Se7000 cord gets hot normal?

• Thread starter rangabud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rangabud

Hey guys can anyone with a se7000 light tell me if it's normal for this plug to get quite warm?
I've noticed the plig gets pretty warm and even the cord close to the plug has a lottle warmth aswell.

Se7000 cord gets hot normal

@SpiderFarmerLED

GrilledCheeze

GrilledCheeze

How long have you had the light? Has it been that way since you've had it? Is it hot enough that you're concerned about the plastic melting? I have one of these coming on Wednesday. It'll be a huge upgrade for me and I'm pretty excited.

R

rangabud

Been using the light for almost 2 months, can't say i really noticed it untill I cranked the light up to full power.
Don't know if it's hot enough to melt it but it's definitely pretty Dam warm, it's a little concerning.

Par meter might be a good idea I wouldn't go off their recommended hang heights
I'm at 20" - 26" from my tops and I'm getting some major taco leaves

GrilledCheeze

GrilledCheeze

I'm definitely not going to underestimate this light. I have a kill o meter and I plan to adjust my wattage for a ballpark ppfd based on readings I've seen others take with this light online. From there I should be able to adjust accordingly based on plants response. It's a lot of power flowing through that cable so I'm not surprised it's hot. I would keep an eye on it so that it doesn't touch anything that might melt or be damaged by the heat.

I was hoping to use the light at 18" at full rip but I guess we will see!

R

rangabud

I'm definitely not going to underestimate this light. I have a kill o meter and I plan to adjust my wattage for a ballpark ppfd based on readings I've seen others take with this light online. From there I should be able to adjust accordingly based on plants response. It's a lot of power flowing through that cable so I'm not surprised it's hot. I would keep an eye on it so that it doesn't touch anything that might melt or be damaged by the heat.

I was hoping to use the light at 18" at full rip but I guess we will see!
Yeah definitely need to keep an eye on it and hope nothing bad happens while I'm sleeping lol.

You might get away with it at 18" no worries I've seen people on here running g this light at 12" no issues and others at 24" and getting taco leaves like me.

It's possibly my strain cos I am also run ing a different strain under my old sf2000s closer than I did with this strain that tacoed but this new strain is fine.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

blow a fan over top if your worried or get a temp reading, depends how warm its getting shouldn't be getting warmer than the driver in my opinion

R

rangabud

Coheres guys I'll pull it apart shortly when I can go in the room and see what it looks like I there

GuySmiley

GuySmiley

Have you checked the outlet with a multimeter to see if the voltage is what it should be?

R

rangabud

Have you checked the outlet with a multimeter to see if the voltage is what it should be?
I haven't no bit there is other lights connected to the same socket that done have any issue.

I would just contact spiderfarmer on here or through email. They have good customer service reps. I wouldnt go pulling apart a pretty new light you can still return or have fixed.
Good point and spiderfamer have just emailed me back and have said to check the connections for burns and get back to them.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I haven't no bit there is other lights connected to the same socket that done have any issue.

Good point and spiderfamer have just emailed me back and have said to check the connections for burns and get back to them.
They are a great company and if the light is only 2 months old its still under warranty so use it lol.

GrilledCheeze

GrilledCheeze

Your answer to number one means you should definitely check your voltage/wattage/amps. You may be pushing your electrical capacity at that outlet/fuse.

R

rangabud

Your answer to number one means you should definitely check your voltage/wattage/amps. You may be pushing your electrical capacity at that outlet/fuse.
As in check how much I'm using vs what the outlet is?
That outlet my lights are on is rated for 240v x 10A - 2400w. Going my the wattage of my lights 1 x se7000 and 3 x sf2000s that's 1300w so only 5.5A.

GrilledCheeze

GrilledCheeze

I would just check to rule it out. Running at 240v is a good thing though. I'll be powering mine at 120v. Were you able to just use a simple 240 to 120 adapter? Is it hot at that connection or just the wire you highlighted in the picture?

R

rangabud

I would just check to rule it out. Running at 240v is a good thing though. I'll be powering mine at 120v. Were you able to just use a simple 240 to 120 adapter? Is it hot at that connection or just the wire you highlighted in the picture?
Yeah I might have to but I would need to buy a tool I'm guessing on there's no way the prongs on my multimeter would fit in the outlet and I'm not even sure if that's safe.

240v is the standard in my country, no adapter required spiderfarmer make their lights for 240v aswell.

The hot bit is the connection in the picture and a and just a short length of the wire either side. That connection is from the driver to the light bar.

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

So not Normal then.

Definitely a place for upgrade with a much more durable connection.

GrilledCheeze

GrilledCheeze

Does anyone think applying a small bit of dielectric grease to the connector would help at all?

Latest posts

Top Bottom