Second grow attempt!

• Thread starter IndoSmokes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

IndoSmokes

new pics/update

Day 22 of flowering. How they look? And about when will the buds pick up where I can see a big change? I have completely flushed my systems and take care of the bug problem, thank God. I check it every day finding a few stragglers here and there. I have stopped using the Nirvana nute. It stinks like shit literally, and I have a feeling thats when the problem started.

My clones are good and put a pic on here too. Had to only toss two of them. Today I stopped by progressive options clone bank and got Louis 13, Master Kush, and XXX OG. I will be vegging and flowering those with my G-13's next after my current grow. No pics of those just yet.

Also to the pm's I recieved....I still can not reply. Sorry.

DSCN1489
DSCN1488
DSCN1492
DSCN1486
G

GirlCarny

Your right the clones look great everything else is looking good also.

Edit: What do you have the clones sitting in, Rock wool?

I

IndoSmokes

Yup rockwool grow plugs. I use rockwool cubes as my medium also. I really like how the roots can grow thru it, not around like hydroton.

edit: I am very stoked on the clones mainly cuz I took them at week two of flowering. Not supposed to do but have read it can help to give you good roots. Well I think it worked! And the actual stems are good also, forgot a pic of the tops

I

IndoSmokes

Things are good. Been feeling like crap and just back in town after a couple days. I am looking for my camera and can not find it now. The G-13's are good, wish they were a little bigger flowering. Maui's are nice and my veg cabinet is set up and going well. I will get pics of everything up tonight.

I

IndoSmokes

Ok well here are some pictures. I just got back after being gone for two days. I put up plastic fencing around the g13. When I did that all the pistils turned color and died off. New pistils are now coming out and starting to look better. I am at 30 days flowering and the leaves are now starting to discolor. I have not pruned anything off just yet. I am hoping to see a bit more growth of the flowers, I should see a bit more yeah? (My arm is visible for perspective, I don't care)

This damn plant is so uneven and all over the place. The maui wowie's are small but look real good. I am happy with them. I wish the g13 were structured more like that. I will have it down better next time and as I get more under my belt.

For my next grow I am doing something different. I will be growing 2ea of g13, god bud, pure kush, larry13, and master kush. Going to see what grows better for me, and what works better as med for me. Some pics of this set up also.

Hope you enjoy and I always appreciate any input. Much love :banana1sv6:

DSCN1514
DSCN1513
G

GirlCarny

Hi Indo I wish I had more experience than I do, (on my 4th grow) maybe someone with more experience will chime in. On one of your posts you said you noticed some stragglers in the roots. That would be the first thing I would check, make sure the root aphids are gone. Also you may want to read through this post.

Not sure why the pistils turned color and died off. The only time I had that happen was when I had a female turn on me and wound up seeding most of the tent. Not saying that is what happened to you. Anyway, Yes the buds will continue to grow in size for the next couple of weeks.

For my next grow I am doing something different. I will be growing 2ea of g13, god bud, pure kush, larry13, and master kush. Going to see what grows better for me, and what works better as med for me. Some pics of this set up also.

I dont do hydro, my experience is in coco and straight perlite. I did a multi strain grow and had a hard time keeping up with each strains needs and desires. 1 needed more cal/mag, 1 would burn if I fed it the same thing I fed the others. etc etc. I would imagine that problem would be compounded in hydro using a single reservoir. Do you keep track of your reservoir temps?

The people that kindly throw advice in my direction, stress the KISS method when starting out. a couple of 3 gal pots, some dirt (fox farm or black gold) or pro mix. and a simple 1 or 2 part fertilizer without all the additives, other than some cal/mag if your using ro water. Learn what the plant needs when it needs it. Then you can start to add additives to it. If you are going to run multiple strains, maybe try one or two in a simple dirt grow. Heres my grow Im 10 days or so behind you, if you want to compare. Congrats on getting half way through your first grow, especially in hydroponics. I would have killed them all by now if it was me.
GC

I

IndoSmokes

Well the G13 I was growing is a bust. My second attempt with this, and I am officially done with that strain. Too much of a PITA on every level you can imagine. I am just about at week 5 and all four gave out. Two first, then the other two today. So I just harvested them and I will at least have a little smokeable bud.

I at least know the problems haven't me for the second time in a row because my other plants are doing just fine. Here are some nice pics of the maui wowie's. Tomorrow I am picking up my god bud and pure kush. They will definitely help me get a decent grow finally after the BS I have gone thru. I will put that stuff up here too even tho most ppl on here are not welcoming I will try.

DSCN1522
DSCN1523
DSCN1519
DSCN1526

Latest posts

Top Bottom