Seedling Not Growing

• Thread starter SoLowDolo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I went and checked on it real quick before I had to leave. It looks worse. It looks like some new growth is coming though. But the leaves looked more yellow and the tips looked a little crispy on the bigger leaves. But I was in a hurry, I will have to get a better look tonight when I get home.

Madmax

Madmax

dont waste your time too much when you get a seed that struggles to grow like that..i usually put them in the sic corner .if it grows it grows..not much you can do..put some more in..i put it down to just a dud seed.you get that sometimes.i used those jiffy pots yrs ago and they work okay..its not you dude...ive had same happen just recently.came up in a flash but hasnt done jack since..

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
The Jiffy-7 pellet is made from sphagnum peat from specially selected peat bogs. Lime and a special fertilizer with a low ammonium content are added to the peat in order to stimulate growth. The pellets have a pH of approximately 5.3 and are wrapped in a thin, degradable net.

Imo it’s the low ph. I’ve had better results soaking them in a solution of liquid lime and water when hydrating them before use.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

dont waste your time too much when you get a seed that struggles to grow like that..i usually put them in the sic corner .if it grows it grows..not much you can do..put some more in..i put it down to just a dud seed.you get that sometimes.i used those jiffy pots yrs ago and they work okay..its not you dude...ive had same happen just recently.came up in a flash but hasnt done jack since..
Yea, I'm just kinda letting it chug along, not really worrying too much about it. But it would be nice if it lives just for the sake of variety. I got 10 other seedlings popped but they are all the same strain... Oh and I got 2 bag seeds that I popped but i don't know if I am even keeping them. They are probably a sativa so they will take up a lot of room, and probably not worth it.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Jesus.are they that low..i never used probe back in the 80s when i was a youngin..

Yeah recently when I started back up again after a few years off I forgot about this and had some seedlings struggle until they were planted into my soil mix. Did some research and then remembered that I used to soak them in a lime solution to counteract the low ph and they worked much better. So I did that and sure as shit they worked as I remembered. I just ran out and haven’t bought more and quite frankly it’s just easier to go straight into my growing medium vs using those pellets.

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah it is hey.was the first thing i used when started growing ..they were abit of a rave in my district back then..i never went off them but it was easier and cheaper just to use your own mix and away you go..ive bought some peat pots actually for when i start my indoor grow ill just fill them with soil then plant into bigger pot..my soil mix has been a little loose and when you turn pot upside down and go to plant ive got to b super carefull ..couple time the soil has come away and have nearly damaged roots....i even apologize the the girls lol.
These peat pots will stop that happening..they are bout 3" wide 3" deep..should work good

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Look at this piece of shit now lol
IMG 20181122 073719229

Monster762

Monster762

I seen you post this idea somewhere else n it’s a greAt idea. I tried it n seeing the roots is a big help plus works as drain tray. I did it with coco mix I made with mykos
I found the tiny cups at dollar store. But knowing when to transplant helps. You can see the whole root system and it grows out holes I drilled at bottom but they came out clean n easy still. And no transplant stall at all either.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I seen you post this idea somewhere else n it’s a greAt idea. I tried it n seeing the roots is a big help plus works as drain tray. I did it with coco mix I made with mykos
I found the tiny cups at dollar store. But knowing when to transplant helps. You can see the whole root system and it grows out holes I drilled at bottom but they came out clean n easy still. And no transplant stall at all either.

Yeah it’s a great way to start seedlings and clones. Being able to see root development is very nice. I’ve had long roots poking out the holes and they come out clean when transplanting. One of those tricks every grower should know and use. I also mark the cups with the strains ID so I can easily keep track of them. Happy thanksgiving bro!

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Yea, it's pretty much dead. I expect nothing from it. And I'm not saying they were bad seeds, and it all may have been my fault, but after this experience, I will never get beans from Barney's farm again.

It does happen unfortunately, that is one risk of seeds. But I have heard this before about Barney’s seeds going back quite a few years. Good thing there are so many reliable sources here on the Farm.

Madmax

Madmax

LOL...Kill it ..put it out of its misery..poor thing haha..

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Haha..maybe you could use it as a companian plant...hey there shorty ...watchya doin waaay down there..:D...those others in same medium bud.
Yeah, the only difference was I started this one in a peat pellet. I took it out of the solo cup to check on it and it had no roots at all coming out and the peat pellet was wet so I cracked it open a little and threw it in some fresh soil.

Top Bottom