Second grow ever RDWC system

• Thread starter Buzzking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzking

Buzzking

Man I miss deer sausage and jerky.

You got some giant atypicals over there in IL. I've hunted a few of the Mississippi islands, great genetics in that whole valley.
Yeah there are some monsters over here for sure. Have 32 lbs of jerky coming soon. I’ll save you some maybe we can trade for some clones on my next run

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Yeah there are some monsters over here for sure. Have 32 lbs of jerky coming soon. I’ll save you some maybe we can trade for some clones on my next run
Buddy I appreciate that but the Dr (she who must be obeyed) told me no more nitrates. No more red meat. No more enjoying eating for the most part.

I’ll still share clones with you of anything I have going at the time. Yesterday I started Han Solo Death Cookies and gzittles from OldSog. Got a bunch of dragons flame genetics coming up for the fog system next. @Moshmen is sharing GMO with me in the next cycle. So I’ll have a few plants to pick from.

Buzzking

Buzzking

Water changed today and major defoliation although it might be hard to tell. Stuck with same amounts of GH trio as last week just bumped up the flora bloom a bit.

Before haircut…
718989DF 6BD8 4377 A575 377868E0640D

5B66B2DB 477A 4C12 8E1C 2D1FD96E216B
A98F4A96 3637 4B46 BA1B 9EC271815F1A

Roots…
4493A5A4 695C 446B B49A 6C8A0EEFBA8F
5C37C893 5D7B 4FD2 82A3 788C07AC5CC4

After defoliation
F4738FD2 B542 4DA7 9A31 9A853CA59D4E
5506D310 FD24 4528 834D C2BD117F7DEA
B4BB6D01 2C9D 48AB 98C3 A8804702D597
6B7C67BA 0D2E 4848 8962 F8FD4A881B76

Buzzking

Buzzking

Sunday funday here time for a water change. All and all things are still progressing nicely and in my humble opinion fairly healthy. Starting to see bud formation with a few wisps of white hairs and center kolas starting to stretch out a bit. Been trying to keep up on defoliation and they don’t seem fazed a bit. Probably wait a day or two and hit the lowers again just to keep air flow. Last grow had a bit too much larf on the lower plants so wanted to lollipop a bit more on this grow.
867873B9 FCE1 4783 884F 973A65E2E525
EF1DA1ED 0B97 4125 B21B 1120EEEDC4A2
C794DD46 ACF5 4C08 BBEF E4052B6897CC
905F9156 A146 40FF BCE3 37E67527D959

08316CBA 5576 4F86 88C8 3748B9CAAA54

Been a while since I updated temp and humidity so here’s a snapshot of that. Usually get to about 80f during the day and around 68 at night. Humidity has been fairly steady in the upper 50 to low 60% RH
232A23C9 F438 4CC3 84CE 4E0B681E0339

Thanks in advance for any input or advice, all is greatly appreciated!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sunday funday here time for a water change. All and all things are still progressing nicely and in my humble opinion fairly healthy. Starting to see bud formation with a few wisps of white hairs and center kolas starting to stretch out a bit. Been trying to keep up on defoliation and they don’t seem fazed a bit. Probably wait a day or two and hit the lowers again just to keep air flow. Last grow had a bit too much larf on the lower plants so wanted to lollipop a bit more on this grow.View attachment 1332755View attachment 1332756View attachment 1332760View attachment 1332757
View attachment 1332758
View attachment 1332763
Been a while since I updated temp and humidity so here’s a snapshot of that. Usually get to about 80f during the day and around 68 at night. Humidity has been fairly steady in the upper 50 to low 60% RH
View attachment 1332767
Thanks in advance for any input or advice, all is greatly appreciated!
Looking very healthy in there

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Dude outstanding recovery.

I have only nitpicks for you. Take them for what you paid for them.

Light leak in roots = bad. Come thru the side with those pipes. You don't even need a bulkhead just drill the holes tite and at the top.

Are you seeing any results from the Exhale bag you can quantify? If so I'll make you a dozen you can come pick them up. In my setup I measured accurately in a sealed room with probes and found them to be a gimmick. It's just mycelium in there don't overpay!

Pics and vid are during water change right? And the water level when full is to the bottom of the netpot? How much are they drinking a day?

I would be really happy with this grow. You are kicking the shit out of my last one lol.

Buzzking

Buzzking

Light leak in roots = bad. Come thru the side with those pipes. You don't even need a bulkhead just drill the holes tite and at the top.
Yeah that’s always a worry of mine. I’m not sure I know where you think the light is getting in, from the outside? Can you explain what you mean by the light comes in through the side of the pipe? Which pipe and how can I correct? Sorry sometime I need a picture parities for me to understand things if my brains not clicking right. Maybe I need to stick to Sativa durning the day 😝
Are you seeing any results from the Exhale bag you can quantify? If so I'll make you a dozen you can come pick them up. In my setup I measured accurately in a sealed room with probes and found them to be a gimmick. It's just mycelium in there don't overpay!
Yeah that was a hey why not move. I can’t afford to put a CO2 system in so figured even if I got a little extra why not. Would have no way of knowing if there is any increase in yield.
ics and vid are during water change right? And the water level when full is to the bottom of the netpot? How much are they drinking a day?
Yes during water change the water level during normal operation sits right at the bottom of the net pots. Currently going through about a gallon to 1.25 gallons a day.

