Second Grow and same issues with seedlings

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

So I just got done with my first grow ever of Grandaddy Purp Autoflowers and had a pretty successful grow from what I have been told. I was told however that my plants always seemed stunted. Well fast forward and im now into my second grow of 3 gelato and 3 Bruce Banner. It's day 17 and looking back at my previous grow journal, I am back into tye same predicament. One looks tall and lanky, one looks like shit (front left in video), some leaves are drooping and one plant looks good (back left).
All cups have plenty of holes for drainage, are all Fox Farm Soil with perlite, I'm watering them with a spray bottle (6.15 PH) the same amount of pumps, my LUX reading is at 11000. I am fairly new to tge Mars Hydro as I added it the last 4 weeks of my last grow so I'm trying to figure out the percentage which is currently at 50%.
I'm just trying to learn to get consistency as I am hooked on this hobby and want to maximize results and yields moving forward. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Been around every 2.5 days. Our air is ridiculously dry right now. No matter how high I have my humidifier on I can't get above 45% vs summer when it's humid beyond belief. But generally I pickup the cup to see how light it is. Here is a picture of my last grow on same day 15 and only reason they don't look as stretched is because I had added a little bit of dirt around the stem to hope for smaller plants.

Screenshot 20211024 195131 Photos
HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Seriously, try moving your lights up higher friend, or dimming them down further... those plants are still small for that amount of light 😉

TSD

TSD

Seriously, try moving your lights up higher friend, or dimming them down further... those plants are still small for that amount of light 😉
Yeah leds are strong, I always have my seedlings under straight fluorescent for the first 2 or 3 weeks.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Over wastering. You're not draining. Put a small pebble in the red cup to keep an air pocket under the plants.

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Sounds like a plan. The cups have just looked and felt bone dry. Should I physically raise lights and turn down percentage do you think?

Madbud

Madbud

I use solo cups every year. Use a scale to water, its similar to lifting the cup but a lot more accurate. Weigh a cup of fresh soil, water when your cup gets below that number, around 175g. Use clear soda bottles as domes to increase humidity, k.i.s.s.

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

So I just got done with my first grow ever of Grandaddy Purp Autoflowers and had a pretty successful grow from what I have been told. I was told however that my plants always seemed stunted. Well fast forward and im now into my second grow of 3 gelato and 3 Bruce Banner. It's day 17 and looking back at my previous grow journal, I am back into tye same predicament. One looks tall and lanky, one looks like shit (front left in video), some leaves are drooping and one plant looks good (back left).
All cups have plenty of holes for drainage, are all Fox Farm Soil with perlite, I'm watering them with a spray bottle (6.15 PH) the same amount of pumps, my LUX reading is at 11000. I am fairly new to tge Mars Hydro as I added it the last 4 weeks of my last grow so I'm trying to figure out the percentage which is currently at 50%.
I'm just trying to learn to get consistency as I am hooked on this hobby and want to maximize results and yields moving forward. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I run a TSL2000 from Mars Hydro and its at about 30-36 inches from the plants at 25%. I get up to 50% in flower and have pushed to 60-70%, but the plants started to show light stress and stress is the last thing I want in flower. Frankly the only time I ran them 100% is when I pulled it out of the box to get the WOW thats bright effect.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I introduces my last grow to my Mars Hydro 2000 tge last 4 weeks of my last grow at 100 percent at 28 inches and plants loved it. I am still learning alot about tgis light

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I run a TSL2000 from Mars Hydro and its at about 30-36 inches from the plants at 25%. I get up to 50% in flower and have pushed to 60-70%, but the plants started to show light stress and stress is the last thing I want in flower. Frankly the only time I ran them 100% is when I pulled it out of the box to get the WOW thats bright effect.
You want some stress in flower to increase trich production.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

