Sealed with c02?

• Thread starter mc_lazy_is
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mc_lazy_is

So its been 3 years since i have grown my last crop and im ready to do my next grow. So ive been hearing about everyone using these c02 generators. Ive been thinking about running one of these but am really confused about how to add this to my grow with out over heating the plants. Especially if i have to seal the room and have no venting. The room is currently being cooled by a 8" max fan and another 8" max fan on a CAN 75 Filter. For my invent i have a 6" CAN HO connected to a air filter that pulls air in from outside. Does anyone have some insight on how to properly add 1600 ppm of c02 to my room and still keep a 45% humidity and temps at 75-82 degrees? Any advice would be of great help, tell me how you guys add your c02!!

ooS0uPoo

ooS0uPoo

The co2 is not going to effect your temps or humidity readings. It actually allows your plants to take advantage of, and be tolerant to higher temps. IMO after reading your post I would think establishing an export for your space would be your first concern, a need for fresh and circulating oxygen (Which means getting the old air out) is at the foundation of their photosynthesis needs. But when you are ready, Hydrofarm makes a regulater kit for just over 100$ (Without the tanks) it comes with a guide to help you calculate the amount of Co2 your space needs and how to set the timer appropriately.

Easy and cheap, it doesnt have the ppm reader integrated but it does the job! Hope this helps! Happy growing! -S0uP

M

mc_lazy_is

The c02 generators dont create heat? everyones telling me they creat extra heat to the room since its propane thats burning. Please correct me if im wrong..

G

Gnarfbuckle

I personally wouldnt run a sealed room with a nice AC unit.

And a sealed room means your not venting in air from outside..... unless im mistaken.

E

ent

The c02 generators dont create heat? everyones telling me they creat extra heat to the room since its propane thats burning. Please correct me if im wrong..

yes they will introduce additional heat. and the plants stomatas opening/closing and releasing moisture will be accelerated, so there will be increased humidity too. the best way i've found was to seal up the room, vent the hoods on a closed system and introduce a dehumidifier and a/c.

if venting your hoods doesn't get the room cool enough, then you're going to need to add a cooler, such as a swamp cooler or a/c. you could use a fan to exchange all of the air in your room for humidity and not get a dehumidifier, but that depends on your ambient humidity. in the valley in CA you can get away with exchanging air because the humidity is usually pretty low. if you were in Florida, the ambient humidity is probably too high and a dehumidifier would be necessary. g'luck.

Top Bottom