Second RDWC run, (Viparspectra p1500)

• Thread starter Growrx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growrx

Growrx

The plants look over dosed by nitrogen, but not as green as they should if they were. To much calmag is as bad as not enough, the only way to find out is to drop it, and use it as needed. The other thing with calmag is it raises your ppm's at the cost of feeding more nuits to acheive the same, and this is why folk see so many defs with using to much calmag, and never work it out.
I really can’t see myself doing this.. I’ll lower the dosage to 2ml per gallon.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The plants look over dosed by nitrogen, but not as green as they should if they were. To much calmag is as bad as not enough, the only way to find out is to drop it, and use it as needed. The other thing with calmag is it raises your ppm's at the cost of feeding more nuits to acheive the same, and this is why folk see so many defs with using to much calmag, and never work it out.
I agree way over used but still want Ca and RO has none. I dont believe that PBP has adequate amounts for RO water. At 125ppm its like close to a half dose of most cal mag recommendations. I very much agree to much is not good but feel cal mag dosed at about 125ppm into RO is absolutely fine.

I understand the concern over nitrogen but it also specifically states by the manufacturer to use cal mag if using RO

Growrx

Growrx

Can you take a pic from the side of the plant right at lights on?

I'm betting those leaves are resting on your lid.
They do! They only perk up after the light has been on for a bit.
todays picture, what do you advise?
C325A339 3C38 475A B1A9 C60C2F4FBBFC

Growrx

Growrx

Remove the leaves that are resting on the lid. They will not transpire well and will not be healthy so get rid of em before they end up with an infection.
I’ll chop a few leaves off when the light comes on later, the water change tomorrow with first time using Epsom salts, thank you will post back 👍🏼

Growrx

Growrx

Lights off picture.. they don’t look good after the nutrient change.. or I’m hoping they are just sleeping 😅

E128B50D 6F27 4234 A6B8 5FE80AD052D8
Last edited:
Growrx

Growrx

I just diluted my reservoir solution down to 515 ppm by adding a little over half a gallon of 0 ppm water. It had me worried, we’ll see

Top Bottom