Seed companies in Colorado are Fucked!

• Thread starter coloradochem
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
eyecandi

eyecandi

what Alti said. NH is legit and the genetics he has and will bring were acquired far and wide, and not by mail order, lol.

west coast has their breeding scene going on, no reason the fire genetics in Colorado shouldn't be shared with the world as well. Go Colorado!

Dorje

Dorje

abiding by plant counts and producing seeds .... not sure the relationship there, it doesn't take much to produce a lot of seed.

Exactly. Those who have made seeds understand that a single plant can produce thousands of seeds. It doesn't take a lot of plants, and when I do it I just pollinate a couple branches from one plant.

Now having a breeding program with thousands of plants to select from to produce stable IBLs like they used to do in Holland... that's out of the question, but producing decent f1s is certainly possible.

Dorje

Dorje

and that quote is exactly what is wrong with the seed business period. I come from a time where "breeders" bred seeds, grew a couple hundred seedlings THEN SOLD SEEDS IF THE PLANTS WERE WORTH A SHIT. Sure there were pollen chunkers but those seeds went out as freebies, not sold for $300 a pack....lmfao. The seed business is a freaking joke anymore.

Yes, it is virtually impossible to produce a stable IBL line that is worth a crap these days, but eyecandi is correct that it doesn't take much to produce decent F1s or S1s that many of us would be happy with. eyecandi has the evidence too...

ttystikk

ttystikk

Yes, it is virtually impossible to produce a stable IBL line that is worth a crap these days, but eyecandi is correct that it doesn't take much to produce decent F1s or S1s that many of us would be happy with. eyecandi has the evidence too...

This is true... as far as it goes. What the laws have done is limit the breeders to the point where they really can't provide anything an amateur pollen chucker can... and in my book, that's not worth plunking down coin for.

If I'm going to pay top dollar for genetics, a big part of what I'm buying is stability- without that, I'll just stick with the cuts I know and love.

eyecandi

eyecandi

well, if you have 2000+ patients, it makes it easier to run a few hundred testers at a time ;)

Congrats to New House for the Cannabis Cup 2012 Sativa Cup WIN with Red Headed Stranger! told ya to watch out for em ;) Colorado is killing it. RD at the Amsterdam Cup as well. 303 Seeds is next!

BudPatch

BudPatch

Get some New House, and pop it quick. Been smoking TR's work now for several years and it is nothing but fire. The Hanis is absolutely outstanding, one of the finest examples of Afghani hybrids out there.

Red Headed Stranger won 2nd in the Sativa category at the Denver Cup...that should be enough to get the ball rolling! Congrats to the NH crew.

BP

ttystikk

ttystikk

Get some New House, and pop it quick. Been smoking TR's work now for several years and it is nothing but fire. The Hanis is absolutely outstanding, one of the finest examples of Afghani hybrids out there.

Red Headed Stranger won 2nd in the Sativa category at the Denver Cup...that should be enough to get the ball rolling! Congrats to the NH crew.

BP

Definitely likin' the good news about the home team made good!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I used to run a Willie Nelson from Reeferman cross i did a few years ago called "Red Headed Starnger"...wonder what the genetic of their is? probably the Willie Nelson

altimood

altimood

I used to run a Willie Nelson from Reeferman cross i did a few years ago called "Red Headed Starnger"...wonder what the genetic of their is? probably the Willie Nelson

bro i'm pretty sure its williams wonder x tom hill haze(male). Its a long flowering sativa- 120 days type long.

T

Tierra Rojo

Pretty sure seed companies are good in CO. At least thats what a team of lawyers and the MMED have told me on several long visits. As long as they are produced in an OPC, Manifested to your MMC and sold either retail to patients or wholesale to other licensed entities. As far as being able to produce quality IBLs and hybrids, I think Colorado is the best and safest place to be on the planet right now. We have over 2,000 patients in our system of stores and a very large facility with 28,000 watts dedicated to seed production alone. Along with another MIPS facility to run serious numbers of plants for selection. I spent the weekend talking with a few other breeders from Amsterdam, Spain , and the US, none of whom have ever run the seed numbers that we are right now. Nor have they ever seen or heard of it being done. Over the past few weeks we have popped thousands of seeds Up to 500 of single varieties. All of which will be gone through selected to some degree. As far as the team we have put together, I don't feel there is a stronger one out there. Lots of commercial growing experience and not just herb. I for one grew up under 450,000 sqft of glass and have never had a job that didn't include plants. Thats 35 years of commercial production and over 20 years growing cannabis. My boy Paco also comes from traditional horticulture and has vast experience in the field and with cannabis. Chapulin is the hardest working man in the biz. If there was a lumberjack type challenge for baller ass growers, this dude would be long time world champion. He gets more done by 7 am than most of you cats pull off in a week. The newest addition to the team has a masters and is a phd candidate in plant molecular biology focusing on genetics. He was part of the team that sequenced the strawberry genome and was responsible for extracting the RNA that was used in the project. Also spent a good portion of time conducting experiments on light spectrum in regards to terpene profiles in strawberries. I think we got this. If you have doubts than sit back and watch the ride, hate later after there is something to hate or love. New House Seeds is here (Colorado only), and we plan on doing more work and bringing more integrity to the table than anyone else in the biz. Just my $.02

