• Thread starter Burned Haze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Sell previous Hoods and get DE? 15 old vs 10 DE

• Total voters
B

Burned Haze

Few things to keep in mind.

-When DE's are overclocked AMP draw will be 5.2, a standard controller will not work, unless you over size it.

-NEVER trust what is written on a manufacturer's website

-Please read through @Billyboat newest grow log

-Which bulb is in your fixtures? Nano or Ushio?

Thanks for the valuable info!
And To answer a few :)

* well I will only run 12 lights or keep the watts at 1000w

*nano bulbs

B

Burned Haze

Would this work ?I saw on anther thread that this company makes fully compliant parts
Compared to a lot of others .

would this work? (2) of these

http://www.wattstopper.com/products/lighting-control-panel-systems/contractor-panels/lp8.aspx

Or this , 24 light controller cause I do not see a 16 light one .

http://www.wattstopper.com/products/lighting-control-panel-systems/peanut-panels/lp24.aspx#Documents

For w/e reason their prices aren't stated and u can't buy from them cause their page isn't there lol.

Suggestions and tips for what brand that will work on my nano's safely would be deeply appreciated .

Kurtimas

Kurtimas

I'm running two separate rooms with 30x 1000w d/e in each room, both powered by solistek ballasts and gavita bulbs in one room and solistek in another room.
Hoods are Sun Systems, and honestly I love them.. they do great work. I personally think if you will love D/E hoods over raptor hoods without a question.
And personally, I think the Solis-tek bulb outperforms the gavita d/e bulb.

20141126_153257.jpg

20141206_141915.jpg

DapperDon

DapperDon

Nice setup but I happen to think that solis tek is a rather dishonest company with regards to their tech from a marketing perspective. Gavita has beaten them test after test, but your setup is nice.

Kurtimas

Kurtimas

Nice setup but I happen to think that solis tek is a rather dishonest company with regards to their tech from a marketing perspective. Gavita has beaten them test after test, but your setup is nice.

I won't argue that fact one bit, from what I understand Gavita is a great company.

dakinelove

dakinelove

Solistek runs at 105kHz but only pushes the wattage to something like 1050-1100 so they have designed their bulbs to work on their stuff. Gavita runs around 85kHz and their bulb is designed to run at that frequency. So that's probably why you're seeing the difference when you match bulb to ballast with Solistek. What sucks is their stuff doesn't play nice with others. They make it hard to buy anything but their stuff.

DapperDon

DapperDon

Solistek runs at 105kHz but only pushes the wattage to something like 1050-1100 so they have designed their bulbs to work on their stuff. Gavita runs around 85kHz and their bulb is designed to run at that frequency. So that's probably why you're seeing the difference when you match bulb to ballast with Solistek. What sucks is their stuff doesn't play nice with others. They make it hard to buy anything but their stuff.
Yep, that is their whole marketing gimmick and why you need 430 of their "special bulbs for each phase of growth" horseshit. The sun doesn't change goddamned bulbs. Full spectrum or GTFO! hehehe.

nazarbattu

nazarbattu

Is the their a light company from reef tanks industry? Maybe there is a link between season and Kelvins the same way spectrum and water depth correlate?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I use those Watt Stopper controllers and they work great plus they are UL rated and will pass local electrical inspections. Titan controllers are the only other controller UL rated right now, so if you are subject to local building and electrical inspections take note.

Kurtimas, if your subject to city inspections, those nylon ratchet hangers on your hoods won't pass a NEC 410 inspection. So be aware because it is real specific on how you have to hang luminaires

B

Burned Haze

Update!
Upgraded finally to 320Amp Service: (2) Helios 7's controllers mounted outside the room

Heat Questions! ( AC OR FRESH)
Room Specs:
15.5ft wide
30ft Long
10ft Tall
---
10 nanolux's

Would this work in the Specs?
The main thing i want to highlight is I only grow from late fall to mid spring and I would grow at night.

I'm going to ether buy a 3-5 TON mini-split AC or try to figure out a better solution that would reduce the watts but also keep it simple ( Love some suggestions! and other options)

NON AC plan: 2 ducting (10inch) and have the ducting on a temp/humd-probe system where the ceiling-removal ( with a shroom filter). 2nd ducting ( separate temp probe) for bring in fresh air. The negative to this besides relying on outside temps is that I would have to buy a better dehumidifier, And if i went this way i would go quest 105 (2)

B

Burned Haze

^@
It ranges from 10-40f depending on what part of the year .

If air directly to room is not optional cause to cold ? I have a side drying room that is 12-15 ft wide and 25ish long ? I will spec it out later ( two 8 foot built In Drying racks ) that I could use as a lung room after some modification . Make it so the fresh air isn't so direct cold before put into the room ?

Top Bottom