Second Outdoor Grow

• Thread starter GoldNBoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

So far, I have started a few regular seeds, under fluorescent lights and a southern window. Several cloudy days & a lack of room has stretched them all.
But this is what I'm running with: 3 Mother of Thor, (an older strain that I don't know the genetics of.) 1 late & small, 1 long lanky and 1 male, (also long & lanky).
1 Gordon Lightfoot Kush, (again unknown), branching out nicely.
3 Kona Koda x Chem 46, (we'll call Kona Chem.) 2 came up in the same pot, and are good sized & starting to bush out. The third is long & lanky.
1 Mendelberry, (Apollo 13 x [Bubba kush x Pakistani]). It is decent sized, and female.
Last, but not least, is a GG4 cut from last year.
Pics will hopefully follow soon.

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

I have moved the plants out to my garage. I added two 90 watt halogens, and a fan. Plants are set outside, when weather permits.
The fan & fluorescents were run with an extension cord. It came unplugged and burnt a few leaves.
I also moved a Kona Chem into the ground. I dug a 4' hole, and fortified my dirt, (alkali clay), with a few things: horse & goat manure, red sand, coffee grounds, egg shells, diatemaceous earth, cottonwood & elm ashes, and sulfur.

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

The Kona Chem in the ground doesn't look so good. In my second hole I found lots of cutworms. So, I'm holding off on planting in ground, until I can get something to kill them.
I need to up pot several plants, but if I can get them in the ground I'll feel better.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
The Kona Chem in the ground doesn't look so good. In my second hole I found lots of cutworms. So, I'm holding off on planting in ground, until I can get something to kill them.
I need to up pot several plants, but if I can get them in the ground I'll feel better.
You need these, you will need to reapply a few times mid season to get the new pests but you will be amazed how happy your plants are with no pests.
http://www.arbico-organics.com/prod...es-triple-threat-combo/pest-solver-guide-ants

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

After reading up on it, they are grubs, not cutworms. The diatomaceous earth in my mix should take care of them.
You need these, you will need to reapply a few times mid season to get the new pests but you will be amazed how happy your plants are with no pests.
http://www.arbico-organics.com/prod...es-triple-threat-combo/pest-solver-guide-ants
I'm looking into these, as well. Doc, you know I'm striving for good clean buds.
I up potted the mendelberry & Gordon Lightfoot kush. They were on the verge of being root bound, in the one gallon pots.

Foxlink

Foxlink

After reading up on it, they are grubs, not cutworms. The diatomaceous earth in my mix should take care of them.

I'm looking into these, as well. Doc, you know I'm striving for good clean buds.
I up potted the mendelberry & Gordon Lightfoot kush. They were on the verge of being root bound, in the one gallon pots.

Good to see you growing again :) Yeah, at least they are just grubs, my wife says 'fish bait!' lol ;)

-Fox

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

My LED shop light quit me last night. I found it on a close out rack, for $20. It has only been up since October, and wasn't used much this winter. I had set it up, recently, to add to my plant lights.
Plants are getting 8-10 hours of direct sunlight. They are under lights for the remainder of their 18/6. I'm was wanting to use the halogens less. I'm pretty sure they aren't necessary, but they seem to like it. I was hoping I could use the shop light in their place, but not now.

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

Set your lites on 16/8 man. At our lat is perfect to coincide with a june 1 putout.
Noted, sir. Thanks for the heads up!
You've been more than kind, my friend. I owe you big, and won't soon forget. I should have been there to help with this season's prep, as not much was accomplished here. You should feel free to to hit me up, any time you need help.
I may be laid up for a bit, my legs are swelling. The wife won't let this go on much longer. I'm headed for the hospital pretty soon, like it or not. Dialysis or surgery, neither sounds good, but I may luck out & get both.

M

mendel

No need to thank me bro, happy to do it. Your welcome down anytime, heck come down before you go in, well have a party. I think weve squared away here, but your more than welcome just for fun.

If you have to go in and need anything lemme know. I can show up with some fellers and we can square your garden away if your not able when the time comes to do putout. Wed want you to supervise of course.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Ive been wanting to try some of these led grow strips, they cost almost nothing to run, maybe you could test them out and give me a report?
They cost a little of nothing but they would take a month or so to arrive as it would come from overseas...

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

I would recommend shortening the light cycle slowly by 30 minutes at a time over the next few months.
I'll have them in the ground, by may 15th, probably sooner. The kc I put in is still complaining, but surviving. The MOT in the lick tub is doing well in sandy soils. They're all needing cal/mag adjustments, and my pH is high.
I still can't find my camera. I apologize for the lack of visual updates.
The rest of the garden is coming along, as well. Pickling cucumbers, bell peppers, watermelon, cantaloupe, green beans, pumpkins, sunflowers, etc. are planned, with several trays already started.

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

After seeing the volunteers survive snow, freezing temps & 60 mph winds, I decided to put a good seed in the ground, to see if it would do the same. I chose mendelberry. Prepped the ground, and dropped it in. It took a while longer than I expected. I had pretty much given up, but yesterday it emerged.
Nature always seems to do it better.

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

I set plants outside yesterday, as usual. I headed out to work on a friend's grow. We had smoked fish & beer. We didn't get much done, but we ate well & enjoyed ourselves. The wind came up, and gusted off and on all day. All I could think about was my plants being whipped around in the wind. When I got home, I headed straight out to check on them. I was surprised to see no damage.

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

Well, our first hail of the year. Mostly pea sized, but over an inch of it. It came down pretty hard. The Kona Chem in the ground took some damage. The MOT in the lick tub was too heavy to get inside. Yet, it looks to be okay, minus a leaf or two.
I need to finish my roof, asap.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I think the gsc you grew outdoors last year was some of the best bud Ive had out of the state.

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

Dont forget man, 3-4 years ago we had a freeze on may 27, it got down to 18. June 1 is my putout date, im not much of a gambler.
Wow, I didn't realize it was that late. Everyone said to plant seeds on 4\20, started plants may 15, and clones after June 1st, nothing later than June 21.
I think the gsc you grew outdoors last year was some of the best bud Ive had out of the state.
Thanks, Doc. I think I'm going to have to really work at it, to live up to last year's grow. I'd hate to have to chalk it up to beginner's luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom