Seed & Hydrotone..

• Thread starter mMmTHC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mMmTHC

Can i put my seedling into hydrotone and let it go from there? I dont wanna put it in rockwool and have it cause root rot... Hydrotone is like soil but just rocks just put the seed in there and let it go..? I think im going to try it.. lol... Any other input plz post. thank you....

:afroweed:

L

LEBDOG

Why not try Rapid Rooters?

Why not use Rapid Rooters to start with? I think those are the best way to begin these days especially if you don't like RW. Every time I start a seed again, it will be in a Rapid Rooter as this is a great holder without promoting the RW like rot (which is almost always from something wrong with the environment and not the RW).

If you want skip the cubes, check out the Tennessee Underground Bud or Pot Cave video. He basically threw loosely some rockwool , "Croutons" in (and on top of) the hydroton and put his (I assume) clones in there. I think that is a pretty good way to do what you are trying to do, while still giving the plant more than just hydroton to keep it moist. I have never seen what you talk about done before. I think this crouton like rock wool is a lot more porous and is less likely to root rot than a huge cube... I lot of people do fine though with the 1x1 or 4x4 cubes.

I am no pro, but just though I'd give my opinion. Check out that Pot Cave video and you'll see what I mean. It's in the THCtube section here:

I think you see what I am talking about in the second video. It could be in the first though...

Good luck and post what turn out! TR

Latest posts

Top Bottom