Red Headed Stranger =Williams Wonder X Tom Hills Haze
The willy is an old SSSC Strain that has been inbred in Colorado since the 80's. She is a solid mother and Brings mad vigor and trich production to the game every time. The haze male we used came from a large population of seed and was a real standout in the line. Very strong eucalyptus citrus haze smells. The shortest internodes outa the lot (even the females) and seriously triched out leave n sacs. The seed that was entered in the cup went 112 days and wasn't the longest flowerer of the bunch. For the most part they grow like clones. There is the odd Willy leaning pheno that is shorter and quicker to the punch, but only like 1 outa 40.

TK. I smoked a lot of herb back in the day in TX that went by the name Willy Willies or willy weed. Never a RHS. The reason we chose the name was to honor willy without having to give it the same name as the rest of willies. It do remember the herb and loved it.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
And thanks for the love Colorado!!!! It's all for you.

Right back at you! I'm kind of a seed whore, and big supporter of cannabis that is born and bred in the rockies. Where o where can I find your seeds on the front range?

Thanks!

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Natural remedies on 16th and market. Call first for availability and strain list. Other locations as well...

They had the red headed stranger, right? And the Bob Saget? (really liked that) Didn't see any seeds when I was there, but I didn't ask. Thanks, Altimood.

outwest

ttystikk

ttystikk

MAD Props! Sounds like a serious breeding operation, for sure. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with over the next few years, cuz time is all you need- everything else is in place.

T

triangle kush

this is the best news thats happened in seed breeding since the 1990s! Well done TR. I may not like paco but sounds like you boys are actually going to make a difference in the business instead of filling up a couple tents with plants and calling it a seed company. Best of luck!

Pretty sure seed companies are good in CO. At least thats what a team of lawyers and the MMED have told me on several long visits. As long as they are produced in an OPC, Manifested to your MMC and sold either retail to patients or wholesale to other licensed entities. As far as being able to produce quality IBLs and hybrids, I think Colorado is the best and safest place to be on the planet right now. We have over 2,000 patients in our system of stores and a very large facility with 28,000 watts dedicated to seed production alone. Along with another MIPS facility to run serious numbers of plants for selection. I spent the weekend talking with a few other breeders from Amsterdam, Spain , and the US, none of whom have ever run the seed numbers that we are right now. Nor have they ever seen or heard of it being done. Over the past few weeks we have popped thousands of seeds Up to 500 of single varieties. All of which will be gone through selected to some degree. As far as the team we have put together, I don't feel there is a stronger one out there. Lots of commercial growing experience and not just herb. I for one grew up under 450,000 sqft of glass and have never had a job that didn't include plants. Thats 35 years of commercial production and over 20 years growing cannabis. My boy Paco also comes from traditional horticulture and has vast experience in the field and with cannabis. Chapulin is the hardest working man in the biz. If there was a lumberjack type challenge for baller ass growers, this dude would be long time world champion. He gets more done by 7 am than most of you cats pull off in a week. The newest addition to the team has a masters and is a phd candidate in plant molecular biology focusing on genetics. He was part of the team that sequenced the strawberry genome and was responsible for extracting the RNA that was used in the project. Also spent a good portion of time conducting experiments on light spectrum in regards to terpene profiles in strawberries. I think we got this. If you have doubts than sit back and watch the ride, hate later after there is something to hate or love. New House Seeds is here (Colorado only), and we plan on doing more work and bringing more integrity to the table than anyone else in the biz. Just my $.02

Red Headed Stranger =Williams Wonder X Tom Hills Haze
The willy is an old SSSC Strain that has been inbred in Colorado since the 80's. She is a solid mother and Brings mad vigor and trich production to the game every time. The haze male we used came from a large population of seed and was a real standout in the line. Very strong eucalyptus citrus haze smells. The shortest internodes outa the lot (even the females) and seriously triched out leave n sacs. The seed that was entered in the cup went 112 days and wasn't the longest flowerer of the bunch. For the most part they grow like clones. There is the odd Willy leaning pheno that is shorter and quicker to the punch, but only like 1 outa 40.

TK. I smoked a lot of herb back in the day in TX that went by the name Willy Willies or willy weed. Never a RHS. The reason we chose the name was to honor willy without having to give it the same name as the rest of willies. It do remember the herb and loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom