SE7000 with Co2 in Multiple Hydro systems, Barneys Farm Genetics!!!

• Thread starter Cashmeh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Started 2 of each. Soaked in 72f ro for 16hrs, papertowel method my way, waterer twice a day heavily, the holes allowed access to drain. Evaporation was key to going from a dry seed to leafs in 3 days. 48hrs in papertowels.

Video was last night. Currently cleaning the 4x4 flower room that my se7000 will go in. I will the 4 best looking phenos.

2 week veg for 4 plants starting last night.

My hydro system will be very unique and hopefully works as well as I expect.

Ill post more as I build the system, as I said. . I have 2 weeks to finish it.

Se7000 with co2 in multiple hydro systems barneys farm genetics
Se7000 with co2 in multiple hydro systems barneys farm genetics 2
Se7000 with co2 in multiple hydro systems barneys farm genetics 3
Se7000 with co2 in multiple hydro systems barneys farm genetics 4
Se7000 with co2 in multiple hydro systems barneys farm genetics 5
Se7000 with co2 in multiple hydro systems barneys farm genetics 6
Se7000 with co2 in multiple hydro systems barneys farm genetics 7
A

AtlaTeryx

Nice germination method, I'll be following along. Interested in the hydro setup you are building.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

All 6 are doing great. I turned up the light from 4k lux to 9k lux. With only a 2 week veg im going to try and push them. Here are my specs

Hydro solution for veg is athena calmag, flora trio, and athena balance. When transplanting to flower room I will add "Massive"

Ph 5.5 and Water Temp 72f
Ppm 400 (150ppm calmag, 100 ppm micro, 100 ppm grow, 50 ppm athena balance (silica for alkalinity stability mainly)

No hydro guard has been used, yet. I prolly shouldnt test this theory of mine, but a part of me thinks I don't need it. I can fix root rot easily incase this backfires, more less just need to know for sure.

Environment settings

Lux 9,500
Co2 2000ppm
Humidity 50%
Room temp 77f lights on, 70f lights off. This will change when I transplant to the flower room as I will be using the T8 Cloudline bluetooth controller and working on maintaining stable vpd.

I will say this, idk if its genetics or the sealed room. But my last grow was my first under these conditions. It was also the best plant so far ive grown out of like 20 over the last 2 years.

Lets just say im very hopeful and expect an even better grower than my last best.

Time to be lazy and smoke some Mimosa Evo from Barneys farm.

The SE7000 is currently being used in another 4x4. That room will be harvested at the end of this 2 week veg. I will then move at into the tent with my system that isnt finished yet.

What to expect in my upgraded system, lots of venturis.

You will also notice in my first post that the water level is to the bottom of the rock wool. This allows me to skip top feeding and use a wicking system to supply nutrients. Then seeds went from a papertowel directly into the system. I use rockwool btw if you didnt know. Normally its not good to wick up long term due to unused nutrients being trapped in the cube. Top feeding prevents that. Yet with this, since its a small cube, by the time that happens the roots are in the water pulling up fresh. I also found that oversaturation of the rockwool stunts growth, so if I were to have the entire cube under water, my growth would by drastically slow.

20221013 171716
20221013 171730
20221013 171724
Last edited:
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

This is 7 days of growth in the system. Ive slowly been dialing light up, all are receiving about 20k lux now.

I tested the solution last night for the first time. It was 6.4 ph and 440ppms.

Still no Hydroguard added, roots look white, and im not surprised. Idk why but I have a feeling alot of info regarding BBS is misunderstood, even by me still.

I ph down to 5.5 and did nothing else. Generally I would be pulling solution out and adding water to dilute, calling it over feeding. You generally want ppms to fall not raise.

My stems are green and not red or purple, the new growth looks thin and light green. . just how I like it. So to me, I dont see signs of overfeeding so im not going to mess with it. They havnt drank anything really, so no need to top off. It the ppms havnt started dropping in 3 or 4 days I might put them in the new system early.

Today im cleaning my grow room up and getting this SE7000 into a 4x4. If that goes smooth I will be building the system tomorrow.

I only can let them stay in this veg tent for 7 more days so I might not add anything. One week left to transplant and I have no room ready. Time for redbull

20220915 132811
20221019 140915 HDR
20221019 140924
20221019 140930
20221019 140927
20221019 141007 HDR
Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just did my first grow not adding BB… until i seen an issue… crown rot. i managed to save 3 plants and only 2 recovered fast enough not to harm geowth significantly…. Only because i hit them hard with BB. Just a word of caution from experience, i have never had an issue running a live system start to finish but i have had when not

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Just did my first grow not adding BB… until i seen an issue… crown rot. i managed to save 3 plants and only 2 recovered fast enough not to harm geowth significantly…. Only because i hit them hard with BB. Just a word of caution from experience, i have never had an issue running a live system start to finish but i have had when not
Was the crown rot caused from the coco? I remember you saying something about it but Idk.

