Seems like a big MMJ story to me

• Thread starter lino
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lino

lino

I deleted names from this file because of a post I responded to that seems to be gone: more at the bottom about that.
I have not found anything on the news media about this does anyone have details. I watched the 10pm
news, fox 31 and 9 news. If this is true it would appear to be one one of the biggest MMJ stories in a long time but no mention.
Can anyone confirm this: ? More details please.

JEFFERSON COUNTY JURY ACQUITS MEDICAL
MARIJUANA CAREGIVER FOR 140 MARIJUANA PLANTS
PLANTS, 2.5 POUNDS, FOR THREE PATIENTS
Defendant ******** will pick up Marijuana at 12:00 Noon, Monday,
April 30, 2012, Adams County Sheriff, 4201 E. 72^nd Ave., Commerce City
April 30, 2012, Golden, CO: Late Thursday, a Jefferson District Court
jury of twelve citizens delivered a “not guilty” verdict in the felony
criminal trial of _People v. *********_, Jefferson District Case No.********
This email message above was forwarded to me from a friend. My friend got this email from an arch rival to some members of this site. I inquired about this person to find out the truth and our posts disappeared. Leaving just rumor and gossip posts about this person on this site.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
There was a Caregiver in Adams County who beat the case a couple months back. Sounds similar. Guy had over a hundred plants, but he had REAL PATIENTS WHO WERE REALLY SICK, and the jury was sympathetic and let him walk. He took it to trial, and it probably cost him 20K, but he beat the charge.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Here is the story. This is from Tipton's email blog, he has sent some fake stories, but this one looks real.

***MEDIA ADVISORY***

*JEFFERSON COUNTY JURY ACQUITS MEDICAL *
*MARIJUANA CAREGIVER FOR 140 MARIJUANA PLANTS*

*PLANTS, 2.5 POUNDS, FOR THREE PATIENTS*
*/Defendant Josh Jones will pick up Marijuana at 12:00 Noon, Monday,
April 30, 2012, Adams County Sheriff, 4201 E. 72^nd Ave., Commerce City/*

_April 30, 2012, Golden, CO_: Late Thursday, a Jefferson District Court
criminal trial of _People v. Josh Jones_, Jefferson District Case No.
11CR322.

Mr. Jones’ lead defense lawyer Robert J. Corry, Jr., said “This case
reiterates the principle that a Medical Marijuana caregiver can
cultivate or possess as much marijuana as is medically-necessary for his
patients. The verdict should lay to rest the frequently repeated legal
fiction that a caregiver or patient is strictly limited to six plants
and two ounces of medicine.”

Mr. Jones was charged with “Felony Cultivation of Marijuana” and “Felony
Possession of Marijuana” stemming from his indoor medical marijuana
garden in Westminster, Colorado. In January 2011, sixteen SWAT officers
and eight detectives from the North Metro Drug Task Force broke into Mr.
Jones’ home, and counted an alleged 140 marijuana plants and confiscated
approximately 2.5 pounds.

The trial first ended in a mistrial in February due to the Drug Task
Force withholding police reports. It is estimated that the cost to
Colorado taxpayers of bringing this prosecution exceeded $100,000.00.
"I had the sense that the jurors believed it was a waste of time for the
District Attorney to bring this case," said Corry, "I cannot say I
disagree."

(Although the case was tried in Jefferson County, the evidence was held
by Adams County Sheriff because the North Metro Drug Task Force was
involved.)

Contact: Robert J. Corry, Jr., Attorney at Law, 600 – 17^th Street,
Suite 2800 South, Denver, CO 80202; *303-634-2244* office,
*720-629-7112* cell, [email protected]

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Pretty sure there is a video of the caregiver and Rob Corry getting back the moldy, dried-out "medicine" from the police station/court house on youtube.

lino

lino

Thanks for the info. No mention on from any news network. News media stories sure are quick to show up when your busted.

putembk

putembk

It cost the tax payers $100,000 prosecute this case. I wonder how much Josh Jones spent defending himself. I think the state should have to pay for his defense. Not only did he loose his 2.5 lbs you know he spent close to $20,000 trying to keep himself out of jail. Doesn't seem fair that the rogue cop or cops not only get paid to bust Jones they walk away free of any loss of $$ for costing the taxpayers a hundred grand.

lino

lino

It cost the tax payers $100,000 prosecute this case. I wonder how much Josh Jones spent defending himself. I think the state should have to pay for his defense. Not only did he loose his 2.5 lbs you know he spent close to $20,000 trying to keep himself out of jail. Doesn't seem fair that the rogue cop or cops not only get paid to bust Jones they walk away free of any loss of $$ for costing the taxpayers a hundred grand.
Call Rob Cory ph and get a quote. You'll be shocked to find out $20,000 might be a good starting payment. No Metro gang knows this so they'll blow up house if you got no cash. They're raiding more than we realize.

lino

lino

In Colorado a court house you're a dope growing Felon or
Josh Jones - Rob Cory, stand for American Freedom ! Thank you !

