Second time growing

• Thread starter Icristal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Icristal

Icristal

Room size, closet 2'deep, 4'6" wide and 7'2" tall. Running 4 foot 4 bulb cfl for veg. and flower as last time, they have only had well water and FFOS, and 2 applications so far of SOS, they will be getting first nute's in flower, FF tiger bloom and Big Bloom, SOS and occasional cal/mag. if needed. All are in 3 gallon plastic pots. 6" fan to draw air out, 2 fans in closet to move air and mini fan blowing fresh air in from bottom. I dream of one day affording seed from someplace, but happy with what I am doing so far. The last bag seeds worked, so we will see. Still tons to learn and with each grow, we learn new and exciting things. Now if these 3 show as ladies, I will be ecstatic. They have started to really smell, loving this.

Here are the candidates for my second grow.

Here is a bag seed unknown strain, mainlined, pic 1 last night just tied down, pic 2 this morning reaching for the light.
Second time growing Second time growing 2
Pic 3 another form of mainline, prefer the other method, but we will see. Bag seed unknown strain.
Second time growing 3
Pic 4 my special lady (bag seed unknown strain), Pic 5 a close up of how her top was growing until I topped her. She has been aggressive since seed pop, had to slow her down until the others caught up, lol. I topped her finally and took a good clone. If she was in a room on her own to flower, I would never have topped her. I don't have much luck with clones, but hoping this one takes, looks okay so far. She is a thirsty girl, she takes a gallon and half every day of well water. Unlike the other 2, they only want water every other day, or they slouch. She is the one in the middle of the group.
Second time growing 4 Second time growing 5

I also have 4 others in 5 gallon buckets outdoors (bag seed unknown strain), they are loving the fresh air and warm sun, long ways to go with them. I will be sending the indoor ladies to flower in a week or so, I need to close up some light leaks in the room and then off they go. I will post updates when I flip, but could be a week or 2. Keeping busy between work, and a huge veggie garden that has started producing some wonderful stuff, man fresh garden peas are the best, hehehehe and of course my ladies.

Happy farming friends, peace and respect to all.

Icristal

Icristal

Hmmm Have to get outdoor plants braced for strong winds over next 2 days. Man weird weather on the east coast lately. Had 40 degrees the other night, lol

irishboiii

irishboiii

Nice job on the mainlining, quite an advanced technique for a second grow! Was going to mainline mine but it looks too complicated for me right now, Im just sticking to simple topping and LST lol.

Best of luck with your grow. Is that coco your growing in?

HouseOfWojo

HouseOfWojo

The main line looks awesome maam, great job. Don't get down on the bag seed either. Many times yes you can get better genetics in a post marked package than in a plastic bag. Yet, I remember a death star plant grown from bag seed that I would kill to have again! Keep us posted!

Icristal

Icristal

The main line looks awesome maam, great job. Don't get down on the bag seed either. Many times yes you can get better genetics in a post marked package than in a plastic bag. Yet, I remember a death star plant grown from bag seed that I would kill to have again! Keep us posted!
Thank you, I am loving the mainline method. I will post updated pictures later this weekend. The lady is beautiful, I would do this again. And yes, bag seeds can be real nice, shame you lost the one the Death Star, but hey, finding a comparable one is the ultimate hunt. I am loving the early smells as well. I will be flipping them this weekend.

:)

Icristal

Icristal

Nice job on the mainlining, quite an advanced technique for a second grow! Was going to mainline mine but it looks too complicated for me right now, Im just sticking to simple topping and LST lol.

Best of luck with your grow. Is that coco your growing in?

Thank you, It is easier than you think, you just have to be patience while doing each step. But well worth it, I read a link someone posted in a thread here and very detailed and easy to follow. I am a soil grower, Fox Farm Ocean, and well water right now, with a once a week dose of SOS, will add more when I flip to flower.

:)

Icristal

Icristal

Nice you come to the right place to learn. takes many years and the learning never ends but you are on the right track keep up the good work;)
Thank you, it is fun and exciting and rewarding. Learning so much from all of you here.

Icristal

Icristal

nice job on your second grow! nailing it...you're obviously a natural. jumping straight in the deep end and reaping the rewards. more newbs would do well to follow suit :)
Thanks, lol, it is fun following everyone's grows and stories. Oh and yes, I jump in right in once I was set-up. Now looking at house and asking where can I get bigger space, hehehehe

way2green

way2green

A lot of gems to be found in bag seeds. Looks like you are learning fast. I love Tiger Bloom. A lot of micronutrients that do great in soil. I always follow the next day with straight well water. It definitely helps to avoid burning the lil ladies

Icristal

Icristal

LOL at me couldn't wait to show updated pictures. This is before trimming and sending to flower this upcoming weekend.

Pic 1 and 2 , mainline, 8 colas, love this method.
1 2

Pic 3 and 4, other mainline, have to top the 2 center ones I think. Like other method better, but the end will tell.
3 4

Pic 5 and 6, my special lady, she is filling out very nice and have been tying her down somewhat. But love the way she grows, new growth a real light green, then darkens right up. Makes you look twice to see if there is something wrong, but it is one of the ladies traits. Love the stem on her, I have also notice she has quite a bit of purple in her stems.
6 7
More updates down the road, respect all.

Last edited:
Icristal

Icristal

A lot of gems to be found in bag seeds. Looks like you are learning fast. I love Tiger Bloom. A lot of micronutrients that do great in soil. I always follow the next day with straight well water. It definitely helps to avoid burning the lil ladies
Thanks, Yes I have those as well, used last on grow, and will add when flowering. Eventually I will go totally organic. I am developing a huge compost pile from my veg. garden, plus. So looking forward to trying teas down the road.

Top Bottom