Second grow attempt!

• Thread starter IndoSmokes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

IndoSmokes

Hey all I am new on here, and wanted to keep a journal so I can have feedback from a good community like here. This is my second grow. I had grew a G-13 clone a while back for about 6 months waiting to buy a proper set up. By the time I flowered it, it was too big and too much for me as my first and I kilt it. I took clones of the G-13 before and I am now growing 4, along with 2 Maui's.

The G-13's are not 'verified' but got it from a reliable place. They are def indica/kush. Super short and bushy. These current plants were approx two months old when I started flowering and I topped them at 6 weeks. The Maui's I put into flowering after only having two weeks. So they are super small, but taking off and doing just fine. The Maui you can see in the container to the left. I began the 12/12 cycle 13 days ago, and I just tied down the plants. The set up is home built aero. Misters are on 5 min every 35 min. Using a 600hps with advanced nutes. The set up is inside a 7x4x4 tent in my house. Pics included and one of the roots. I am a beginner and never mind useful feedback. Thanks and enjoy!

Second grow attempt
Second grow attempt 2
Second grow attempt 3
Second grow attempt 4
S

StrikeitRich

That is one Lanky biotch. I thought TrainWrek stretched.... WOW!

I

IndoSmokes

Yeah it did stretch a bit. I think it looks a little more drastic with they way I pulled the branches down. Before I did they looked a lot more bushy, and I took off a bit at the bottoms when I took cuttings for clones (12 cuttings).

I wanted to add a few more pics. Also the nutes I am using.....I have G,M,B currently. I also have Voodoo, Tarantula and Piranha powders, Sensi, and Bud Factor X. I'm curious if I should continue to use Bud X. Does anyone here suggest it? I also am going to begin using Big Bud tomorrow when I switch out solutions, and debating using Nirvana. I bought a couple I am just wondering if I should use and wonder what people think of them.

Attatched are two pics of the Maui Wowie's and one up close of a G-13 flower starting up.

DSCN1409
DSCN1408
DSCN1410
S

StrikeitRich

Ohhh u took cuttings. Damn i thought that the spaces between nodes was the actual node to node stretch.... okay,okay. Nice.

Them others look bomb bro.

Keep on crankin it out.

Peace,
S i R

jagle

jagle

defo gonna have to support those girls, they will break as soon as any weight is put on by the size of those stems, but other then that, looking nice man

I

IndoSmokes

defo gonna have to support those girls, they will break as soon as any weight is put on by the size of those stems, but other then that, looking nice man

Thanx for the heads up. I will keep an eye on it and figure out a way. I had them in veg for two months and didn't keep them all the same height. My father in-law steered me in the direction I am currently in. I put the plants in 12/12 for 13 days and let them stretch out. I then took cuttings for clones at that point in hopes to get real good root zones. After the cuttings, I started to bend and tie down all the tallest stalks to make one level canopy. I think it turned out ok......

Today is day 15 and am going to change out the solutions in both containers. I am going to write down and track each nute and the ppm lvls, and put it on here tonight. Peace!

jagle

jagle

ya i dunno what to do to support them in your medium, can you get some chicken wire, hang it under the top of the canopy maybe, or wooden stalks and then tie plants to stalks

I

IndoSmokes

solution change

I just got done changing the solutions in both of my containers. I use 5gal of reverse osmosis water. Taking two 5gal water containers to the a machine at the store for a $1.25/gal works best for me.

Today was day 15. The nutes I have and am using according to the feeding chart for week 3; Micro,Grow,Bloom, Big Bud, B-52, Bud Factor X, Sensi, and Nirvana. I have had a lot or trial and error with these nutes. When first starting I did not know the recommended dose of 4ml:1L will scorch your plants. After meeting an Advanced Nutrients rep at the grow show I go to, I found out they actually recommend 2ml:1L.

I use 18.75L of water. To use 2ml:1L would put me at 37.5. To be safe I go for 35ml per nute I am using. I use a small 5ml syringe I picked up from Walgreen's. There is no info I have been able to find what nutes cause higher ppm, so I went ahead and took ppm readings after each nute was added. Here is the list....

1st reading 0 nutrients= 3ppm
35ml+Grow=298ppm
35ml+Bloom=495ppm
35ml+Micro=830ppm
35ml+Big Bud=925ppm
35ml+B-52=1020ppm
35ml+Bud Factor X=1060ppm
35ml+Nirvana=1130ppm
35ml+Sensi=1130ppm
PH=5.5/6.0

Here are couple more pics. I should have a decent amount of those sites come up there yeah? I am running my light at night right now from 6pm-6am so I do not combat the desert heat.

DSCN1412
DSCN1415
DSCN1423
I

IndoSmokes

A friend of mine talked to his grower just recently and he said that G-13 is the one plant most growers stay away from. Apparently it is one of the hardest to maintain and just grows awkward. I guess that explains it being so Lanky. Perfect first clone for me to get........I was always wondering why my bud sites were always stretched away from one another.

