Seedling showing sex at 10 days?!?

• Thread starter Penelope
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Penelope

Penelope

Greetings Farmers. I started some seeds in my Aerogarden then put them into soil (mostly ProMix with a little Roots Organics Original) as soon as their roots were an inch or so long. These kiddies have been in dirt for 11 days now. The one in question is a crazy stilt-plant at 7 1/2" with all that stuff going on up top. What the heck?? :confused: Oh, other details... they're getting water with a little bit of kelp, and 18 hours of light per day.
Crazy1

Crazy2

These two went into dirt on the same day:
Crazy3

Any input would be appreciated! o_O

Penelope

Penelope

Thanks for the responses. Any advice on what to do with it? I am interested in keeping a male around for future breeding... but is this one too much of a mutant (or something) to be good breeding stock? It's so ridiculously tall that every morning I think I will find it toppled over! :eek:

I assume that an autoflowerer was not meant to flower at this tender young age, correct? I'm not sure what to make of these seeds.... I ordered a pack of 15 and was sent over 80. Kinda made me wonder! :wacky: (The seeds were not sold as autoflowering.)

Last edited:
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
It's so ridiculously tall that every morning I think I will find it toppled over! :eek:

I assume that an autoflowerer was not meant to flower at this tender young age, correct? I'm not sure what to make of these seeds.... I ordered a pack of 15 and was sent over 80. Kinda made me wonder! :wacky: (The seeds were not sold as autoflowering.)
Kill it. Now. You have 80 seeds. Germanate a couple dozen more!
What kind of light are you useing?
With seedlings, its best to keep the florescent light really close.
like 2 to 4 inches away. Really. Otherwise, they will stretch

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
This year I witnessed what bad soil can do to perfectly good genetics, and autoflowering is one of them. ;)
Really? What was "bad" about the soil?
I had a couple seedlings auto on me this year, outside in the sun their whole life.
All 3 dozen of the other seedlings were fine in the same cheap soil though.
I also have several very healthy volunteers in rock hard dirt..that get no nutes..
None of them autoed.. shit load of females too. :)

Penelope

Penelope

This year I witnessed what bad soil can do to perfectly good genetics, and autoflowering is one of them. ;)
Also curious as to what is "bad" about ProMix with a little bit of Roots Organics? Or were you just speaking in general terms and not specifically about this odd specimen?

Just out of curiosity,what strain?reg or fem?not that it matters,r.i.p. Mutant,lol,76
It's a high CBD strain.... Just plain old beans. Not autoflowering, not feminized.

Thanks again for all the input. :)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
high cbd and autoflower can go hand in hand fyi. kinda like cherrish flavs tend to have more cbd imo.
I never knew that..but I recently read about a fast flowering(maybe auto?)
One called the Oracle strain ..they made big claims....turned out to be hemp

@Penelope Did you get those seeds from BC seeds?

Last edited:
Trich king

Trich king

Thats crazy cause I keep my t-5 about 24-36" away from mine & dont stretch, t-5's are pretty powerful

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thats crazy cause I keep my t-5 about 24-36" away from mine & dont stretch, t-5's are pretty powerful
you must have some damn good bulbs :)
T5's loose strength after about a foot...2 foot away that light is weak..

a T5 36inches away from a young seedling? Really?

Trich king

Trich king

My buddy run's his bad boy t-5 42" away, & ya you get what you pay for. An 8 bulb t-5 w/good bulbs is about 40,000 lumens, thats damn near a 400w hid.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
My buddy run's his bad boy t-5 42" away, & ya you get what you pay for. An 8 bulb t-5 w/good bulbs is about 40,000 lumens, thats damn near a 400w hid.
42" away from his tops? :confused: Why?

but its not HID

Top Bottom