Second RDWC run, (Viparspectra p1500)

• Thread starter Growrx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growrx

Growrx

Last time I had issues like this it was root rot, but I checked the roots and they are fine, what should I do? Up cal mag a little more?

Growrx

Growrx

Was looking into Epsom salts earlier today maybe to boost magnesium? Wasn’t sure which brand to go with. My current cal mag by botanicare is 3:1 I believe.

Growrx

Growrx

Haven’t stopped trying to diagnose this.. added full strength cal mag, and the problem is still there.. could it possibly be too much calcium?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

0 distilled.
How much does your ph change in 24 hrs?

Start with cal mag and add until you reach 125ppm. Then add grow until you hit 500ppm.

Happen to know the lux value your lighting is at?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Those bottom leaves are not deficiencies IMO. They are transpiration issue with that part of the leaf from laying on the lid.

Growrx

Growrx

How much does your ph change in 24 hrs?

Start with cal mag and add until you reach 125ppm. Then add grow until you hit 500ppm.

Happen to know the lux value your lighting is at?
I’m not sure, I have it currently at 100% 21” away
And it might swing .1 or .2 ppm dropped a bit, but I added back calmag and got it back to what the starting ppm was thinking it was deficiency.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m not sure, I have it currently at 100% 21” away
And it might swing .1 or .2 ppm dropped a bit, but I added back calmag and got it back to what the starting ppm was thinking it was deficiency.
Check ph 24 hrs apart at the same time of day then post. With little to no alkalinity you may have issues as the grow goes on.

Download light meter by my mobile tools dev and post the lux value at the top of the plant. Should be around 20k right now.

Do you happen to have ph up?

Growrx

Growrx

Check ph 24 hrs apart at the same time of day then post. With little to no alkalinity you may have issues as the grow goes on.

Download light meter by my mobile tools dev and post the lux value at the top of the plant. Should be around 20k right now.

I’ll check the lux when I get back home tonight. I do have ph up, I also started using silica, not sure how much to feed(Ppm wise) so I went real light dose.
Also going to pick up some Epsom salts tomorrow as you told me to before in another thread.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Use half the recommended dose of silica and add first. Let mix for 10 min then ph down to 6.5. Then add 100ppm of cal mag. Then 300-350ppm of grow. Then ph down to 5.6-5.8 add hydrogaurd and enzymes and done.

Important to mix silica first.

Growrx

Growrx

going to change water Sunday and post back mid week. Going to add epsom salt to my mix realized I’m running 4:1 cal/mag, you mentioned 1 gram per gallon? Is that about a tablespoon? Or should I weigh it out?

chemistry

chemistry

Drop the calmag for a while and wait until you see the plants need it, in 3.5 gallons of nuit mix, I only ever put in 2ml per month of calmag, and move your PH up to 6. I personally would use either hydrogaurd or sensizyme, but not both together. Plants look fine colour wise so they're picking up nuits.

Growrx

Growrx

Ran the app, it’s reading about 330 Lux? That can’t be right.

chemistry

chemistry

No cal mag in RO water?

The plants look over dosed by nitrogen, but not as green as they should if they were. To much calmag is as bad as not enough, the only way to find out is to drop it, and use it as needed. The other thing with calmag is it raises your ppm's at the cost of feeding more nuits to acheive the same, and this is why folk see so many defs with using to much calmag, and never work it out.

Top Bottom