Searching for high THCV strains

• Thread starter Skeptik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I wonder if it's a reaction to it's environment. Will one get much THCV in indoor situations ? Maybe outdoors.There's not much IR rays from bulbs. They used to make(maybe still do) 1500 watt halides which put out IR but they had a very short service life.
My non scientific results:

HID better than led
Far Red no impact
UVA no impact
UVB measurable positive impact
Looooooong flower positive impact

Using clones of white widow and using TLC to make measurements. I can grow one clone in my LED tent and another under HID plus UVB and the latter will show THCV the led no. Even under HiD if I harvest too early no THCv

Observationist

Observationist

HID better than led
Far Red no impact
UVA no impact

Using clones of white widow and using TLC to make measurements. I can grow one clone in my LED tent and another under HID plus UVB and the latter will show THCV the led no. Even under HiD if I harvest too early no THCv
Interesting effects of spectrums

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

HID better than led
Far Red no impact
UVA no impact

If it is a reaction to UV .i kept saying IR sorry, emission ,I think lights are made to not emit much UV for safety reasons and that could help explain .

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

If it is a reaction to UV .i kept saying IR sorry, emission ,I think lights are made to not emit much UV for safety reasons and that could help explain .
There are no consumer UVB diodes yet. Lots of lamps have UVA but most are at ineffective levels to do any good. You really have to supplement to push plants.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Interesting effects of spectrums

There are no consumer UVB diodes yet. Lots of lamps have UVA but most are at ineffective levels to do any good. You really have to supplement to push plants.
I have heard of people using reptile lamps,It would stand to reason the higher the altitude and/or closer to the equator the more THCV possible if UV is responsible.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I have heard of people using reptile lamps,It would stand to reason the higher the altitude and/or closer to the equator the more THCV possible if UV is responsible.
That was my hypothesis based on Durban Poison and other IBLs like Malawi Gold where the genetics evolved to produce THCv in the first place.

Basically you have to start with genetics that are predisposed and stress them a bit to get the expression you are looking for. I think.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

That was my hypothesis based on Durban Poison and other IBLs like Malawi Gold where the genetics evolved to produce THCv in the first place.

Basically you have to start with genetics that are predisposed and stress them a bit to get the expression you are looking for. I think.
Yes I have read along that line as well, like drug strains have an enzyme to initiate the pathway for THC biosynthesis and hemp strains lack the enzyme.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Did you try any of the Malberry African sativas?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Did you try any of the Malberry African sativas?
I think I grew 3 African IBLs. Maybe 4? I'm in for a treat tho because my buddy @Moshmen gifted me some IBL Durban - like the original stuff. So pumped to try that.

No Malberry. Did some Thai and chased a few other things around. But now I'm just focused on growing the most complex plant I can, meaning the most balanced with lots of minors. If this IBL Durban is any good, I plan to cross it with my best. I just want THC, CBD, CBG and THCv in one plant. No big deal, right?

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I think I grew 3 African IBLs. Maybe 4? I'm in for a treat tho because my buddy @Moshmen gifted me some IBL Durban - like the original stuff. So pumped to try that.

No Malberry. Did some Thai and chased a few other things around. But now I'm just focused on growing the most complex plant I can, meaning the most balanced with lots of minors. If this IBL Durban is any good, I plan to cross it with my best. I just want THC, CBD, CBG and THCv in one plant. No big deal, right?
When you find the one that satisfies your head,be sure to make seeds. Malberry has their own site, they have had Africans since the start and supplied a lot of seedbanks relabeled as their own and got burned a few times,they sell them by kilos too. I'm going to try them out in the winter.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

When you find the one that satisfies your head,be sure to make seeds. Malberry has their own site, they have had Africans since the start and supplied a lot of seedbanks relabeled as their own and got burned a few times,they sell them by kilos too. I'm going to try them out in the winter.

Ahhh my bad. I thought you were referring to a strain not a seed store. I just can’t keep up with you kids and all your strains lol.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Ahhh my bad. I thought you were referring to a strain not a seed store. I just can’t keep up with you kids and all your strains lol.
One time I ordered seeds and they gave me 10 Malberry Peshwar as a bonus,about half germinated, I was expecting a wideblade and I got real narrow blade,I ended up foolishly tossing them thinking it was a joke and then later I found their site and looked exactly like the one I tossed so they didn't lie.

grnmtn

grnmtn

Hoku seed shop has a large selection of THCV strains for sale that they have been breeding over the last year

Ali_Tarpate

Ali_Tarpate

Hoku seed drop with THCV varieties right NOW. Go to the Hoku Series in the shop, then Villainy Series. I ordered the Varin BX.

"I just want to say thank you for your patience and I apologize for not getting these out last Friday like I had planned. But here they are!!! And there should be plenty to go around. This is one of my most promising series to date as it focuses very much on CBG and THCV as well as mixed ratios in general. A lot of thought and hard work went into this project and I hope you all enjoy it.

Germination tests were all successful and we are running each of these crosses, plus a few unreleased ones, this summer. Stay tuned and follow along with us as we dive deep into the rabbit hole of novel cannabinoids."

shaganja

shaganja

20220628 230949

Let the thcv project begin!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom