Seeking Advice on Upgrading Grow Light for AC Infinity 3x3 Grow Tent Kit

• Thread starter TheGreenGroomer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

Hey everyone,

I recently got myself the AC Infinity 3x3 grow tent kit, and while I'm pretty happy with it overall, I can't help but feel like I could get better yields with a more efficient light. The one that came with the kit seems alright, but I'm not convinced it's the best option for maximizing my harvests.

I'm on the lookout for a new light within my budget, which is around £800. Obviously, I'd prefer something on the cheaper side, but I'm willing to shell out a bit more if it means getting a significant upgrade. I just want to make sure I'm getting my money's worth, you know? I mean, I don't have cash falling out my ass, so every penny counts!

If any of you have upgraded your lights in a similar setup or have recommendations for lights that fit my budget and deliver solid results, I'd really appreciate your input. I'm looking for something high-rated and worth the investment.

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions you can provide! Let's help each other out and make sure we're getting the best possible setup without breaking the bank

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

What light did you kit come with? I would say the ion frame would be a good option for you
yes it came with the ionboard s33 240w led light i just have a thought that its a basic light and i can upgrade to better my growth/harvest off :)

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

I love AC Infinity but have never used their lights, I'm site they're great though!

It's my first grow with it but I'm really liking my Spider Farmer SE4500, it's 4x2 size but if I were to get one for a 3x3 I would get the SE5000
thankyou for your input buddy, i have heard of that light it is great, also the SF4000 ive heard good things about just want to get as many opinions from other growers before splashing out my cash on something i regret ect ;)

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

I have the acinfinity 4x4 tent system but I went with the evo 6 bar style light which is the shit!
With the pro 69 controller this is the easiest grow I’ve ever done.
I also bought the humidifier and heater.
Now I’m gonna do it again but the 3x3 this time and instead of the Ionboard go with the evo 4 bar style light which fits the 3x3 perfectly.
Go with that!

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
it came with the ionboard s33 240w led light
That's a good light. I have the T22 in a 2x2 tent running off a Controller 69 Pro. It replaced a ViparSpectra XS2000. The T22 is a good light.

Have you grown a crop with it yet? That S33 at 240W provides 27 watts per square foot, which is the right size for the tent. You could get a more powerful light, but you might not be able to use the extra power and the return on investment might be trivial. So, if you haven't grown a crop yet, I recommend you do that before investing in a different light.

If you do change, I recommend getting a light that is compatible with your controller.

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

IMG 0543

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I have the acinfinity 4x4 tent system but I went with the evo 6 bar style light which is the shit!
Now I’m gonna do it again but the 3x3 this time and instead of the Ionboard go with the evo 4 bar style light which fits the 3x3 perfectly.
Go with that!
I agree. Those Evo lights are amazing.

It's hard to go wrong with AC Infinity equipment. I have three tents running and most of the equipment is from them.

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

That's a good light. I have the T22 in a 2x2 tent running off a Controller 69 Pro. It replaced a ViparSpectra XS2000. The T22 is a good light.

Have you grown a crop with it yet? That S33 at 240W provides 27 watts per square foot, which is the right size for the tent. You could get a more powerful light, but you might not be able to use the extra power and the return on investment might be trivial. So, if you haven't grown a crop yet, I recommend you do that before investing in a different light.

If you do change, I recommend getting a light that is compatible with your controller.
this info is great dude thankyou, i am currently running my first crop (week 4 flower) using the ionboard s33 :)

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

Go with that!
ill check them out thankyou

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

Go with that!
are the evo lights compatible with the ac controller 69?

Newty

Newty

are the evo lights compatible with the ac controller 69?
Yes they will be.

Controller 69 will work with most lights with the correct AC Infinity RJ11 adapter. I use 2 Controller 69s, 1 is controlling 2 Vivson VS4000 and the other a Spider Farmer SE4500.
Best part is, the lights themselves only have 4 levels of dimming and with the Controller 69 there's 10 levels of dimming, 6 additional levels!!!

N

Natep

Yes it is comparable with the model 69. You can also use the sunrise feature that will gradually increase the light each morning.

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

Yes they will be.

Controller 69 will work with most lights with the correct AC Infinity RJ11 adapter. I use 2 Controller 69s, 1 is controlling 2 Vivson VS4000 and the other a Spider Farmer SE4500.
Best part is, the lights themselves only have 4 levels of dimming and with the Controller 69 there's 10 levels of dimming, 6 additional levels!!!
oh wow thats awesome that the features still work with other lights thanks buddy! ill look into grabbing one of those RJ11 adapters

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

Yes it is comparable with the model 69. You can also use the sunrise feature that will gradually increase the light each morning.
thanks pal, yes i have seen that sunrise feature but decided not to use it, I may look into it for next run!

Newty

Newty

thanks pal, yes i have seen that sunrise feature but decided not to use it, I may look into it for next run!
You can use the Sunrise/sunset feature with the Controller 69 with pretty much any light.
I use it with my lights, usually in 5 min increments. So if I have my light set to 6 of 10, I set the duration to 30 minutes. When light comes on, it will start at level 1 and increase 1 level every 5 minutes until my light level of 6. At the end of the light cycle, 30 minutes before lights out it will lower 1 level every 5 minutes until light is off.
I use the feature more to slowly ramp up my light, I would think slowly coming on would be less stressful then it coming on all at once.

N

Natep

You can use the Sunrise/sunset feature with the Controller 69 with pretty much any light.
I use it with my lights, usually in 5 min increments. So if I have my light set to 6 of 10, I set the duration to 30 minutes. When light comes on, it will start at level 1 and increase 1 level every 5 minutes until my light level of 6. At the end of the light cycle, 30 minutes before lights out it will lower 1 level every 5 minutes until light is off.
I use the feature more to slowly ramp up my light, I would think slowly coming on would be less stressful then it coming on all at once.
You cannot use this feature if using the uis plug. The other adapters you can.

H

hawkman

By far Infinity has/is the best grow tent series - all their equipment is quality rated - their "Germination Dome Kit" is the best product for germination

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
i have seen that sunrise feature but decided not to use it, I may look into it for next run!
I'm using the sunrise & sunset feature. It's hard to tell if it matters. It's currently flowering at level 8 with a 30-minute transition. The plant is healthy and flowering well.

Top Bottom