IMG 1415

Up next to Germinate today
1 Orange Blossom F2 ~Trae1170
2 Sugarcane Sundae ~Choppr
1 Speed Sick (4th Gen back crossed) 2yr ago one of my First Crosses
IMG 1424

Choppr

Choppr

Hey Glick, I see above you are Cloning the BluTerple, I created the BluTerple by crossing Auto flowering and Photoperiod strains in an attempt to create a "fast flowering photoperiod", as Im now living in Minnesota with extremely short grow seasons. The seeds I sent you are F1's and have been tested indoor with great success, outdoor with high daytime temps & drought and cold minnesota nighttime temps, these types of stressors can cause these plants to go to seed, ....although technically they are photoperiod seeds/plants and should clone just fine, I think they will be stressed and may not be worth it as they do carry the recessive genes. Of course "do what you do" my'dude, experiments are fun! lol.

also my attempt to use these in minnesota outdoor is a fail because of the stress factors mentioned, Friends and I have grown these indoor and so far 2 phenotypes have occurred, 1 is mildly foxtailed(not the unruly type) covered in frost, and the other looks like her sundae driver Parentage. Both are excellent. (I liked the foxtailed pheno more, pink/purple/magenta buds) Ill look for pics and post them...?

(a florida boy living in minnesota!?! fuck me!, we just got a foot of snow last week!) 😅

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

Hey Glick, I see above you are Cloning the BluTerple, I created the BluTerple by crossing Auto flowering and Photoperiod strains in an attempt to create a "fast flowering photoperiod", as Im now living in Minnesota with extremely short grow seasons. The seeds I sent you are F1's and have been tested indoor with great success, outdoor with high daytime temps & drought and cold minnesota nighttime temps, these types of stressors can cause these plants to go to seed, ....although technically they are photoperiod seeds/plants and should clone just fine, I think they will be stressed and may not be worth it as they do carry the recessive genes. Of course "do what you do" my'dude, experiments are fun! lol.

also my attempt to use these in minnesota outdoor is a fail because of the stress factors mentioned, Friends and I have grown these indoor and so far 2 phenotypes have occurred, 1 is mildly foxtailed(not the unruly type) covered in frost, and the other looks like her sundae driver Parentage. Both are excellent. (I liked the foxtailed pheno more, pink/purple/magenta buds) Ill look for pics and post them...?

(a florida boy living in minnesota!?! fuck me!, we just got a foot of snow last week!) 😅
Damn that’s crazy it’s still snowing there what the hell were you thinking moving there lol.

I been keeping 1 inside and 1 outside, the Clone was actually an accident when I was training it I pulled to hard an snapped it so I quick put it on n water to save it I’m new to cloning so I won’t try it with them. Thank you for the info though there definitely Sativa leaning with skinny leaf’s I got afew seeds I made from crossing with Auto’s so I have some experience with them types of crosses I’ll definitely take it a little easier on them

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter

One of my best buds is planning on growing outdoors in Minnesota this summer,
Any tips or advice?
He’s from oregun so he’s way out of his element and has never grown outdoors:)

Choppr

Choppr

One of my best buds is planning on growing outdoors in Minnesota this summer,
Any tips or advice?
He’s from oregun so he’s way out of his element and has never grown outdoors:)
I recommend Auto's or Fast Flowering Photos - lol, the weather here is so extreme, ive seen it go from 60 above zero to 15 below zero, a 75 degree temp change! in 9 hrs. Summers are 90's Hot and either soupy humid or arid dry, summer night temps can be in the 50's... periods of no rain and drought, to just soggy with a weeks of rain at a time! Even in the summer you can have 20 and 30 degree temp changes from night to day. Without Light Dep, most Photos wont flower in time to fully mature, I have to start mine indoor in April for June Planting outdoor, so you can work it out if you have the space indoor, its tough when you do a 100 plants and they stay indoor almost 8 weeks (till the 12/12 flip) We have Basements Here. If your friend has a Property Rural with some Land he'll do fine. Auto's do fine here, Atlas, Night Owl, Mephisto, Fastbuds...(I recommend Atlas, as they are grown "field-scale" and seem to be hardier)

the locals have a saying "dont like the weather? wait 10 minutes"!, I didn't get the joke till my 3rd year here!!!

