are the biggest source of energy for the plants

Leew421

Leew421

Honestly I would take the net out and let them grow taller more. Like what was said before^^^^ I add my trellis 2 weeks after I put them in flower.

Leew421

Leew421

Also take the rocks out of the trays. It will cause roots to grow out and pull up unwanted stuff. To encourage vertical growth go ahead and lolly the insides up to the last node of the branch. Removing all small growth helps a lot

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

I think the faster you can make all the branches horizontal using your net the better. One of the points of a Scrog is to allow for all the new vertical growth to emerge while still in veg and still tucking and weaving. Just imo. You need to spend your veg time and tucking until 2 weeks into flower.

whitebob

whitebob

just to repeat whatSnakeskins just said if your putting the net on when they are already tall your not scrogging your supporting ! scrogging is training the plant from about 8 inches off the medium just like you've got it you will be able to control the stretch and spacing of your sites far easier training from the outset... and keep under the net clear of foliage after you've got some growth weaved into your net, and if you can a fan blowing between the pots and the canopy... a tidy scrog is the best yielding scrog:D... happy growing budski.

Leew421

Leew421

You do however having that will cause moisture to be present and it will root out

Leew421

Leew421

It's still stretching for sure. I have a diary growing I don't want to post pics on someone else's post. Look for plants and stuff

Dewd

Dewd

Cory, My opinion is do not lolipop yet.
Keep the thread active by posting pics and asking questions.
You will get tons of help

whitebob

whitebob

one other thing i found helped was to pull the growth down and stretch it along underneath the net as apposed to going over and under. only because when things start getting cramped its a lot easier to move the bud sites around. you can twist tie or something else if you need to keep them in place...:D

Dewd

Dewd

It's still stretching for sure. I have a diary growing I don't want to post pics on someone else's post. Look for plants and stuff
Cool I'll check it out.

I can't find your thread. I searched plants and stuff.
Can you tag me in it . Thanks

Cory B

Cory B

So let um be for now and start stretching out my arms for the future lollipop. I will keep the net set up and keep tucking once they start growing through, trying to keep everything under the screen. Then flip at about 80% full and keep tucking for the first week.

Leew421

Leew421

That sounds great. Honestly its all preference in the end. It's how you want it to grow that's important

Dewd

Dewd

So let um be for now and start stretching out my arms for the future lollipop. I will keep the net set up and keep tucking once they start growing through, trying to keep everything under the screen. Then flip at about 80% full and keep tucking for the first week.
Different growers have different techniques.
Your plan will work great imo!

Dewd

Dewd

Once the canopy is as full as you want it then lolipop. 1-2 weeks into flower.
Don't know how much you prune but dont top anything 2 weeks before flip.

Top Bottom