selecting og's to breed with...

• Thread starter slausongardens
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BUBBAKUSHKID

BUBBAKUSHKID

so let me get this...theres a og male? thats not posibe.. silverthiosulfate can produce hermy beans.. & even if you got a amazing gpheno that was better then the parent...it would be a hermy cross...no matter what....or corrct me if im wrong
i always thaught some one would crate a ibl of og.. useing a afghani male or some other stud.
and that after 7 or 8 generations of selective breeding, we would have a og in seed form/..
\is this possible../?

BUBBAKUSHKID

BUBBAKUSHKID

the problem with the hermy tendencies was the fact that we run a perpetual grow. if theres plants at week 3 in the room with 10 week buds that are throwin bananas, your gona have seed problems.. for most people getting a kush bean is a wonderful experiance, espesially from bagseeds..but profesional growers cant afford to have anything pollenated ..

so as for people getting s1s from bagseed, & then calling it ''such-n-such''OG.....theres no problem with that. its your rite..

its a great topic..cuz supposadly the og/chemo/diesel came from bagseed...
but was it a accidental pollenation(most likley)or a breeding project?????
so were they s1s??

funny story...when i met orgnkd, he had buba s1s. they were on cbay i belive..crazy prices they went for..well they were an accident..somehow a worklight got left on in a corner of a grow room & it wasnt even noticed till after the chop.. it was a huge room with so many plants , that when the nets went up, the plants werent accesable. so all the plants in that corner seeded themselves...he had lots of beans.. he sold them on cbay, & spred them out to the overgrow community & sfv...some phenos probly went on to become kush strains that are still on the streets today....i grew out lots of them.....we had always assumed the buba was a og hybrid.
so when i grew them i looked for the og pheno...but i never got one..probly cuz there not related.they were hella stable though.. 10 beans would grow at least 7.females. & 1/2 would be spot on...im pretty sure he even selected a new buba from that stock..

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

If you do some research you could figure out how to grow hermaphrodites with out growing the bananas.... The Naners come out when you piss the plant off. Plus once they so grow Naners pullem or you could risk it and learn more about them and only grow out the ones that have no pollen or the ones that don't have viable pollen... I mean if you set your mind to it mj's next move, the plant is versitile and on ther hand she can be a finicky bia.

S

smoketrees

so let me get this...theres a og male? thats not posibe.. silverthiosulfate can produce hermy beans.. & even if you got a amazing gpheno that was better then the parent...it would be a hermy cross...no matter what....or corrct me if im wrong
i always thaught some one would crate a ibl of og.. useing a afghani male or some other stud.
and that after 7 or 8 generations of selective breeding, we would have a og in seed form/..
\is this possible../?

i dont consider STS reversals hermie crosses. What you talked about with OrGnKiD and his bubba s1's. Those are hermy crosses. At least in my eyes. Stressed induced pollen doesnt produce the same results as STS or CS reversed pollen. I have made, and grown several STS reversed strains, and havent had any hermy problems.
there are a few breeders who have worked some og males. Some do it much better than others. Rare Dankness seems to have done a good job at working a OG male. I believe they alternated between Ghost, TK, and Face Off OG for there backcrosses. I wish i had the time and space to work a good og into seed form just to be able to have a bad ass og stud

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

i dont consider STS reversals hermie crosses. What you talked about with OrGnKiD and his bubba s1's. Those are hermy crosses. At least in my eyes. Stressed induced pollen doesnt produce the same results as STS or CS reversed pollen. I have made, and grown several STS reversed strains, and havent had any hermy problems.
there are a few breeders who have worked some og males. Some do it much better than others. Rare Dankness seems to have done a good job at working a OG male. I believe they alternated between Ghost, TK, and Face Off OG for there backcrosses. I wish i had the time and space to work a good og into seed form just to be able to have a bad ass og stud

I'm with Smoketrees on this one.. It really depends on the reversal process and the plant used.. I've ran many of OGR's Fem crosses and not a single herm.. On the other hand i have seen more herms from regular male female crosses.. Its all about what mom you use or select to reverse, if she is a known stable chick then the reversed crosses will more than likely not have herm issues..

I have one DOC's og in flower now and I can say Rare Dankness is working with some fire, expect to see the next generation of improved OGs that will keep it going for another 10+ years.. I believe they have 3 og males they are working with and so far I've seen nothing but great results, it seems like moonshine did an outstanding job back crossing and keeping it within the OG fam the results speaks from themselves.. I'm pretty sure his male consists of Ghost Og X Chem, then Back crossed to Ghost then Back crossed to The TK cut 2 times..
Their DOC's OG is a cross of Faceoff OG cut to the above Male..