Choppr

Choppr

Damn that’s crazy it’s still snowing there what the hell were you thinking moving there lol.
It was a dry (no snow) winter! and then we got hit with a big snowstorm just to reclaim our "normal water fall amounts" needed for farmers...almost like someone controlling the weather.....hmm? lol I sense my inner conspiracy theorist coming out? lol

life has a way of taking Us places that we never dreamed about....

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

It was a dry (no snow) winter! and then we got hit with a big snowstorm just to reclaim our "normal water fall amounts" needed for farmers...almost like someone controlling the weather.....hmm? lol I sense my inner conspiracy theorist coming out? lol

life has a way of taking Us places that we never dreamed about....
Well now that I know you grow Autoflower’s
When they get done I’ll send you some of my first Auto crosses I have going right now.
I Selfed a Titan F1 Auto from @RoyalQueenSeeds
An pollenated
White Widow Auto from ILGM
Easy Bud Auto from @RoyalQueenSeeds

PianoStan

PianoStan

A Northern Lights Autoflower. It's the first pot plant that I have ever grown. Today marks the start of week 4, or maybe it's week 2! I don't know if the first two weeks of germination and getting the first couple sets of leaves actually count towards the 10 week grow time. I guess that it will become apparent in a few more weeks.
240316 Wk 1 D 5 a

Choppr

Choppr

A Northern Lights Autoflower. It's the first pot plant that I have ever grown. Today marks the start of week 4, or maybe it's week 2! I don't know if the first two weeks of germination and getting the first couple sets of leaves actually count towards the 10 week grow time. I guess that it will become apparent in a few more weeks.
I tell you how I time them, some will do it differently. I dont count the 1st week. (Most of mine, fresh seeds emerge in 3 days)
I count from the day they break soil (emergence) and those 1st 7 days I call sprouts/seedling week. Then I start Day1/Week 1 on that 8th day.

2 weeks to Germinate is really long? - You might want to revisit your process? lol - at any rate, Healthy Sprout you got there... Right On!

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
And Im a bit late 🤣
Shoulda started my damn veggys 2 or 3 weeks ago lol..

View attachment 2143695
Nah I’m waiting out until about the 15th usually plant out mid may stated a bit too early last year and had to replant a bunch, but gunna put them out into the greenhouse so wanna make sure they are up and ready to up pot to 4” pots

I do have 4 hot cherry pepper plants going though lil

IMG 3270
PianoStan

PianoStan

I tell you how I time them, some will do it differently. I dont count the 1st week. (Most of mine, fresh seeds emerge in 3 days)
I count from the day they break soil (emergence) and those 1st 7 days I call sprouts/seedling week. Then I start Day1/Week 1 on that 8th day.

2 weeks to Germinate is really long? - You might want to revisit your process? lol - at any rate, Healthy Sprout you got there... Right On!
Oh, no. The sprout poked out of the soil on day 3 after being planted. The first two weeks was that germination, and growing the first 3 sets of true leaves. On week 2-day 1, I turned on the hydroponics, and almost killed the plant. Within 8 hours the first 1/16" of the main leaf set turned canary yellow. So I turned the hydro off. Then, on week 3-day 1 I tried to start the hydroponics again, and the next day a few of the leaves had some yellowing on their sides, and had bent into a "taco" shape. So I stopped the hydroponics again.

I read that by week 3, the plant should be drinking 0.5L/day. And mine used up about 0.75L for the whole week. That's why I was wondering if the first two weeks didn't really count.
Here it is today [4/2/24] (not really a seedling anymore, that's why I didn't post it before):
20240402 120226

Top Bottom