Seedsman northern lights, need advice

• Thread starter Growrx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok so would you recommend me going full nutes, have yet to go above half nutes EVER.
No stay at around 600ppm.

What are you using to control alkalinity and createa stable PH? Using RO you have 0 and most cal mag does not add alkalinity so I would assume you have a large PH swing daily. Like going from 5.6 to 6.0 in a day.

Growrx

Growrx

No stay at around 600ppm.

What are you using to control alkalinity and createa stable PH? Using RO you have 0 and most cal mag does not add alkalinity so I would assume you have a large PH swing daily. Like going from 5.6 to 6.0 in a day.
Ph seems to be pretty stable, I usually have to bring it up with GH PH up and that does the trick for a few days until the water level starts falling. After adding nutes it’s at around 4.5 ish then I ph’ed to 6.3

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ph seems to be pretty stable, I usually have to bring it up with GH PH up and that does the trick for a few days until the water level starts falling.
Sounds about right... the fact you need to use PH up tells me alkalinity is to low. In the future potassium silicate is a great addition not only for alkalinity and PH stability but silica is a huge benefit to the plants and the bump in potassium is also nice.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not sure if I linked this for you before but if doing hydro its something I suggest reading.

Growrx

Growrx

Sounds about right... the fact you need to use PH up tells me alkalinity is to low. In the future potassium silicate is a great addition not only for alkalinity and PH stability but silica is a huge benefit to the plants and the bump in potassium is also nice.
I figured I couldn’t be doing this completely wrong but this is only my second grow.. but yes next grow I plan to add in silica blast during the early days of veg. As far as bloom boosters, should I throw in Hydroplex alongside my Base nutes this run if I start to see signs of deficiency’s? Or just bump the strength from half?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I figured I couldn’t be doing this completely wrong but this is only my second grow.. but yes next grow I plan to add in silica blast during the early days of veg. As far as bloom boosters, should I throw in Hydroplex alongside my Base nutes this run if I start to see signs of deficiency’s? Or just bump the strength from half?
Only thing you might want to add is some epsom salts. I find cal mag usually about a 5 to 1 ratio of calcium to magnesium and I like aboit 2:1. Late bloom 2g per gal for the added sulfur to help bring out the terps. Start to finish 1g per gal

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I was just turned on to "massive" by green planet by @Dirtbag and after a lot of research im giving it a go. Not heard one bad thing about it. It also contains natural PGR. So if I was to change anything I would go with your grow nutes and sub massive instead of your bloom

Growrx

Growrx

I was just turned on to "massive" by green planet by @Dirtbag and after a lot of research im giving it a go. Not heard one bad thing about it. It also contains natural PGR. So if I was to change anything I would go with your grow nutes and sub massive instead of your bloom
Just added it to my cart will try it on my next grow to compare alongside some silica blast from botanicare, but going to opt to doing half grow half bloom nutes for this plant and post back. Res change is due

Growrx

Growrx

I’m assuming she’s done stretching and is just budding now. Front of canopy
8E6824B6 38C6 4405 B244 E5D8A063A7E4

Latest posts

Top Bottom