Seen this potting soil at walmart today

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Has anyone used this brand of soil before I saw it at Wal-Mart it does not jave a npk
Seen  this potting soil at walmart today
Seen  this potting soil at walmart today 2
on it

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

With 80-90% peat you will need to mix in at least 20% more perlite for proper drainage. The professional hp bale has 70-80% peat. And could use more perlite sometimes.

and it will need fertilizer after the first week from seed.

SSgrower

SSgrower

I'll see if my Wallyworld has it, seems these stores are getting ready for a Senate "More Act" approval, go growers! Cheers.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

You could prolly build more dirt for less; buy up a few bails of peat, expand up some coco, mix well with pearlite and toss a bit o calcium carbonate in it and you have the same thing. They prolly used yucca as the wetting agent. That is a great base to start with tho, i would def put some good compost or EWC up in there as well as a shit load of amendments.

growsince79

growsince79

With 80-90% peat you will need to mix in at least 20% more perlite for proper drainage. The professional hp bale has 70-80% peat. And could use more perlite sometimes.

and it will need fertilizer after the first week from seed.

• Ideal for organic vegetables, herbs and fruits, grown indoors or outdoors, in a container or in ground
  • Organic fertilizer that gradually feeds plants for up to 3 months
  • OMRI-Listed for use in organic gardening
  • Contains MYCOACTIVE to stimulate vigorous growth and greater resistance

growsince79

growsince79

• Ideal for organic vegetables, herbs and fruits, grown indoors or outdoors, in a container or in ground
My store doesn't have it. Too much$$ to ship. Looks like good stuff.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

if they stil have it nexty we
My store doesn't have it. Too much$$ to ship. Looks like good stuff.
wal mart has it for 4.97 8 quart bags
when i get paid i might be me a bunch of it then. i been using fox farm ocean forest 30 dollars for 1.5 cubic feet i need to find out which would be the cheapest

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Where does it say that? Thats not the soil shown here? Thats the organic mix? Different product. And all these retail pro mix soils are lower quality than the professional bales. They use a better grade of peat and 2 kinds of lime for short and long term ph stability. All info on pthorticulture dot com.

0121F039 FB88 4627 857B 671C3B5C9292

growsince79

growsince79

Where does it say that? Thats not the soil shown here? Thats the organic mix? Different product. And all these retail pro mix soils are lower quality than the professional bales. They use a better grade of peat and 2 kinds of lime for short and long term ph stability. All info on pthorticulture dot com.

View attachment 1083132
walmart website.

growsince79

growsince79

you copied a different product then.
You are correct my bad. Here is the right one i think

About This Item
We aim to show you accurate product information. Manufacturers, suppliers and others provide what you see here, and we have not verified it.

With PRO-MIX, you can create beautiful flowers and herbs containers that you will be proud of This high-quality peat-based mix is perfect for all indoor and outdoor container planting, re-potting or seed starting. This potting soil provides the best results, thanks to PRO-MIX’s exclusive technology that stimulates stronger roots and provides healthier plants. It is enriched with plant food that gradually releases nutrients for bigger blooms and vibrant colors. You can also count on the natural coco fibre to increase moisture retention; therefore, you spend less time worrying to water your plants. This compressed pack contains 2 cu. ft. of ready-to-use mix in a recyclable bag, an ecological choice using 2x less bags. So you can enjoy gardening all year long!

• 1 cu. ft. Compressed Pack bag contains 2 cu. ft. of potting mix
  • Ready-to-use potting mix for a wide variety of indoor and outdoor potted plants
  • Exclusive technology With mycorrhizae for healthier and beautiful flowers and plants
  • Moisture control for optimal and necessary water retention and aeration.
  • No more over or under watering
  • Eco-choice packaging USES 2X LESS BAGS

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You are correct my bad. Here is the right one i think

About This Item
We aim to show you accurate product information. Manufacturers, suppliers and others provide what you see here, and we have not verified it.

With PRO-MIX, you can create beautiful flowers and herbs containers that you will be proud of This high-quality peat-based mix is perfect for all indoor and outdoor container planting, re-potting or seed starting. This potting soil provides the best results, thanks to PRO-MIX’s exclusive technology that stimulates stronger roots and provides healthier plants. It is enriched with plant food that gradually releases nutrients for bigger blooms and vibrant colors. You can also count on the natural coco fibre to increase moisture retention; therefore, you spend less time worrying to water your plants. This compressed pack contains 2 cu. ft. of ready-to-use mix in a recyclable bag, an ecological choice using 2x less bags. So you can enjoy gardening all year long!

• 1 cu. ft. Compressed Pack bag contains 2 cu. ft. of potting mix
  • Ready-to-use potting mix for a wide variety of indoor and outdoor potted plants
  • Exclusive technology With mycorrhizae for healthier and beautiful flowers and plants
  • Moisture control for optimal and necessary water retention and aeration.
  • No more over or under watering
  • Eco-choice packaging USES 2X LESS BAGS

i really was trying to mostly point out the low perlite content. It will drain poorly. I had to add perlite to my white 3.8 cf bale of pro mix hp and it is supposed to have twice as much as this product. And not to fall for the brand name as they use lower quality ingredients for walmart and home depot and the like. They call it the retail products.

growsince79

growsince79

i really was trying to mostly point out the low perlite content. It will drain poorly. I had to add perlite to my white 3.8 cf bale of pro mix hp and it is supposed to have twice as much as this product. And not to fall for the brand name as they use lower quality ingredients for walmart and home depot and the like. They call it the retail products.
Found it at a nearby store in stock for $12.88 2cuft. It might be worth a try adding perlite.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i have no problem with ff ocean forest i can get it 30 for 1.5 cf but i cant find any in any stores near me i want something i can buy local that does not cost more then ff

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

if i had not of purchased all this fertilizer for soil i would probably go to hydro

growsince79

growsince79

i have no problem with ff ocean forest i can get it 30 for 1.5 cf but i cant find any in any stores near me i want something i can buy local that does not cost more then ff
If I didnt already have plenty, I'd def buy that for the price and mix extra perlite. And I can get ffof for $20-21

quirk

quirk

Sphagnum peat moss is anti-microbial. Good and bad microbes. I wouldn't use it for organic grows, but with synthetic nutes, not a problem. Just anticipate deficiencies.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Quirk, What? Care to Elaborate on that statement? I buy CSPM all the time, green bails from Lowes and when you cut em open more often than not there is white fungal activity clearly visible to the eye. I am all outdoor all organic and i love CSPM.

Top Bottom