lino

lino

2 - 4 years in prison with no income while incarcerated. I'm guessing, mom & dad put up a loan, maybe Josh got a 2nd mort loan on a house, maybe he is a trust fund baby whatever, I'll bet he had to risk it all. Charges pending for over a yr , so I'll bet his income has been cut off also. I'm Guessing at one point, does Josh accept the plea, 2 years probation (probably felony probation) with deferred or continue with no income and needing another Big loan to continue with 2nd trial ? Lets not forget about North Metro Gang, if Josh was home- he was cuffed and Ill bet taken to jail and needed a $3000 - $10000 bond ($10000 bond on home might make it Non 2nd loanable). If Josh wasnt home and someone tips you about thier arrival and you set them up, NMG, or people see NMG coming on their security cam and they bolt out the backdoor and escape with route prePlanned you still loose cause now you get holes in frt door, walls, car interior, garage rail are dangerously damaged water pipes will be leaking (get home as soon as its safe, DO NOT USE THE GARAGE DOOR! LOOK IN THE TRUNK OF CARS- BOTTLES OF FLUID WILL HAVE HOLES IN THEM!) , car and interior doors will have hinge problems, light fixture in the walls and ceilings are removed with pry bars, energy drink bottles, blue rubber gloves and urine (piss) left on pile of cloths and torn family pics. Oh and this amazing sticky stuff that ruins your security system recordings. Email security, cops arent completely stupid, Your internet is shut down/intercepted for their arrival and used in court against you (look for a foxtrot in your wireless network). Now whatever damages Josh got if he were home or not so lets assume some have been repaired. He gets home after court pull's a cpl tubes or maybe rolls a fatty with friends and ponders :

How do I come up with a $150 / hour to sue them clean cut American police officers, NEXT thought their untouchable, maybe the city, state, huh. Lets hope he has some cash left. I think you have 1 year to sue buddy.

Anyone know a Lawyer that will sue on contingency
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

putembk

putembk

Unfortunately I don't think any decent lawyer will take a case like this on a contingency basis. A case like this will take years to settle and lots of attention. The state would again use taxpayers $$ and wouldn't settle so it would cost both sides lots of $$$. Like you said lino Josh is probably drained bot mentally and monetarily and probably just wants to get on with his live. Unfortunately the old saying applies here "YOU CAN'T SUE CITY HALL".

lino

lino

RJC-Logo.jpg

W

whiteboy5107

I deleted names from this file because of a post I responded to that seems to be gone: more at the bottom about that.
I have not found anything on the news media about this does anyone have details. I watched the 10pm
news, fox 31 and 9 news. If this is true it would appear to be one one of the biggest MMJ stories in a long time but no mention.
Can anyone confirm this: ? More details please.

JEFFERSON COUNTY JURY ACQUITS MEDICAL
MARIJUANA CAREGIVER FOR 140 MARIJUANA PLANTS
PLANTS, 2.5 POUNDS, FOR THREE PATIENTS
Defendant ******** will pick up Marijuana at 12:00 Noon, Monday,
April 30, 2012, Adams County Sheriff, 4201 E. 72^nd Ave., Commerce City
April 30, 2012, Golden, CO: Late Thursday, a Jefferson District Court
criminal trial of _People v. *********_, Jefferson District Case No.********
This email message above was forwarded to me from a friend. My friend got this email from an arch rival to some members of this site. I inquired about this person to find out the truth and our posts disappeared. Leaving just rumor and gossip posts about this person on this site.
To clear few things up.... We called news channels apparently they chose not to cover the story but it is definitely real. To clear few things up my patients are REAL and SICK also NO I am not a trust fund baby and NO my resources are not dried up. Sorry to all the taxpayers but yes I will b filing a lawsuit for the damages lawyer fees ruined meds ect....... Renegade cops should and will have to answer for there lack of real police work. Fight for your freedom even if it costs everything!!!

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

To clear few things up.... We called news channels apparently they chose not to cover the story but it is definitely real. To clear few things up my patients are REAL and SICK also NO I am not a trust fund baby and NO my resources are not dried up. Sorry to all the taxpayers but yes I will b filing a lawsuit for the damages lawyer fees ruined meds ect....... Renegade cops should and will have to answer for there lack of real police work. Fight for your freedom even if it costs everything!!!
Awesome, thanks for manning up, putting your cash and your ass on the line, and holding these rogue pigs accountable for their actions. The CO MMJ community owes you a huge debt of gratitude. Best of luck with you civil suit. Please keep us posted.

lino

lino

No insults intended, infact maybe a little envy, congrats on your case! I was with Rob yesterday, ran into your your father at Starbuchs, seemed like a cool guy. Rob says thanks to your dad, that was pretty cool of him. Good luck on the law suit. I hope you have the liberty to let us know how the law suit goes.

W

whiteboy5107

No insults intended, infact maybe a little envy, congrats on your case! I was with Rob yesterday, ran into your your father at Starbuchs, seemed like a cool guy. Rob says thanks to your dad, that was pretty cool of him. Good luck on the law suit. I hope you have the liberty to let us know how the law suit goes.
Oh ok cool sorry I get a lil touchy when words like "trust fund baby" get thrown around lol Thanks for the support. Yea crazy how small a world we live in running into people at one of 1,000,000 starbucks in state. Yea I hope Rob enjoys Bronco game should be fun. Thanks for the support and I will keep people posted as much as I can.

Top Bottom