Seedlings leaves Problem and Stunned growth.

• Thread starter goodbye95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
goodbye95

goodbye95

Let me give you a link. You have to understand how water in the rootzone works and what over watering is. Its lack of o2 NOT to mich water.The key is to tilt the pots after. All your doing is creating uneven moisture content and that WILL create problems

Lots of respect for your work. Seriously.

TSD

TSD

Why should i saturate the entire pot instead of giving little by little to have more control? I mean if i saturate the entire pot now with the rate they are drinking i wont be able to give water for the next 10 days at least . For example now , as i mentioned above, i give only 20 ml every 4 days and they have gone overwatered. Imagine giving 1 to 2 litres. Can someone explain ?
Yes exactly, and that's fine and necessary because you went too big from jump street. I regularly go a week or more between waterings early on. My oldest girls are currently a bit more than a month and I think I've watered 3 times, I'd have to check my notes. Weed likes a dry period, if the roots stay wet all the time, they basically suffocate/drown because there is no oxygen available, they get thier oxygen via thier roots, and if you deprive them of oxygen they cannot carry out any other processes effectively and they suffer in a variety of ways. Read that link and you will gain the knowledge you seek lol. Only 20 mil every 2 days is keeping them in a constant wet state because they have a small root zone right now, and they will suffer root growth issues as well because roots will not grow into dry soil. You want your roots to venture out so you have a nice robust root system.

Last edited:
goodbye95

goodbye95

Yes exactly, and that's fine and necessary because you went too big from jump street. I regularly go a week or more between waterings early on. My oldest girls are currently a bit more month and I think I've watered 3 times, I'd have to check my notes. Weed likes a dry period, if the roots stay wet all the time, they basically suffocate/drown because there is no oxygen available, they get thier oxygen via thier roots, and if you deprive them of oxygen they cannot carry out any other processes effectively and they suffer in a variety of ways. Read that link and you will gain the knowledge you seek lol. Only 20 mil every 2 days is keeping them in a constant wet state because they have a small root zone right now, and they will suffer root growth issues as well because roots will not grow into dry soil. You want your roots to venture out so you have a nice robust root system.
I got it. Pure knowledge . Thank you miss.

goodbye95

goodbye95

So. One week has passed and the soil has got dry. I watered till all the medium is moist just as you instructed me . The plants grow so slow though . Here are some photos of today. Btw i placed the new Spider farmer 7000 at 60 cm above canopy at 40 % intensity.
IMG 20220505 204113

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

How much water did you give them? When watering, you should saturate the entire pot, top to bottom, no dry spots. That might be too much light, start low and build up, they are still babies.

goodbye95

goodbye95

I think about 800 ml of water filled each pot. Every pot had about 10- 20 % runoff. I follow the guide below. Any further advice is appreciated.
Screenshot 2022 05 05 21 43 07 944 comandroidchrome

goodbye95

goodbye95

Hello again everyone. After 1 week of progress i got to this. They grow reaaly slow and are starting to show some weird problems .

IMG 20220509 183725
IMG 20220509 183711
IMG 20220509 183636
IMG 20220509 183632
IMG 20220509 183627
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Your temps are pretty low(28-30c is the sweet spot for LED imo) and your humidity is also very low but that will increase as the plants grow. Plants are looking a bit hungry. They are stretching because they aren't getting enough light - so either raise the intensity or lower the light a bit.

Baby plants don't need much to grow. Sufficient light, food to sustain growth, and proper wet/dry cycles to promote vigorous growth.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Just read that you are using Biobizz...there was another guy using that same nutrient line with nothing but problems. I suggest reading their product page. Young plants don't need food until about the third week you'll notice the Cotyledons start to yellow off.

goodbye95

goodbye95

Just read that you are using Biobizz...there was another guy using that same nutrient line with nothing but problems. I suggest reading their product page. Young plants don't need food until about the third week you'll notice the Cotyledons start to yellow off.
I follow exactly their product page.

goodbye95

goodbye95

Your temps are pretty low(28-30c is the sweet spot for LED imo) and your humidity is also very low but that will increase as the plants grow. Plants are looking a bit hungry. They are stretching because they aren't getting enough light - so either raise the intensity or lower the light a bit.

Baby plants don't need much to grow. Sufficient light, food to sustain growth, and proper wet/dry cycles to promote vigorous growth.
Unfortunately i dont have a humidifier
Also i use a spiderfarmer sf 7000 which is 650 watt on a 1m x 1m tent and i have it at 20% intensity right now. How did you notice they are hungry? Please explain. I use 50/50 hot soil and soft soil so i dont think nutrients are a problem for the time being . I think they have been fucked up cause of early overwatering. I am curious. How long can a plant stay in dry soil. I just want to make sure i wont overwater again in any way.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

They are really yellow and pale, so if you're certain they don't need food then you have other issues with water/light/environment.

Top Bottom