Second time growing

• Thread starter Icristal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Prince Blanc

Prince Blanc

I am not sure what animal is doing this but, it has left us a present of a turkey carcass just near raspberry patch and last night left us a rabbits foot just off my deck, lol. It's getting braver. I am out in the country, so anythings possible lol. I do not have a cat and dog is in house.

Outside plants doing fine, loving the outdoor. Question, can u use Neem oil on outside plants? Or should u use something else. Outdoor grow is a whole other world, but a good learning one.

Not sure what animal that could be, really depends where you live!

You can use neem outdoors. Whether you find it effective or not is a different matter.

Icristal

Icristal

Not sure what animal that could be, really depends where you live!

You can use neem outdoors. Whether you find it effective or not is a different matter.
Thank you for your reply. Oh we have a host of wildlife, we think it is a fox. We got a picture of one hanging in the area on my game camera. And have seen it's footprints in my veg. garden, no damage there, just passing thru, as did the deer and turkey. They all loved trotting thru my veg garden this spring right after planting it. Haha, Found a way of saving my corn from the deer though, I have squash and pumpkin mixed in the corn rows and they hate the picky vines of them, so they leave alone.

As for neem oil, or something else, it will be soon. Found munch spots on a cpl leaves. Some bug chewing. I have also learned to make sure nothing is on me (bugs) when coming from veg garden, to outdoor plants, to indoor plants.

Icristal

Icristal

We have lift off for indoor plants. I have the replacement bulbs for my light and have solved my light leak issue. So the timer is set and 12/12 it is.

I did not get any pics yet, been very busy at work plus, Veg garden producing very early and my canning has started a month early, yummy bread and butter pickles will be first. And I am picking 4 to 6 quarts of raspberry's a day from three 15ft rows, banner year for them, yummmmmm. Oh the fruits of our labor, be it veg/fruits for food or flowers for pleasure and medication, it is worth every minute., lol

I will try to post pictures of the progress this weekend.

Icristal

Icristal

You have a game camera set up? What for?
We track where the deer are moving around our large property and also other wild life. Mostly for hunting, and just to see whats hanging around. Also if some of the wildlife all of a sudden slows down ( Turkeys, pheasant, etc.), we look for new or an increase of predators (wolves/wolf hybrids) in the area. Some of the videos of some animal are hilarious.

And since first grow outdoor, just want to see if they get visited during the night by any animals.

DismalDude

DismalDude

We track where the deer are moving around our large property and also other wild life. Mostly for hunting, and just to see whats hanging around. Also if some of the wildlife all of a sudden slows down ( Turkeys, pheasant, etc.), we look for new or an increase of predators (wolves/wolf hybrids) in the area. Some of the videos of some animal are hilarious.

And since first grow outdoor, just want to see if they get visited during the night by any animals.
Trail cams are freaking awesome! ;)

Prince Blanc

Prince Blanc

Very cool! Sounds like you live on a nice piece of land. How big's the property?

Icristal

Icristal

Please post some of that wildlife if you would.I posted some trail cam action on my journal as well.WE got bear,hogs,turkey so far.
I checked the cam today and only action so far is me checking the ladies, lol. I will post some as soon as I get animal action. I planted onions in the area to deter the animals, if this works might not see much. Might work, we will see.

I will look for last falls pictures and post if I can. I have use of the cam for a month, then it is off into the woods further to see where the deer are moving to plan for hunting season. We watch them for at least a month before and thru hunting season.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

I checked the cam today and only action so far is me checking the ladies, lol. I will post some as soon as I get animal action. I planted onions in the area to deter the animals, if this works might not see much. Might work, we will see.

I will look for last falls pictures and post if I can. I have use of the cam for a month, then it is off into the woods further to see where the deer are moving to plan for hunting season. We watch them for at least a month before and thru hunting season.

Sounds like what you have is the common chupacabra.

Did u say u already put up a fence and your plants are still being munched on?

psilobuds

psilobuds

can't imagine havin all those different animals around the place. i get roos, goats and rabbits. there r pigs too, but u never see them.

Icristal

Icristal

Sounds like what you have is the common chupacabra.

Did u say u already put up a fence and your plants are still being munched on?

No nothing has started munching yet. First time growing outdoors, so I was inquiring what would munch and what to do to avoid it. I have the fence now and will install this weekend when I have more time. But have the cam to see if animals are visiting and read planting onions and marigolds and a few other plants deter deer, etc. and are good companion plants.

I guess I should use the knowledge I have for my veg garden as well. I have always companion planted and used flowers and such to deter animal and bugs. Having a ah ha duh moment.
What is chupacabra?

Icristal

Icristal

can't imagine havin all those different animals around the place. i get roos, goats and rabbits. there r pigs too, but u never see them.

We have deer, moose, rabbit, fox, coyote/wolf hybrids, bear, turkey, red and grey squirrels, and other rodents, hawks, owls, eagles, just a host of wild life. And one ugly looking bird I saw up close once and that was enough, a turkey vulture, cringe now thinking about it, lol, some ugly. Hahah no roos or pigs though.

Icristal

Icristal

lol @ chupacabra
it's a mythical animal icristal. :p
hehe thanks, hey who know, ghost from yrs past, property first built on and my house in 1812. Maybe the old farmers in the past grew and are investigating and saying its about time someone brought this back hahahaha

Icristal

Icristal

hehe thanks, hey who know, ghost from yrs past, property first built on and my house in 1812. Maybe the old farmers in the past grew and are investigating and saying its about time someone brought this back hahahaha
they sure knew how to make home brew, so anything is possible back then,lol

Icristal

Icristal

Update on the indoor ladies, not quite a week into flowering. They have just started nutrients after having only water in veg. They seem to be enjoying it, but still need to adjust a little for one plant, the other two like everything so far.

Picture #1 unknown strain, main-lined, 8 colas.
20140727 203859 20140727 203929
Picture #2 unknown strain, main-lined, looks like 10 colas.
20140727 203949 20140727 204004
Picture #3, unknown strain, my special lady, tough plant, insane stalk, purple stems, only topped once, very needy plant, interesting working with her.
20140727 204032 20140727 204057
Picture #4, outdoor ladies, all doing fine, liking the outdoors.
20140720 140831 since this picture they have grown a foot over the cages.
Looking left to right, the second one in from the left is very different from the other 3, the other 3 have your typical progression to 7 fingers on the fan leaves and look and growing the same. The second one from the left has up to 9 fingers on the fan leaves shown in the next picture, haven't dialed her in yet. All outdoor plants no nutrients yet, just well water and also a few rain storms.
20140726 112311
More updates in a cpl weeks, indoor plants appear to all be ladies so far.

Top Bottom