Scrogging Questions??

• Thread starter Cory B
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

I grow in tight ass places.i use a handle with a little claw on it to reach in the back under the screen and remove everything under the screen.you have to otherwise your top yield will suffer with all the side nodes underneath sucking energy.its impossible to do a scrog right 2 weeks after everything is grown up past the screen.this ain't even what I would consider a scrog and is more less just a screen holding up the plants and not the screen spreading the plants apart to maximize light coverage

whitebob

whitebob

I grow in tight ass places.i use a handle with a little claw on it to reach in the back under the screen and remove everything under the screen.you have to otherwise your top yield will suffer with all the side nodes underneath sucking energy.its impossible to do a scrog right 2 weeks after everything is grown up past the screen.this ain't even what I would consider a scrog and is more less just a screen holding up the plants and not the screen spreading the plants apart to maximize light coverage
if you read back bud thats what i said earlier... and yes i top my plants a couple of times when I'm scrogging to fill the screen quicker... my room is under 6 ft height at its tallest point and about 2m square.i would personally flip when the screen is 60% to 70% filled to allow for air flow between buds.. i got 20 oz off one plant in scrog like this in my aeroponics. in that room.

H

heisen

The key is timing.you don't want to train your plants while there flowering otherwise all the buds will be under the screen.during the stretch phase your branches are building bud sites.its retarded to put all that under the screen.you want to start flowering through the stretch and the stretch needs to start right before it's filled in.its all about timing.some strains will stretch a mile and some not more than a foot.the key here is maximizing the total amount of tops to fill in your space.otherwise why even scrog.just top and let it all grow.

Dewd

Dewd

The key is timing.you don't want to train your plants while there flowering otherwise all the buds will be under the screen.during the stretch phase your branches are building bud sites.its retarded to put all that under the screen.you want to start flowering through the stretch and the stretch needs to start right before it's filled in.its all about timing.some strains will stretch a mile and some not more than a foot.the key here is maximizing the total amount of tops to fill in your space.otherwise why even scrog.just top and let it all grow.
I was following your grow. It was very nice.
How did that finish?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

i like my coco. nice and clean..(well canna stuff has been) did a couple grow in some dutch pro stuff and it was awful... no end of nutrient problems.. fingers crossed since I've changed to everything canna it seems to have only got better.. "touch wood".. my late father inlay use mostly canna stuff... and the only reason i use ripen is because of him... if he had it on his shelf then it was best to get it on yours too... he was a legend ironically he grew until the day he passed away..i then cropped what he was growing and it paid for his send off to another dimension.. almost like he knew and planned it... we didn't know he was so far on with liver cancer until a week before he passed away..... i think he knew...
Deep...
Awesome memory tho..
my pops been gone 27 yrs..
sometimes its just the little things...

But canna everything for the win...
canna coco
canna coco coir nutes

H

heisen

I was following your grow. It was very nice.
How did that finish?
Bad ass.i never have any issues really.ill upload some pics later tonight.i think I added more pics to my Scott's OG grow.i made a few changes.i added insulation and a new co2 controller.once I re insulated my grow area my co2 levels were bottoming out so it was time.i kept my number 12 scottsog.she was awwsome.here she is now with 6 clones about 2 weeks old about to kill this shit with 1000ppm co2 and recirc dwc.also have my a.c. on programmable thermostat to control day and night temps.this grow gonna be wicked.

20170914 035515

20170906 200756

Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Problem is with advice on these forums is most only listen to what they want to hear and ignore what they dont.people still putting ph down in organic soils with tap water and not cutting back nodes for scrogs.the simple solution to a fast and efficient scrog is figure out how many tops y ou need cut off all that other secondary shit.otherwise your scrog will be a clusterfuk.your main branches will get lost under all the side branches and the mains are what give you the biggest colas.4 plants in a 4x4 you can run about 48 to 56 tops.thats around 14 nodes per plant and that's it.top on the 7th node and cut everything else back.pinch the secondary nodes off.once the plants reach scrog height you can start training them and moving them out to fill the screen.at this point depending how much stretch 5th ou anticipate you can flip them.bug stretchy plants flip around 50 percent filled in.plants that don't stretch much at all.flip around 85 percent filled in.once you have all the tops spaced out in the screen cut everything underneath and don't cut anything else on top.the buds will start to grow and you'll have nothing but big ass tops.
his plants are in a supersoil of such and they aint gonna fill out that screen like ours do in rdwc..
Your still running those 2 systems still right?
plus he is a newb, and every newb flips to soon their first time
inpatient lil fuckers...
And then you just compared your ability with a newbs..
Shit he prob just seeing his first N claw right now

H

heisen

his plants are in a supersoil of such and they aint gonna fill out that screen like ours do in rdwc..
Your still running those 2 systems still right?
plus he is a newb, and every newb flips to soon their first time
inpatient lil fuckers...
And then you just compared your ability with a newbs..
Shit he prob just seeing his first N claw right now
Lol that's funny.i remember when I saw my first N claw.lol

H

heisen

I remember you saying wtf,
Lower your ppm under 400 to keep frim getting claw..
Im thinking that was autos in a six bucket rdwc....
Yeah but it's definitely strain dependent cause the last ones was pushing over 1000 and was loving it.its weird but that's the beauty of dwc.that EC pen is your best friend.tells you what your plants want and Don't wan t.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Yeah but it's definitely strain dependent cause the last ones was pushing over 1000 and was loving it.its weird but that's the beauty of dwc.that EC pen is your best friend.tells you what your plants want and Don't wan t.
Ya..
Preach brother!
U do know I bought a UC System right?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I heard.i bet that hurt the wallet.i built mine identical to there's with a couple modifications for my liking

The 3 things that are apparant right off the bat is the air diffusor in the control bucket.
Like a 8 inch rubber round ufo looking air diffuser.
I never seen anything like that.
And then the air difussors in the buckets..
Really cool..
And the the air pump and the air line!
The air line is 1" thick like garden hose!
U can see that air diffusion is what the biggest building block or the motor of this machine..
Everything else same ole same ole...
Imo....
Ya i picked it up 1/2 price.
It was 2 months old.
He said his wife said
Get the fucking thing out of this house

So my new toy...
I got about 10 days to finish this run
Then i get to play with it...

20170913 190222
20170913 185726
20170913 185926
whitebob

whitebob

fucking right on there i knew a chap that scrogged his girls so long into flower he had loads of tiny 2 inch tall buds it looked quite funny.. like a net of tiny pom pom's. i don't know how he managed it without snapping them.. Ime they get quite tough a couple weeks is.. but suppose that could be strain dependant too..

whitebob

whitebob

Bad ass.i never have any issues really.ill upload some pics later tonight.i think I added more pics to my Scott's OG grow.i made a few changes.i added insulation and a new co2 controller.once I re insulated my grow area my co2 levels were bottoming out so it was time.i kept my number 12 scottsog.she was awwsome.here she is now with 6 clones about 2 weeks old about to kill this shit with 1000ppm co2 and recirc dwc.also have my a.c. on programmable thermostat to control day and night temps.this grow gonna be wicked.

View attachment 740512

View attachment 740513
wish ac was more of a normal thing over here it would help a lot.. what is your average running cost for your ac for a grow or a week???

whitebob

whitebob

thats about the same as me! good ;) glad I'm not using the chiller and aero system any more cost a fortune to run probably half again on top... hand watering coco is much more pocket friendly...

Top Bottom