Seedling Question

• Thread starter Chuckgenetic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chuckgenetic

Chuckgenetic

so I've been working on my new grow and I initially started 10 seeds and after 72 hours only 6 popped and they are kinda stretchy but I know that's from just going under the 1000w hortilux hps. This just happened to be the actual 2nd watering and I was wondering after today if I still see no sign of progress on those 4 what would the farm recommend I do before I call those 4 a loss!! I also just stuck 4 more down to start out wit a good 10-11 hopefully. Right now I currently have 707 Headband Sour D Lemon Walker RKS in the initial 10 I planted. And today being the water day I added 2 afghani and 2 Og Purple #18.

Chuckgenetic

Chuckgenetic

What method of germination did you use?
I just went straight to solo cup with ffof and watered them and threw them under the light at 18/6. I was initially having a problem with my humidity couldn't seem to get it up high enough in the tent even after I placed a bucket of water with a towel half way in it

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

I just went straight to solo cup with ffof and watered them and threw them under the light at 18/6. I was initially having a problem with my humidity couldn't seem to get it up high enough in the tent even after I placed a bucket of water with a towel half way in it

Ahhh I think before trashing the beans I would pour out the contents of the cup and gently brush through the soil, if the bean is unpopped I'd stick it in the paper towel. The only seedlings I've ever lost were destroyed by my landlord. Everything else has been 100% germ rate for me. Distilled water in a paper towel. If you wanna give them a little love you can put a little aloe or super thrive in the distilled water before pouring on the towel.

embaks

embaks

Ahhh I think before trashing the beans I would pour out the contents of the cup and gently brush through the soil, if the bean is unpopped I'd stick it in the paper towel. The only seedlings I've ever lost were destroyed by my landlord. Everything else has been 100% germ rate for me. Distilled water in a paper towel. If you wanna give them a little love you can put a little aloe or super thrive in the distilled water before pouring on the towel.
Your landlord destroyed your seedlings?

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Your landlord destroyed your seedlings?

Yea I was storing them at my house for a day, literally a day, so I could move them to the OP and I came home from work and there was a note, 6 empty pots, my bulbs were smashed and my seedlings cut up with scissors. Second angriest moment of my life. That was a few years ago.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Luckily it was some shitty 15 dollar CFL bulbs I had just to keep seedlings there for a night at a time lol.

Chuckgenetic

Chuckgenetic

Yeah sounds like a decent idea I'm gonna do tomorrow when I go in the tent hopefully the cups will have dried a bit thanks

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

In general I recommend the paper TowEl method over soil or plug germination so you never deal with this situation. I know if I have a seed in a towel with an inch long tail that I will see that seedling in 12-24 hours popping out of the soil. Maybe it's a control thing but like I've said I have had 100% success.

Chuckgenetic

Chuckgenetic

In general I recommend the paper TowEl method over soil or plug germination so you never deal with this situation. I know if I have a seed in a towel with an inch long tail that I will see that seedling in 12-24 hours popping out of the soil. Maybe it's a control thing but like I've said I have had 100% success.
I can dig it I just went back in my tent to check something and I believe I made an ass mistake and popped two beans in one cup there goes another situation I now must figure out.. I must say even through some of the frustrating things this whole process is addictive. I love it and I do t even have a finished product

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Thats easy bro just hurry up and separate them. I've had 2 sprouts come from 1 shell lol. Or you could even leave them and grow them together. Gt21 does 3 in 1 pot in flower lol. Anything is possible bro.

Agreed I saw a great scrog going 2 plants in one 7 gal pot. It actually seemed to be doing well though I've heard (read this is some Bullshit I read but never verified scientifically) that cannabis does not like root competition. That being said everyone in DWC could give a shit less lol.

embaks

embaks

My landlord did an inspection to check to see why the water bill was high. So he went into the basement where I was going at the time.. Then a few hours later he sent an email, stating he found some.interesting agriculture, but he was fine with he. Seeing how it wasnt the problem with the water bill he didn't really care and still does t to this day aslong as we keep the house / yard clean

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

My landlord did an inspection to check to see why the water bill was high. So he went into the basement where I was going at the time.. Then a few hours later he sent an email, stating he found some.interesting agriculture, but he was fine with he. Seeing how it wasnt the problem with the water bill he didn't really care and still does t to this day aslong as we keep the house / yard clean

This guy used to be my best friend. He was jealous that I was living the dream working a good job AND still allowed to smoke and grow cause he gets the pissed test all the time.

Top Bottom