Searching for high THCV strains

• Thread starter Skeptik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ali_Tarpate

Ali_Tarpate

Here's a quick and dirty TLC run of my Diet Durban. This was done rather carelessly since I was in a hurry. It still shows what I wanted to see though. It's still a couple of weeks from harvest, and it's got some seeds. I just let them have their little onanist love fest - knocked off what male organs I could, but you can't find them all. Big deal - I smoked it with seeds for many years - not optimal, but not the end of the world, either.

DD TLC
SomeGuy420

SomeGuy420

The THCV distillate is delta-8thcv? Delta-8-thc and delta-9-thc are quite different, I would expect delta-8-thcv and delta-9-thcv to be quite different as well. Hard to find people who have tried both, but all reports I've seen prefer d9 to d8, some by a little, some by a lot. I've never seen a report of anybody preferring the d8 over d9.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I'm harvesting over the next 2 weeks including 2 THC Victory and 2 Diet Durbans - I managed to not get hermies on them. It has been a textbook grow, so if I don't have lots of THCV this time, I'm not sure what is next.

Interesting to see your results on the TLC - I hope to have something similar to show soon.

D

Drewmech

Any update on the harvest? Really interested in the THC-Victory. I can’t seem to find anyone willing to ship it to the states. I bought diet Durban when seedsman was selling it however all 10 seeds hermied out.

grnmtn

grnmtn

Any update on the harvest? Really interested in the THC-Victory. I can’t seem to find anyone willing to ship it to the states. I bought diet Durban when seedsman was selling it however all 10 seeds hermied out.
Check out Hoku....lots of thcv

grnmtn

grnmtn

Well, I guess only two. Check out description of the ACER 1 strain. I bought those and got Syrian thcv strain with it cuz technically the ACER seeds cannot be sold. Crazy.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Dutch Passion have a THC-Victory but I don't know if they ship to the US

D

Drewmech

Dutch Passion have a THC-Victory but I don't know if they ship to the US
They won’t. None of their vendors will ship it here either. Dutch Passion vendors in the states can’t get it. I’ve emailed all of them numerous times. Seedsman who I have received orders from in the past has it in stock as long as you tell the site your in Europe. The second you select America region it’s suddenly sold out. I’ve asked them all the same question. “Show me on the doll where America touched you” they all blame Brexit and flu.

Ali_Tarpate

Ali_Tarpate

No one has answered drewmech's question on the harvest. Hasn't anyone grown any varin varieties? Moe.red?

I grew out some Diet Durban as mentioned above, now have two Novarine THCV plants that I'm waiting on to flower. The DD has seeds,but also plenty of THCV. I'm hoping the novarine will do better and not hermie out.
I am still wondering when is the best time to harvest for max THCV according to the trichome color - cloudy or amber?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Sorry, apparently something shiny came into my field of vision and I squirreled on this thread.

I did finish the grow. For me, THC Victory was unsmokable. They did have THCv blips, but the resulting bud was not worth it to me. I feel abused.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I suppose I should say a bit about my THCv adventures. It sure was fun, and I was able to coax usable amounts of THCv from a few different plants and learned a ton in the process. Even those that are not known for it like White Widow. UVB seemed to have a positive impact on that, as did stressing the plants. I can go on here, but the truth is I gave up. Turns out THCv was not the miracle I was hoping for. I even bought large qty of pure THCv for experimentation, and once you get past the placebo effect (I REALLY wanted this to work) the results were really no different than complex weed that has measurable minor cannabinoids. For me, there was no use continuing to chase it.

There is still work to be done here in terms of dosages, ingestion methods, effects of entourage, etc but for me, I kinda hit a dead end.

If you want to experiment, this is cheaper than the seeds and I personally tested it to be 100% THCv - already decarbed.

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

When I had a hemp farm I was on a website for selling wholesale cannabis. I think it was called kush.com. There was a dude on there with some THCV genetics trying to sell the genetics for 1000,000.00. So big spenders can go there lol.

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

When I had a hemp farm I was on a website for selling wholesale cannabis. I think it was called kush.com. There was a dude on there with some THCV genetics trying to sell the genetics for 1000,000.00. So big spenders can go there lol.
I signed up for kush long time ago but kush is a main site for vendors. I've always liked the CBG cannabinoid for it's muscle relaxation properties. At least that's what it does for me. I have a bunch of seeds from Flow gardens and Tennessee hemp farms. Came with my orders straight out of the flower.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Top Bottom