Seed to Session: The Chronic-al of a tumbleweed's Journey to Unlock the Mysteries of Ganja

• Thread starter Tumbleweed375
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Day 10 - 17 (7-14): Fungus Gnats and SF Nematodes
-1 spot turned into 3 or 4 and I headed right to my car... Well, really just the farm and a rabbit hole of research.

View attachment 2022167View attachment 2022168View attachment 2022169View attachment 2022170View attachment 2022171View attachment 2022172

-Slight leaf droop noticed as well. So I changed the position of my oscillating fan so airflow wasn't directed at the canopy.
I also raised my light up about an inch to about 37" thanks to the expert advice of the Captain.
#1-
View attachment 2022174

#2View attachment 2022175
View attachment 2022176

-After illuminating conversations about Neem oil, Soil, Beneficial insects, Yellow Stickies, Natural Remedies, and the Cosmos I felt a little less stressed. The leaves perked up less than 10 hours after raising the lights. I added some Yellow stickies and quickly determined there were also some fungus gnats.

View attachment 2022215

-Fungus Amongus
View attachment 2022214

-Still looking OK
View attachment 2022217

View attachment 2022216

View attachment 2022218

@Deadstill gave me some pointers about which Neem Oils to use, when to apply, and a lot of other useful information. I will keep Neem Oil or any chemical addition as a last resort. Want to keep them tasting as clean as possible. I got some SF Nematodes from Arbico-Organics and picked up a CO2 Exhale bag.

View attachment 2022245

View attachment 2022244View attachment 2022243View attachment 2022243
looking great! Here for the ride! Love the grow details!

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

Good morning all! I switched to 12/12 yesterday. The lights are at 60% and sitting about 34" from the cannopy. Gave them each about a litre of PH'd water 2 days ago, and going to feed again tomorrow or the next day.

I will update some of my findings (issues i faced with overwatering, underwatering, nutrient deficiencies, nutrient excess, too much light, too little light, and HEAT before getting to this point) at a later date, but wanted to get the flip down in the thread first.

After solving most of my problems, heat stress kept rearining it's ugly head. I decided i needed a way to move my tent to cooler areas and then back to warmer areas as needed.

I decided on a wheeled stand, and and intake fan.

20231002 143856
I got my Mobile Marijuana Machine up and running. Intake fan added at the back to supply cool fresh air and tent moved to window in room outside my office for the day.

20231004 092026

20231004 092037

20231004 092045

The intake hose is fitted to a piece of pvc adapter (3" to 4") i had laying around that is covered with a fine mesh to prevent dust/pests and help prevent a light leak. As you can tell this thing is made 99% of scraps, and a $25 vivosun fan.

The tent is running at negative pressure... I didn't do the math properly and my exhaust greatly out powers my intake... even with the carbon filter on the exhaust. I can't find any negatives on a negative pressure grow, but have you guys ever done it? The only thing i noticed is that the sides of the tent concave and touch the edges of my plants. I may need to put some supports to prevent it.

They are really filling out the scrog net, and they havent even started the stretch. I may need to move my exhaust fan to the exterior of the tent (i have room on the back of the MMM ready if i need to) if i end up needing more head room.

20231004 092201

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

Good morning all! I switched to 12/12 yesterday. The lights are at 60% and sitting about 34" from the cannopy. Gave them each about a litre of PH'd water 2 days ago, and going to feed again tomorrow or the next day.

I will update some of my findings (issues i faced with overwatering, underwatering, nutrient deficiencies, nutrient excess, too much light, too little light, and HEAT before getting to this point) at a later date, but wanted to get the flip down in the thread first.

After solving most of my problems, heat stress kept rearining it's ugly head. I decided i needed a way to move my tent to cooler areas and then back to warmer areas as needed.

View attachment 2052775I got my Mobile Marijuana Machine up and running. Intake fan added at the back to supply cool fresh air and tent moved to window in room outside my office for the day.

View attachment 2052776

View attachment 2052777

View attachment 2052778
The intake hose is fitted to a piece of pvc adapter (3" to 4") i had laying around that is covered with a fine mesh to prevent dust/pests and help prevent a light leak. As you can tell this thing is made 99% of scraps, and a $25 vivosun fan.

The tent is running at negative pressure... I didn't do the math properly and my exhaust greatly out powers my intake... even with the carbon filter on the exhaust. I can't find any negatives on a negative pressure grow, but have you guys ever done it? The only thing i noticed is that the sides of the tent concave and touch the edges of my plants. I may need to put some supports to prevent it.

They are really filling out the scrog net, and they havent even started the stretch. I may need to move my exhaust fan to the exterior of the tent (i have room on the back of the MMM ready if i need to) if i end up needing more head room.

View attachment 2052782
the tent on wheels is cool as.😁

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
yeh the fan controllers are nice cap, you can turn it up in summer down in winter. thats what i do to maintain constant temps.
In my flower room I have a 16in shop fan on the ceiling I put in for circulation, you could strap that thing on you back with a set of skiis, it’s so strong you could water skii without a boat. I had to put a controller on it to calm it down. Best fan ever as long as you can keep it from taking off to the moon. Controllers are a great help.

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

View attachment 2052775I got my Mobile Marijuana Machine up and running. Intake fan added at the back to supply cool fresh air and tent moved to window in room outside my office for the day.

View attachment 2052776

View attachment 2052777

View attachment 2052778

View attachment 2052782
i normally just use the extractor and open the tent door at the bottom, this creates good airflow without a air intake fan hope this helps.

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

Alright you need to spend just a little bit more, you need to get some of these. Some fan speed controllers will sort it. Or just one for equalizing the air.

good call! I'm hoping the fans wont need to be running so hard when it cools down a bit.

i normally just use the extractor and open the tent door at the bottom, this creates good airflow without a air intake fan hope this helps.
Definitely! My whole problem is i have my tent upstairs in my house, and it gets really fuckin hot. I was running my airconditioner 24/7 for the last 2 months. I opened the door up, but still need the intake pulling in fresh cool air.

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

In my flower room I have a 16in shop fan on the ceiling I put in for circulation, you could strap that thing on you back with a set of skiis, it’s so strong you could water skii without a boat. I had to put a controller on it to calm it down. Best fan ever as long as you can keep it from taking off to the moon. Controllers are a great help.
sounds great bro i have a old 8 inch squirrel cage fan, thats like a motorbike in the room, lol way load never used it had it years maybe one day lol. could probz strap that to you ever go skiing let me no.😂

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

good call! I'm hoping the fans wont need to be running so hard when it cools down a bit.

Definitely! My whole problem is i have my tent upstairs in my house, and it gets really fuckin hot. I was running my airconditioner 24/7 for the last 2 months. I opened the door up, but still need the intake pulling in fresh cool air.
if its getting to hot bro you probz need more pull, ino it sounds mad but if you had 6 inch on that tent somehow. it should be perfect if the air is leaving the room. whats the ambient room temp.

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

if its getting to hot bro you probz need more pull, ino it sounds mad but if you had 6 inch on that tent somehow. it should be perfect if the air is leaving the room. whats the ambient room temp.
If i'm working in my office all day it can get in the 80s. So i roll it out to the middle room with more windows during the day. Still heat rises so it's in the 70's

Top Bottom