I guess im assuming there are natural bbs even in RO. Whats in our humidity, how do spores travel, how do viruses spread from host to host.

After the pandemic a part of me thinks we are becoming more fragile and everything we find under a microscope has always been here.

Now my root structure looks like that of dwc, so perhaps i have something else, or the bbs from hydro guard made it through my soap and water wash, yet its hott chlorinated tap water. I do have other systems in the room that have hydroguard in them.

I wonder if bbs can travel in humidity lol, again Idk much, but what ive learned over the years is we are loosing the war on microbes that we started.

UPDATE:

Light is in the room. Tent just needs shopvaced and then i gotta go to my building and dig out my old 4 plant system. . clean it and upgrade it.

I have 7 days, but id like to get it done tomorrow. We shal see. .. . I will say im becoming more motivated as these 6 grow.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Was the crown rot caused from the coco? I remember you saying something about it but Idk.

I guess im assuming there are natural bbs even in RO. Whats in our humidity, how do spores travel, how do viruses spread from host to host.

After the pandemic a part of me thinks we are becoming more fragile and everything we find under a microscope has always been here.

Now my root structure looks like that of dwc, so perhaps i have something else, or the bbs from hydro guard made it through my soap and water wash, yet its hott chlorinated tap water. I do have other systems in the room that have hydroguard in them.

I wonder if bbs can travel in humidity lol, again Idk much, but what ive learned over the years is we are loosing the war on microbes that we started.

UPDATE:

Light is in the room. Tent just needs shopvaced and then i gotta go to my building and dig out my old 4 plant system. . clean it and upgrade it.

I have 7 days, but id like to get it done tomorrow. We shal see. .. . I will say im becoming more motivated as these 6 grow.
Coco was a bit wet yes but coco does not cause crown rot… a fungal species does. Anytime a favourable environment occurs you can get an infection… but any fungal or bacterial infection is a result of that species being the most dominant… just as fungi produce metabolites that are antibacterial some species of bacteria do the opposite and act as anti fungal. So the difference between an infection and no infection is what species takes hold.

There are fungal spores and bacteria everywhere and thats why it’s important to either inoculate or sterilize or your leaving things to chance.

I agree for humans this over sanitized world we live in reduces our ability to gain a stronger immune system and kills the microbiome thats helps protect us… but humans are not plants. It just doesn’t work the same way. Nature balances this in ground soil but not in our hydro systems.

just figured you’d rather learn from others mistakes but nothing wrong with learning first hand

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Coco was a bit wet yes but coco does not cause crown rot… a fungal species does. Anytime a favourable environment occurs you can get an infection… but any fungal or bacterial infection is a result of that species being the most dominant… just as fungi produce metabolites that are antibacterial some species of bacteria do the opposite and act as anti fungal. So the difference between an infection and no infection is what species takes hold.

There are fungal spores and bacteria everywhere and thats why it’s important to either inoculate or sterilize or your leaving things to chance.

I agree for humans this over sanitized world we live in reduces our ability to gain a stronger immune system and kills the microbiome thats helps protect us… but humans are not plants. It just doesn’t work the same way. Nature balances this in ground soil but not in our hydro systems.

just figured you’d rather learn from others mistakes but nothing wrong with learning first hand
With my efforts to block light from entering, and being able to adjust water flow and air flow, and trying different temps, and fighting root rot years ago, basically I can make root rot happen if I leave the lid cracked and turn the pump off. Then if there is no mesh filter, I cannot defeat the rot without res changes, but with a mesh filter, I was able to defeat it without a water change. I guess ive just had so many variables in this res, that I just like seeing what does and doesnt work best. I can assure you, if I see any symptoms, ill never do it again lol. This test wont last years, and perhaps I shouldnt try it on this grow, perhaps I wont lol. . but I have to try it on a single tote one of these days. With these genetics I will be adding hydroguard at transplant next week. Its cool if I can save it on my veg res though for 2 weeks either way. I guess I need a good microscope so I can look at my water for myself. I should be able to see bbs with a decent scope right? idk honestly. .

Last edited:
smokedareefer

smokedareefer

"important to either inoculate or sterilize or your leaving things to chance."

I dont do either and have had nothing but "successful " grows in the last 10 years. I dont think its by chance anymore.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I dont do either and have had nothing but "successful " grows in the last 10 years. I dont think its by chance anymore.
You dont use bbs or corrosive additives?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

healthy plants are pretty resilient. Have you had to deal with a setback in plant health?

curious what products you use

Top Bottom