Can anyone else on here verify that or have exp with G-13 themselves?

Guess I will pick up some clones of a different strain and give something else a shot. The two small maui's I am growing are a one time thing.

I

IndoSmokes

more pics

Day 16, a lot of pistils comin' out. Raised Maui Wowie's closer up to light

DSCN1448
DSCN1438
DSCN1439
G

GirlCarny

Heres some pictures of the g-13 that came from the Doc. If you google Dr Gruber g-13 you will find a bunch of grow journals.

Orange 001 Medium
Orange 003 Medium
Orange 004 Medium
T

theTinker

Looking good man. Major stretchy and spotty but the buds are forming quickly enough so you will definitely have some fine smoke to be hand.

Watch out for supporting those stems.
You could wrap plastic green fenching around the whole thing, just in a oval or circle, and just cable tie it. High enough to match your canopy.

Sure you could probable even run asheet of it through the center of the girls and cable tie it to the exterior circle fencing. It wll help somewhat and be very cheap/quick/easy.

Dont see any def or burn on those girls. well done.

I

IndoSmokes

Heres some pictures of the g-13 that came from the Doc. If you google Dr Gruber g-13 you will find a bunch of grow journals.

After searching, unfortunately two things.....he and I do not have the same plant, and he does not have G-13. G-13 does and can not come from seed. It is clone only. I am not even going to say I am 100% I have G-13, but I did get mine from a clone bank out here. The whole idea of G-13 is it came as a cutting from a Government Lab.

Looking good man. Major stretchy and spotty but the buds are forming quickly enough so you will definitely have some fine smoke to be hand.

Watch out for supporting those stems.
You could wrap plastic green fenching around the whole thing, just in a oval or circle, and just cable tie it. High enough to match your canopy.

Sure you could probable even run asheet of it through the center of the girls and cable tie it to the exterior circle fencing. It wll help somewhat and be very cheap/quick/easy.

Dont see any def or burn on those girls. well done.

My main concern about this plant is how stretchy it is. Before these four plants I am showing you, I grew the original clone for 6-7 months before I could buy the right set up. But by the time I flowered it it was too large and I did not know what I was doing and I killed it.

Anyway.....that is just the way this strain grows. One bud site, one side not on both sides like most you see (on my maui's even),and well it just stretches out. These plants I cloned myself and had the light very close trying to not stretch them out (didn't work). With these wild characteristics, I think I might have a genuine G-13 from what I have heard about being so hard to maintain. Thank goodness I can stay home and care for them.

As for supporting the stems, I appreciate the suggestions. On the lids of the tubs I have drilled holes to where I have the strings attached atm. I can def run with your idea and secure it using the holes I pre-drilled.

And the nutes have taken A LOT, and I mean A LOT of work on my part. I do my best to keep an eye out for burns. Thx for the eye on that! I will put more pics up in a couple of few days. Light just came on and not a whole lot of difference today.

S

StrikeitRich

Those babies look healthy bro great job.

Same with the other strain.

Yeah, thats the cool thing bout medical MJ is u can have so many different varieties. If u dont like it and its not what u find wanting out of ur grow experience than id say switch her up, but she does look very healthy.

I do notice that when i clone a clone and then clone it again the bud sites are getting stretched so much that u eventually will have that. Even with growing from seed u can get that with very large bushes id assume.

Peace,
S i R

I

IndoSmokes

Thank you Rich. I am planning to start two new strains after this grow. I am going to do 4ea of 3 strains. Two strong indica's and one OG. Indica's help relax my muscle spasms, and calm my nerves. The strong OG's help more with my pain actually. I tend to grind two together, so I will like to have a variety.

I am thinking of adding something like God Bud or Pure Kush. And for the OG probably Platinum or Fire. Once my current cuttings show roots, I will get some.

I

IndoSmokes

I have a problem people. Have bugs on my fucking root mass'. Dont have a pic atm but I think they are gnats. I have had some very small flying bugs I noticed a couple days ago. Well after checking my water I saw them crawling on the roots.

Please need help how to get rid of them. Could I spray organic only killer on the roots? I am freaking out.....

I

IndoSmokes

disregard. my father in law helped out already. damn root aphids somehow! spraying hydrogen peroxide is the fix. Killed them instantly. Now just need to rinse out the resivoir. SUCK!

I

IndoSmokes

After the fun I had last night with bugs on my roots, I had to go pick up a couple more air stones from my grow shop. While there I discussed everything going on with them. In regards to supporting my stems and branches, they gave me a free thing of Rhino Skin to add to my nutes. I am still going to build up a support for my plants but it will be nice to see how that stuff works.

I took this pic this morning while the lights were off. Day 20 of flowering and doing just fine after completely rinsing out each individual root mass. Also a pic of my cuttings starting to root at day 11 today. A simple thing I made with 4 air stones on the bottom. Used filtered water and Voodoo Juice.

DSCN1484
DSCN1482
Top Bottom