Seltzer Water for Co2 enrichment

• Thread starter LexLuthor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

no worries bro, u have to admit that comments is funny as hell.

when i was a kid we came up poor my mom would buy me swapmeet pants wit rips n iron patches in place n send me to school, i was into everything running, climbing n fighting my shoes would rip n get wet n i would still have to rock them stinky shit 4 a min till it was time 4 new 1's. i remember when tacobell had a sale/deal on tacos on sundays n wensdays 29 cents n 39 cents we would go after church n " DO IT BIG" with 20-30 tacos LOL. so u can c why i busted my ass laughing, it's ku tho those tuff times made me what i am today n i no longer have fucked up shoes:).

common sense says it will work, it's jus a matter of how good

I dig stories like this- how we grew up shapes us in so many ways.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

no worries bro, u have to admit that comments is funny as hell.

when i was a kid we came up poor my mom would buy me swapmeet pants wit rips n iron patches in place n send me to school, i was into everything running, climbing n fighting my shoes would rip n get wet n i would still have to rock them stinky shit 4 a min till it was time 4 new 1's. i remember when tacobell had a sale/deal on tacos on sundays n wensdays 29 cents n 39 cents we would go after church n " DO IT BIG" with 20-30 tacos LOL. so u can c why i busted my ass laughing, it's ku tho those tuff times made me what i am today n i no longer have fucked up shoes:).

common sense says it will work, it's jus a matter of how good

Yeah it was funny, I remember when I was a kid my mom would take us to the thrift store to buy clothes and a kid from church saw me. That next sunday he asked why I was at a thrift store, I'm like "to by pants, duh" lol because I thought it was normal. Growing up poor IMO builds character if you have a positive outlook on life. We used to go to Taco Bell after church too, thats funny as hell.

Anyways, back on topic.....I think ttystikk is on point with his assessment, it probably won't do much of anything, especially because I'm using a decent sized room so the majority of the Co2 will dissipate into the air.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I have used soda water as a co2 supplement for years in all of my gardens and do see improvement in performance of the plants. Have NEVER foliar sprayed it as it is inviting is various issues in the function of the leaves. I slowly let it gulp-gulp out of the bottle as i water it in. Have used it on a variety of plants outdoors in high altitude and actually produced heartier fruits and vegetables using this method. As an ideal environment is being created indoors, the benefits of using a tank is far more efficient. However, there is something to be said for 88 cent soda as a sparsely administer supplement.

Yes. Just open it toward the bottom of the plant and apply it around the base, allowing it to fizz up on top of the soil. Have used it on a variety of things as I was a sea level gardener who moved to 8K. HUGE difference in my vegetable, floral, and medicinal gardens. So, I tried it, noticed a difference. This is a supplemental and not to be overly used. But, from time to time, they seemed like they were choking to breathe. It's more akin to a human visiting an oxygen bar than to being hooked up to a machine that keeps you in good supply. But, just like my grandma at altitude, the plants do benefit from that little boost to their system.

You know, I put a lot of stock in people's actual, OBSERVED results. When you say you've done it and seen what you feel are beneficial results, that's enough for me to re-assess and want a closer look. After all, CO2 likes to stay close to the ground, and carbonated water does take awhile to go flat...

Now... how would one go about designing an experiment to see if and how much seltzer water might help growth? And why it might be helping more than just using water under the same conditions?

ttystikk

ttystikk

Lex above asked about more info on VPD, so I'm including some here:

VPD

Damn. It seems Max Yield has reworked their site and now my link to the VPD article I got this chart from is dead. Anyway, the chart above does a great job of illustrating the relationship between temperature and humidity when trying to maximize growth.

For example; a CO2 augmented sealed growroom might be 83 degrees F, and 70% RH. That sounds high until you look at the VPD chart and notice that's actually a bit low! The idea is to give the plants enough humidity so that they can open their stomata and maximize their uptake of CO2 without wilting.

Among other things, what this chart says is that if you don't boost your growroom's RH when you augment CO2, you may well be wasting your money.

ttystikk

ttystikk

This VPD chart will also help people understand where Squiggly is coming from in the 'Potency Theories' thread. I'll post it there, as well.

For background, he had made a point about genetics and environment being inseparable; you can't grow without both.

Latest posts

Top Bottom