Searching for a 4 inch ducted space heater!

• Thread starter Rickcin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rickcin

Rickcin

I have a 2x4x6 grow tent in a large basement and the basements temperature is fairly constant at 65 degrees +/-.

I was hoping to find a small space heated with a 4 inch duct that I could run directly into the tent to boost the heat and I don’t believe anything like that exists.
I’m guessing I will just have to place a space heater outside facing one end of the tent and then thinking I will need a small humidifier inside the tent since the heater will substantially lower the humidity.

This must be a common problem when growing in a tent that’s within another space?

Also wondering if there’s a good temperate/humidity gauge I could leave in the tent and check it via Bluetooth that would save me from going up and down a full flight of stairs all day? Thanks

Anthem

Anthem

I have a 2x4x6 grow tent in a large basement and the basements temperature is fairly constant at 65 degrees +/-.

I was hoping to find a small space heated with a 4 inch duct that I could run directly into the tent to boost the heat and I don’t believe anything like that exists.
I’m guessing I will just have to place a space heater outside facing one end of the tent and then thinking I will need a small humidifier inside the tent since the heater will substantially lower the humidity.

This must be a common problem when growing in a tent that’s within another space?

Also wondering if there’s a good temperate/humidity gauge I could leave in the tent and check it via Bluetooth that would save me from going up and down a full flight of stairs all day? Thanks
65 is too low for either HPS or LED. HPS you want to shoot for 78 degrees with light on. With LED you can run up to about 84 degrees, but 81 to 82 will work.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The lights are going to heat it up.
Starting on the cool side is a bonus. It's easier to heat than cool.

Rickcin

Rickcin

Yes that is why I said 78 degrees lights on with HPS and up to 84 with LED's.
Why higher with LED’s? Now I’m guessing I will need a space heater outside the tent and maybe a humidifier inside.

Anthem

Anthem

Why higher with LED’s? Now I’m guessing I will need a space heater outside the tent and maybe a humidifier inside.
HPS gives off more UV and it heats the leaf surface. LED's typically do not give off much UV so you have to raise the room temperature to get the leaf temperature into the correct range.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Plants grow best between 68 and 77 deg F from what I've learned. That is the temp where they are most active. Some plants like a higher temp (Cactus for example) and some won't bloom unless it's snowing. Cannabis falls right in the low to mid 70's range. How you get it there is up to you. Our lights are enough to push the temp 10-15 deg F on an average day. So for us, 65 is perfect.

Anthem

Anthem

Plants grow best between 68 and 77 deg F from what I've learned. That is the temp where they are most active. Some plants like a higher temp (Cactus for example) and some won't bloom unless it's snowing. Cannabis falls right in the low to mid 70's range. How you get it there is up to you. Our lights are enough to push the temp 15 deg F on an average day. So for me, 65 is perfect.
@1diesel1 does this sound correct to you ?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You're actually going to get around 650w from that light.
It has the correct numbers to claim 1500, but that's not how they really work.

Anthem

Anthem

You're actually going to get around 650w from that light.
It has the correct numbers to claim 1500, but that's not how they really work.
Wrong once again. The spec state 260 watts for the 1500w model. If it was 650watts it would be on par with Gavita 1700e, Fluence Syder 2i or HLG Diablo

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
@1diesel1 does this sound correct to you ?
So many angles at this question,
Indoor is a hole different monster in itself.
Environment, genetics it all has to mesh together correctly for your grow.
68f in my opinion is to cold for veg and flower up to week 6/7. Typically I’m in the 73-77f range through veg and week 6 of bloom.
I’ll drop the temperature to 68-71f the last weeks to mimic the coming of autumn.
I feel the plants finish out closer to what Mother Nature intended.

SDJ99

SDJ99

I really really don’t think you need a space heater. Put wire shelving in the bottom to keep them off the ground (I just repurposed mine from a cheap greenhouse). That will keep your roots from being too cool. The light will cover your heating needs!!! 16 hours/18 hours of light will bring the heat up enough for it to stay warm while the light is off). I found my plants are fairly good at keeping their humidity and temperature pretty consistent in my basement. I have the same size grow tent. Something to consider is the Mylar, being so highly reflective, helping with efficiency, but also as an insulator. I’d be more worried about circulating air AROUND your grow tent. Do some small oscillating fans, a normal, cheap intake fan, and spend your money on the carbon air filter/scrubber and exhaust fan setup.
Heat and humidity are inversely proportional. When heat is high, humidity is often low and raising humidity will lower temperatures. (The leaves expel water to cool themselves). A super cheap way to raise humidity in your grow tent is literally just a glass bowl of water in the bottom. It won’t solve major humidity issues, but it will help some.
I’m a first time grower and avid researcher and this is just what I’ve gathered that’s helped me the most.
don’t spend money that you don’t have to!

Latest posts

Top Bottom