N

nightmarecreature

I'm throwing out some random tid bits.

The Riddler OG is from PO. The Riddler OG is the POWER cut renamed AKA PO#1. Sin City uses the Power cut in their Blue Power. It's PO's best cut. BTW PO's Blue Dream is not one of their fake cuts. Their Chemdog D,Tahoe,Fire cut is fake for sure.

RD has some good stuff. Just to let people know there are two Faceoff cuts. The Original Faceoff cut from the late 90's and the S1's that the Docta popped.

I have the Woody OG, Legend OG, Power but I have not run them yet. I should have the High Octane cut soon that I want to add to that list. Another excellent OG is Martian OG kush if you can find it!

Don't waste your time with the SAC cut! The SAC #1 &2 suck ass for OG's. The SAC#3 is worth holding onto because it's the original Purple Kush.

This is my list of favorite OG's, all original clone only! The Faceoff and Skywalker being my favorite. The Faceoff for the Face numbness and the Skywalker for insomnia.
Faceoff OG
Skywalker OG
Tahoe OG
Poison OG
Ghost OG
Private Reserve OG (This one being the only one I don't have.) (My friend has it if I want it.)

I can't wait to see how the Woody,Legend and High Octane smoke!

N

nightmarecreature

I'm still waiting on the BTY AKA High Desert OG. I have to wait longer because they screwed up on their part and they can't verify the cut I gave them yet. I mean someone is going to leak that cut eventually. It's an excellent pain med. Probably the best pain med with the biggest yield. It's a real functional pain med where if you had to you could go grocery shopping on it or whatever you needed to do.

N

nightmarecreature

Does anyone have any problems with the Original Tahoe? My Tahoe is about the slowest vegging strain I have ever seen, much worse than even GSC.

soserthc1

soserthc1

I'm throwing out some random tid bits.

The Riddler OG is from PO. The Riddler OG is the POWER cut renamed AKA PO#1. Sin City uses the Power cut in their Blue Power. It's PO's best cut. BTW PO's Blue Dream is not one of their fake cuts. Their Chemdog D,Tahoe,Fire cut is fake for sure.

RD has some good stuff. Just to let people know there are two Faceoff cuts. The Original Faceoff cut from the late 90's and the S1's that the Docta popped.

I have the Woody OG, Legend OG, Power but I have not run them yet. I should have the High Octane cut soon that I want to add to that list. Another excellent OG is Martian OG kush if you can find it!

Don't waste your time with the SAC cut! The SAC #1 &2 suck ass for OG's. The SAC#3 is worth holding onto because it's the original Purple Kush.

This is my list of favorite OG's, all original clone only! The Faceoff and Skywalker being my favorite. The Faceoff for the Face numbness and the Skywalker for insomnia.
Faceoff OG
Skywalker OG
Tahoe OG
Poison OG
Ghost OG
Private Reserve OG (This one being the only one I don't have.) (My friend has it if I want it.)

I can't wait to see how the Woody,Legend and High Octane smoke!
Well I can say that the High Octane is the first tree that has actually made me a little dizzy trying to get thru a joint , it is currently my go to tree , when i wanna get comatose and its not straight High Octane either it is the Evil k but a heavy hitter for sure .... I would recommend you follow thru with that HO as mixed with some others could create something special IMHO

EVOKE

EVOKE

I'm still waiting on the BTY AKA High Desert OG. I have to wait longer because they screwed up on their part and they can't verify the cut I gave them yet. I mean someone is going to leak that cut eventually. It's an excellent pain med. Probably the best pain med with the biggest yield. It's a real functional pain med where if you had to you could go grocery shopping on it or whatever you needed to do.
By any chance do you know the genetics of the bty....

Burning Bush

Burning Bush

Ya know,the regions on earth where all the great strains came from,all had hermos pollinate the crops sometimes;esspecially Thai and Afghan,really ensures a high female population,naturally I guess.
but a pro needs to find a solid female,I agree,but,surprises usually ensure a strains future.

N

nightmarecreature

Good info!

The BTY didnt smoke like an OG to me. I find the OG high to start off heady and then hit the body. The BTY goes straight to the body.

EVOKE

EVOKE

I think the peeps that grow the BTY harvest it to early.... i looked at the trichs and their mostly clear... maybe 65-67 days would be prime....i know their chopping it around 58-60... its great smoke the taste is yum but i think my cookies is stonier....

Top Bottom