Seedling Problem

• Thread starter Mylo34
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mylo34

Is it possible that the problem that I'm having is overwatering? My seedling came out 7 days ago, and 2 days ago rhe leaves started curling up, I'm growing on greentree Ithaca blend, no nutes yet , 600w mh about 24 inches away from seedling, always use spring water 6.5 ph 75 for temp 60 humidity. And i have plenty of air moving in the tent. I'm thinking maybe i overwater or maybe i should add cal mag early. By the way the strain is bruce banner.

Seedling problem
Seedling problem 2
Seedling problem 3
Seedling problem 4
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Don’t add anything. Wait a week or so and see how they fare. Go easy on watering and wait for the plant to mature. At this age you can’t tell much if anything.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I agree with @CrimsonEcho. A 600w MH needs to be like 4’ above seedlings. I would at least double your current height and allow the plants to grow into the sweet spot.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Nice work. Give them until around the 4th node. Then hit them with the HID. Still kinda high, and lower over a few days to ease them into brighter light.

M

Mylo34

How many inches away should i keep the 150w cfl from seedling.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Oh, that little guy you can drop right down close. 6 to 8 inches above the plant should be fine.

Enforcer

Enforcer

You’ll want to keep an eye on how warm it’s getting between the light and the plants, and watch out for any stretch from the seedlings. I don’t see a fan in your tent. If you have a small fan, point it between the light and the plants on low. When the leaf edges curl like that it’s a heat issue.

Too warm = light up
Too stretchy = light down

However, seedling don’t need a whole bunch of light yet. So error on the side of less light for now. The worst that will happen is they stretch too much and you’ll have to bury them a little deeper when you transplant.

M

Mylo34

Have a clip fan pointing in between, and that is the highest temp it gets in the room, the lowest is 73 or 75 degrees.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Ok. I’m not sure where you place your thermometer, so I’m just going to throw this out there. The temp between the light and the plant is usually several degrees warmer than ambient. At that angle the clip fan is not really blowing between the light and the plants. I would suggest moving it down.

M

Mylo34

It is 2 degrees hotter that is why i keep the thermometer sensor on top of the pot closest to the lights, but also you can't see in pictures but i have a portable a/c unit working as a fan blowing right in between lights and seedling.

M

Mylo34

Guy's thanks for the help my seedling are doing amazing after i switched to cfl.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Glad to hear it. It’s a good feeling when you apply a remedy and the plants respond well. Nice work farmer.

Top Bottom