Seedling showing sex at 10 days?!?

• Thread starter Penelope
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Really? What was "bad" about the soil?
I had a couple seedlings auto on me this year, outside in the sun their whole life.
All 3 dozen of the other seedlings were fine in the same cheap soil though.
I also have several very healthy volunteers in rock hard dirt..that get no nutes..
None of them autoed.. shit load of females too. :)
It was the Gardener & Bloome soil for acid-loving plants, and it was SUPER acidic. I spent weeks trying to figure out what the hell was going wrong, but at first, they turned white and pink. I've never even heard of anything like it, let alone seen it.
Just out of curiosity,what strain?reg or fem?not that it matters,r.i.p. Mutant,lol,76
Several strains! It was awful because I threw it all in. Last year I spent several hundred dollars on genetics, a huge 'first' for me. I have CBDCrew, Golden Lion, Connoisseur, and BoG genetics, as well as some old gear that needed to be run gifted me from friends in years past. So, it was a whole MIX of genetics. ALL did the same thing, which meant that it wasn't the genetics, it was something I'd done, or not done. The problem was figuring it out. Once I did things are going as they should be. I was able to cull the males because I caused the autoflowering, but I also caused a whole slew of really weird issues, such as 'reveg' on them, a few of which still haven't come out of it. The majority have, though, so I'm gonna be having a stellar season.
Also curious as to what is "bad" about ProMix with a little bit of Roots Organics? Or were you just speaking in general terms and not specifically about this odd specimen?
I have no idea what could be wrong, but what I'm saying is don't just assume it's a problem with the genetics. Examine EVERYTHING. Consider also pests, disease, general husbandry, along with the actual media and feeding regimen you're using.
It's a high CBD strain.... Just plain old beans. Not autoflowering, not feminized.

Thanks again for all the input. :)
Same here, nothing feminized, nothing auto, just regular sex beans. But *I* royally fucked 'em up. And then I royally got 'em going strong again after I finally figured out what the problem was.
My buddy run's his bad boy t-5 42" away, & ya you get what you pay for. An 8 bulb t-5 w/good bulbs is about 40,000 lumens, thats damn near a 400w hid.
THAT'S crazy because my seedlings stretch under direct sunlight. Cray!

Trich king

Trich king

Dyamite kush 12 days above ground, 26" below my t-5
IMG 20140618 105724
IMG 20140617 202827

Penelope

Penelope

-It seems that the dirt used for these seedlings is benign enough.
-The light has been kept close so that didn't likely cause the crazy stretch, especially compared to the others of the same age and normal height (third photo).
-They really haven't been fed other than a splash of kelp.
-If this was an autoflowering seed, I assume they are not designed to begin flowering at approximately 15 days from germination.
-I see no evidence of pests or problems. They all look happy. In fact the crazy one is now 10 1/2" inches tall now. (I've not yet destroyed him because I am curious as to what he'll do. And he's far away from others so can't cause any "male" problems.)

Ruling out the above possibilities, is the general consensus that this was just a mutant seed? Has anyone else seen this happen? I knew before I posted that this is not normal. The purpose of sharing was to try to figure out the why and how. (Yeah, I'm one of those new people who does not think they already know everything. LOL)

Thanks again! ;)

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
-If this was an autoflowering seed, I assume they are not designed to begin flowering at approximately 15 days from germination.
They are not 'designed' to flower after a certain amount of days (human time) but will flower at a certain stage in their life. Yours seems to have went through the necessary stages, and way too fast. 1 set of single leaflet leaves as seedling, 1 set of 5 leaflets for vegging, and full on flowering the next set. :woot:

There's no way to really tell if it actually mutated. Unless you continue to get the same results with other plants it doesn't really matter either cause in any case I agree with some of the previous posters: not a male you should let spread its subpar genetics.

Interesting specimen you got there though, thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom