Sealed, Multi-Chamber box for CO2

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squiggly

squiggly

My two cents says draw air through this system, never push any into it. Not sure why my gut is so strong in this one, but I don't like the idea of spent combustion gases leaking into spaces where people breathe or sleep.

With regard to CH4 fuel (natural gas), the reaction products are H2O and CO2. Combustion goes to completion. It's the cleanest burning fuel on the planet.

ttystikk

ttystikk

With regard to CH4 fuel (natural gas), the reaction products are H2O and CO2. Combustion goes to completion. It's the cleanest burning fuel on the planet.

"COMPLETE" combustion, sure. In a hypoxic environment, I guarantee there will be carbon monoxide. This is the condition I'm trying to avoid.

As examples, my hot water heater, gas dryer and furnace all run from the same natural gas pipe, yet only the furnace produces clouds of carbon monoxide. It's old, possibly the heat exchanger is cracked, it's inefficient- and I heat my house with 'waste heat' from my grow all winter, so I never use the nasty thing. It DID teach me to buy a good quality CO monitor/alarm, highly recommended if anyone is burning a lot of gas.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Now, if I wanted to use the effluent from my gas water heater and/or dryer, the same conditions apply, yes? If combustion is complete, CO² and water vapor are my only products? So, is there any reason why such a scheme wouldn't work or be unsafe to utilize?

I know for a fact that my mountain friends on propane do it already. Propane is rated for indoor use, as it does not like to make carbon monoxide, either.

J

Jalisco Kid

I swear I posted in this thread already. I would use 3 controllers that operate 3 dampners and burner. Otherwise your girls would never get an even flow of the right ppm. JK

Top Bottom