You were a HUGE part of my success ComfortablyNumb in my last grow. I followed alot of youre instructions with my last grow and respected alot of you're opinions and reccomendations so I feel I will do the same again. I personally don't feel like I'm seeing heat stress based on videos and pictures online. I too have decided to leave my lights alone and following my last grow journal as far as lighting. I honestly feel like it's something water related which I'm trying to figure out. Once I got to week 5 I was good on my last grow. Still just learning alot and realize that the seedling stage is VERY finicky. I ask questions cause I like learning and with TONS of info out there it's hard to figure out and that's why I have so comfortably relied on this site. I did end up with 9 ounces of damn good quality bud last grow, about 6 ounces of trim. Have made 2 batches of brownies, a total of 6 sticks of butter and currently have a batch of cannabutter in the crock pot. My last grow taught me ALOT but because this is only grow 2 for me I have not quite developed a pattern yet. The only pattern I have noticed is that I'm not good from weeks 1 to 4 lol. And especially with having introduced new Mars Hydro 2000 lights at the end of my last grow, I too am trying to figure this light out (percentage, height etc.) Not to mention in the summer, Virginia is ridiculously humid and now in the cooler season and with our heat on (wife likes house at 70 degrees which is way too hot for my liking but happy wife happy life lol). And I just can't get my humidity up no matter what. I Transplanted into mesh pots on day 21 last time which I plan on doing the same this time next next but will be doing 3 gallon vs 5 gallon and am hoping my humiditt will go up at that time with more surface area and soil being more moist (simply an opinion as I noticed humidity naturally went up last time once I had bigger pots. May have just been luck but an observation I notated). Thanks ComfortablyNumb for all you're help last time and I'll defiantly be leaving lights alone for now. And to piggy back what you said, my plants LOVED tye introduction of my Mars Hydro and tye "stress" it caused. I ran it at 75 percent for 1 week and 100 percent for tye last 3 weeks and my plants took off. Some local growers were really impressed. Again I ask questions simply to learn and try and get the best results. Thank you all. I attached some pics of my last end result as well to show what plants looked like before Mars Hydro and until the end. You can clearly tell from the burple lighting in tye first few pics.

Screenshot 20211024 195201 Photos
Screenshot 20211024 195221 Photos
Screenshot 20211024 195244 Photos
Screenshot 20211024 195304 Photos
Screenshot 20211024 195410 Photos
Screenshot 20211024 195429 Photos
Screenshot 20211024 195454 Photos
20211021 190936
Screenshot 20211020 182436 Gallery
20211019 205637
20211022 220438
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Whoa!!!!

Ok this is your issues... exactly 2 to be precise.

1. Water the whole cup to run off absolutely NO SPRAYING, NADDA, ZIP , ZILCH... of the media to water plants.

2. Back that light up to 36". And I'm gonna caps this so you also don't miss it... YOU CANNOT USE LUX TO MEASURE BLURPLE LIGHTS. LUX USES GREEN LIGHT TO TAKE MEASUREMENTS AND YOU HAVE ALMOST NONE.

11,000 LUX under blue like that will be OVER 1200ppfd. Those seedlings need maybe 200-300 tops.

I'm gonna link where you can reference this in hopes you don't listen to someone saying g you can measure your blurple in LUX... because you CANNOT.... disclaimer (for the most part)

1.Water the plants then leave em for 3-4 days or the cup is light until you water them again.

2.back your light up to 36"

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Absolutely incredible information about blurple lights. I never knew that with my meter. So tgis is gonna sound really dumb but I'm gonna ask, my first cheap lights were Bloomspect 1200 Watt with a very and Bloom switches. With both on, I "thought" that is blurple. Is the Mars Hydro considered tye same since it has tye different red and blue diodes. Probably tye stupidest question on here but this meter info really has me intrigued

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You changed to a different light. Your Mars Hydro is not a blurple. The light should look white or 'regular daylight'. That light you can measure with a LUX meter.
And @Aqua Man is correct. Your main issue here is how you water during the seedling stage. They need to be almost dry before you water again. Make sure you have enough holes for proper drainage.

I did not see heat stress in the pics. Shut off the blurple and use the new light, your plants will thank you.
Set the light at 20 inches and 40% dimmer.
Lets have some pics under the new light.
There might be other issues hiding in the color.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Yeah, you still have some over watering. Make sure there is an air space between the solo cups.
Also, aim a fan just over them so they seem to vibrate a bit from it. Not directly on them. That will make them grow a thicker trunk and get stronger.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Almost forgot; Humidity.
Plants breathe. They suck up water because it carries the food. Then it breathes out the water and oxygen through the leaves. That's why its always so humid in a tent.
The larger the pot, the more water. The more water the plant drinks, the more humidity. Eventually you may need the de-huey in the tent.

Top Bottom