Last edited:
Buzzking

Buzzking

I would be really happy with this grow. You are kicking the shit out of my last one lol.
Thanks! I read your thread that ended with the russet mites, that’s a bummer. So far no pests here keeping fingers crossed things keep rolling without any hiccups 🤞

Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Yeah that’s always a worry of mine. I’m not sure I know where you think the light is getting in, from the outside? Can you explain what you mean by the light comes in through the side of the pipe? Which pipe and how can I correct? Sorry sometime I need a picture parities for me to understand things if my brains not clicking right. Maybe I need to stick to Sativa durning the day 😝

Yeah that was a hey why not move. I can’t afford to put a CO2 system in so figured even if I got a little extra why not. Would have no way of knowing if there is any increase in yield.

Yes during water change the water level during normal operation sits right at the bottom of the net pots. Currently going through about a gallon to 1.25 gallons a day.
I’ll bet what I am seeing is your empty pump coming out the top. Never mind. You are good.

Buzzking

Buzzking

While I wasn’t up drinking coffee before the crack of dawn like some of our friends here on the Farm I did get some work done in the garden. Week 3 of flower in the books and things are going well. Added a dehumidifier to the lung room as RH was creeping up to around 65% at times during lights on so thought best to keep under 60 if possible.
E3562555 207A 4D8C BB37 CD5A34B5A4D4

DA750D7A D397 4F0B B5B3 3F79ACC7C302
2CE71839 0CD5 40A2 941A E0C92311D49B

C6D12200 995D 464C AC79 3F07FD53A898
027E52AE 3EEA 4707 91AE 4D4196113533
DABA22F9 3343 4955 A2F0 5F2D4D4AB036
793EDD1F 1BF5 4050 BBB3 606B493C2266

After water change…water temp 69, EC 1.2 following GH 3 part flora, light feed, weekly grow chart with recommended volumes cut in half. Although they say I should be at 1.4 EC I at those rates I end up at 1.2 EC. Curious what others run at during this stage of flower using RDWC 🤔. Keeping PH between 5.5 and 6.0 sitting at 5.9 right now
475BADA5 9134 4577 A6E5 5FC091F47B30
54BCB6F3 4B85 4D9F 97F4 60657DB511E1

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Looking killer in there bro!

One thing I did notice and perhaps its nothing. Plant in the front on the right, the flowers look to me a bit deformed? Like the small sugar leaves are a bit weird....maybe a bit discolored as well? I first noticed in the photo, and then at :27 in your video, you see the same plant, a bit better look. Other than that, she looks fantastic so maybe it's nothing at all or a strain characteristic.

Saying this as much for my benefit as yours, hope it's nothing. I'm still learning to read the plants and would be curious if Aqua, Moe, or smokedareefer noticed any of what I am seeing or not.

Buzzking

Buzzking

One thing I did notice and perhaps its nothing. Plant in the front on the right, the flowers look to me a bit deformed? Like the small sugar leaves are a bit weird....maybe a bit discolored as well? I first noticed in the photo, and then at :27 in your video, you see the same plant, a bit better look. Other than that, she looks fantastic so maybe it's nothing at all or a strain characteristic.

Saying this as much for my benefit as yours, hope it's nothing. I'm still learning to read the plants and would be curious if Aqua, Moe, or smokedareefer noticed any of what I am seeing or not.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing but thought maybe it was just the strain. The two on the right are Wedding Cake the ones on the left Grandpas Cookies. Haven’t grown either strain before so not sure what the buds typically look like but the Wedding Cake does look odd, unlike what I have seen in the past

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Different flower structure and color on the wedding. If i was looking for a something to be "wrong " id guess lacking potassium (leaf tips) also on the wedding.

Edit: on my current grow i was at .6 ec on day 21 of flower

Buzzking

Buzzking

My buddy says good chance it’s broad mites. Anyone have experience with those? Why would the Wedding Cake show signs of it but the Grandpas Cookies on the left look fairly normal?

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

My buddy says good chance it’s broad mites. Anyone have experience with those? Why would the Wedding Cake show signs of it but the Grandpas Cookies on the left look fairly normal?

Do you have anything that you can scope the plant with? Pull some of that new growth off and get a close look. The mites are small.

I am hoping your buddy is wrong.

You need to get an up close and personal look to identify yea or nay before doing anything.

Edit- If you do end up identifying pests, this article might be helpful.

Last edited:
Buzzking

Buzzking

Do you have anything that you can scope the plant with? Pull some of that new growth off and get a close look. The mites are small.

I am hoping your buddy is wrong.

You need to get an up close and personal look to identify yea or nay before doing anything.
No unfortunately only have a 30x loop will do some research on available options for possible upgrade. Definitely don’t want to pull them if that’s not it but rather be safe than sorry

Buzzking

Buzzking

Anyone know what magnification level you need to see mites? @Moe.Red I know you just dealt with a similar problem, any thoughts?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Hey Buzz, I'm sorry I'm a bit out of it at the moment. My very elderly father went back into the hospital for the 2nd time in a little over a week. I'm not in a position to help with photos or anything.

I would think 100X would be the minimum you would need, and I was using 1000X for identification.

I have not done any research on broad mites, but the guy who gave you the clones probably knows what's up. I treated with sulfur, smite, and lost coast plant therapy. So far my new seedlings seem fine, but I haven't looked at them in since Saturday. 😔

Buzzking

Buzzking

Hey Buzz, I'm sorry I'm a bit out of it at the moment. My very elderly father went back into the hospital for the 2nd time in a little over a week. I'm not in a position to help with photos or anything.

I would think 100X would be the minimum you would need, and I was using 1000X for identification.

I have not done any research on broad mites, but the guy who gave you the clones probably knows what's up. I treated with sulfur, smite, and lost coast plant therapy. So far my new seedlings seem fine, but I haven't looked at them in since Saturday. 😔
Sorry to hear that and hope your father has a speedy recovery. Thanks as always for taking the time to reply

Latest posts

Top Bottom