Sealed Room Co2 At Night/ Need Removing?

• Thread starter bobby34
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bobby34

On running co2 in a sealed room ive heard that if its not extracted at night it may cause the plants not to ripen as quickly??. Obviously the co2 is not administered at night but being a sealed room the residual may still hang around.

Interested in any info please

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Out in the real world co2 would be higher (generally speaking) at night than in the day. So in a room I would think that you may be able to change how fast a plant would ripen but you aren't going to be hurting anything by going one way or the other. Also, its likely that any number of things could affect your ripening more than the co2 input; 200ppm co2 at night vs. 2degree lower temps at night....

PB

B

bobby34

Out in the real world co2 would be higher (generally speaking) at night than in the day. So in a room I would think that you may be able to change how fast a plant would ripen but you aren't going to be hurting anything by going one way or the other. Also, its likely that any number of things could affect your ripening more than the co2 input; 200ppm co2 at night vs. 2degree lower temps at night....

PB

How about at higher day time levels like 1000-1500ppm ? As my generator has a light sensitive controller so it will keep those levels until the lights go out!. Its only some thing some one has mentioned to me so im trying to gather as much info as to whether its worth have some kind of extraction for say and hour after lights off perhaps??.

Cheers

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
I personally wouldn't think about it. If you are having issues with stuff not ripening, I would first look into what bulbs you are using and then maybe what night/day temps are... Also, I've seen a guy's room where it NEVER ripened- ever. he let some plants go 12- 15 weeks and would never see trics get there... Just sayin.

PB

B

bobby34

Cool cheers bro, Its my first time out with co2 so just checking ive got every thing covered on my setup

M

Moses249

bobby i been running sealed rooms exclusively for a long long time and you FOR SURE need to pump in fresh air into your room during the plants night cycle..... you can try and extract it as well but i would pump in fresh air... if your in a cold area this can be tricky in the winter cuz ur room will get too cold.... IF you dont pull in fresh air your co2 in ur room at night could be up as high as 1200 ppm which fucks up ripening and WILL Negativley effect your quality smell and all that shit

M

Moses249

if you have a co2 monitor of any kind a fuzzy logic sentinel or auto pilot or simliar put it in your sealed room when the plants are in thier dark phase. you will see that they will actually be emitting co2 into the room and that your co2 in your sealed room during the night cycle could get up to 1300 + cuz the plants are bbreathing it out at night and its getting stuck in the room

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Not tryin' to be a dick but.... Huh? (moses- meet me at camera three) I don't know about yours but mine don't put out co2. at all. ever. never did happen. And if they did, why aren't we just using that to feed the other cycles? And why would deforestation be such a big deal if trees were actually responsible for a lot of the greenhouse gasses?

Huh?

PB

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

photosynthesis has plants using co2
respiration has plants exuding co2

photosynthesis happens at a faster rate then respiration
that is until it is night

fwiw

edit to add
if there is a pilot light ? co2 will be created
if it is bottled co2 ? ethylene gas may be of concern
a bit of research may be required to find your answer

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
My understanding(going back 10 years) is that respiration of co2 from any given biomass is definitely there but negligible. Plants will NOT sustain themselves.

Pilot light good idea.

Ethylene gas!? Whats up?

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
fuck WG, i'm cross eyed- cant do it tonight. first thing come daylight...

PB

fractal

fractal

It's just a waste of money to run the gas at night when the plants are not photosynthesizing. So make it last longer by only running it during the day. Maybe set it to come on 20 minutes before lights on so the level is up there when the lights come on and the plants can get to doing there thing right away. It's all about saving money on overhead when you're running an indoor grow and co2 is not cheap.

B

bobby34

Im using the coolgen sx which is a water cooled burner. And my Co2 controller is ran from a maxi controller!. The maxi dosnt allow co2 to be released at night due to a light sensitive eye!. And the coolgen dosnt have a pilot light, Ive basically hooked it to my water mains via a solenoid valve so when the maxi wants co2 it switches the solenoid on, the water runs through it and this in turn starts the coolgen. 700% cooler than a normal burner. or so they say!!. All i know is what i set on the maxi in terms of ppm i get!.

Bo0m

Bo0m

#TempleOfBoomMagikBeanCo
Supporter
Not tryin' to be a dick but.... Huh? (moses- meet me at camera three) I don't know about yours but mine don't put out co2. at all. ever. never did happen. And if they did, why aren't we just using that to feed the other cycles? And why would deforestation be such a big deal if trees were actually responsible for a lot of the greenhouse gasses?

Huh?

PB
LMFAO ROFL

I was thinking the same thing.

Bo0m

Bo0m

#TempleOfBoomMagikBeanCo
Supporter
I have noticed after lights outs, and buy the time lights come back on, it's back down to natural levals, ( under 500 )

Id probably guess maybe two hours and the shits gone in my room.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
tration in the cuvette never fell below 0.005%.) An increase in the
concentration of CO2 from normal to 0.074% had no effect on the
A rate of ethylene production, whereas 0.11% CO2 resulted in a
marked increase in the rate of ethylene production compared to the control.

(hard to copy and paste...)

What are we talking about in ppm's when we look at .11% CO2? Does this mean 1100ppm? 10000ppm would be 1.0%CO2?

Seems to me that the levels of CO2 they are working with when getting their decrease in ethylene production are quite high and that the lower levels that I'm likely to see in a room promote more ethylene production- a good thing for ripening. More questions than answers for me.

PB

M

Moses249

butters r you actually running something that displays your co2 ppm? I dont run co2 at night it shuts off when the room goes dark via sentinel controller. Butters the reason you may not be saying your plants respirate co2 is possibly cuz your room isn't super sealed tight and the gasses escape.

A fully sealed room that is tightly sealed, espeically ones that are in basements, like my rooms are, while have a high level of co2 ppm during the dark cycle either because the plants respiratre the co2 and it gets trapped or because the basements naturally collect co2 cuz it falls to the basement.

As far as questions about the history of the earth, and co2 levels on earth over the millions of years its irrelevant. growing indoor cannabis doesn't mimic natural systems in any way. basically humans are creating a matrix like enviorment to maximize the yields of plants. so i dont bother trying to copy nature in any way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom