See video - Silver haze - need help please!

• Thread starter LiveandLearn502
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LiveandLearn502

LiveandLearn502

So I got a silver haze auto flower going. Here are some known facts.

• Didn't start ph'ing my water until about 3 weeks into veg.
  • It's growing in ffof soil (fox farm ocean forest soil).
  • Not sure how many weeks of flowering its in.
  • Been feeding it about 13-15ml of fox farm big bloom, 3ml of fox farm fertilizer and 3-5ml of cal-mag per gallon.
  • Feeding schedule runs feed-water-water-feed. Sometimes feed-water-feed
  • Water ph'd to 6.5-.8
  • Runoff of soil is in the 5.70-5.80 range. And the ppm is about 1500.
  • Temp and RH averages are - 75-80 degrees F and 50-65% RH
As always I appreciate any advice and criticism as this is just a learning process for me. Everything is welcomed. Need any more info just let me know and I'll get back asap.

See video   silver haze   need help please
See video   silver haze   need help please 2
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
looks good, i’d say maybe around 5/6 weeks into flowering, probably 3-4 more weeks to go.
the yellowing looks like it is slowly affecting the plant which means it’s probably receiveing less nitrogen from your nutes and the plant is taking it away from the fan leaves, pretty much normal, just watch daily and see how fast the yellowing is happening, if there’s a concern post another reply.
the leaves in really bad condition (75% yellow brown) take them off and the ones laying on soil that have fallen off, throw away in garbage,
keep it clean!

LiveandLearn502

LiveandLearn502

looks good, i’d say maybe around 5/6 weeks into flowering, probably 3-4 more weeks to go.
the yellowing looks like it is slowly affecting the plant which means it’s probably receiveing less nitrogen from your nutes and the plant is taking it away from the fan leaves, pretty much normal, just watch daily and see how fast the yellowing is happening, if there’s a concern post another reply.
the leaves in really bad condition (75% yellow brown) take them off and the ones laying on soil that have fallen off, throw away in garbage,
keep it clean!
Aye really appreciate the reply and advice. So you think i should feed it more fert along with flower from FF trio line? Is it okay of i go ahead and start pulling the yellow leaves off now? And if its not too much could you take a look at this plant: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/new-deficiencies-shown-northern-lights.111377/

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Aye really appreciate the reply and advice. So you think i should feed it more fert along with flower from FF trio line? Is it okay of i go ahead and start pulling the yellow leaves off now? And if its not too much could you take a look at this plant: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/new-deficiencies-shown-northern-lights.111377/
ok well feeding/ doing what you do is a judgement call,
do the nutes your giving now very low in nitrogen? or others?
if you don’t know, post pics of the nutes info.
i’m sorry if you posted this info already? i’ve been kinda busy, though i’ll be here in an hour or so for longer time.
yes you can pick some of the Bad! leaves, remember the plant needs as many as possible. i don’t know ff nutes.
what are you giving now?
i’ll look at the other one on a bit..
also you should always wait for different replies, than go from there.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So I got a silver haze auto flower going. Here are some known facts.

• Didn't start ph'ing my water until about 3 weeks into veg.
  • It's growing in ffof soil (fox farm ocean forest soil).
  • Not sure how many weeks of flowering its in.
  • Been feeding it about 13-15ml of fox farm big bloom, 3ml of fox farm fertilizer and 3-5ml of cal-mag per gallon.
  • Feeding schedule runs feed-water-water-feed. Sometimes feed-water-feed
  • Water ph'd to 6.5-.8
  • Runoff of soil is in the 5.70-5.80 range. And the ppm is about 1500.
  • Temp and RH averages are - 75-80 degrees F and 50-65% RH
As always I appreciate any advice and criticism as this is just a learning process for me. Everything is welcomed. Need any more info just let me know and I'll get back asap.

High ppm but light green leafs means you're starting to get some lockout

Runoff PPM is too high, pH is too low; Flush to get the PPM down to 1000 and bring the soil PH Up Above 6.0 with dolomite, feed less PPM, use 800-1000 range every other or every third watering

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The plants look great! I wouldn't feed them any more if you are still getting high PPMs out of the outflow... there is probably stall a LOT of nutrients in there. Phosphorus is one of the main ingredients in bloom boosters and siimilar products, but too much phosphorus can impede the absorption of Magnesium, Potassium, and calcium to some degree. This is often the mechanism by which the well known term "Lock Out" originates and why you often see it in later flowering. Phosphorus is difficult to remove from the soil, unlike nitrogen and potassium. Flushing often doesn't help too much and can deplete the nutrients that are needed, if done too often.
I try to avoid situations that add too much phosphorus, such as going easy on multiple bud boosters. If you are using FF Ocean, you probably still have a lot of stuff left in it. The items that are leached out most easily are nitrogen and to a lesser degree, Potassium. I feed a balanced 20-20-20 mix during vegging, and a std flowering formula for flowering (not sure of the ratio). During the last few weeks of flowering I might add a bloom booster, although I don't, but don't use it too early or often or it can cause the lockouts I've described. There is a great article about excess phosphorus and high calcium levels... two of the main things growers are being told to pour onto their plants, and the problems/lockouts that can develop.
Your plants look very nice. My recommendation would be to feed them very sparingly making sure they get a little nitrogen (not too much!) and to cut back on the other nutes until the end of flowering probably a few more weeks. They are getting big but they need to fill in more and fatten up. They look great now but after they dry they will be much smaller... let them finish flowering for the best taste and effect. Don't go by just the trichome coloring... let the plant tell you when it has had enough!

Top Bottom