Senators Demand the Military Lock Up American Citizens

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Senators Demand the Military Lock Up American Citizens in a “Battlefield” They Define as Being Right Outside Your Window

While nearly all Americans head to family and friends to celebrate Thanksgiving, the Senate is gearing up for a vote on Monday or Tuesday that goes to the very heart of who we are as Americans. The Senate will be voting on a bill that will direct American military resources not at an enemy shooting at our military in a war zone, but at American citizens and other civilians far from any battlefield — even people in the United States itself.

Senators need to hear from you, on whether you think your front yard is part of a “battlefield” and if any president can send the military anywhere in the world to imprison civilians without charge or trial.

The Senate is going to vote on whether Congress will give this president—and every future president — the power to order the military to pick up and imprison without charge or trial civilians anywhere in the world. Even Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) raised his concerns about the NDAA detention provisions during last night’s Republican debate. The power is so broad that even U.S. citizens could be swept up by the military and the military could be used far from any battlefield, even within the United States itself.

The worldwide indefinite detention without charge or trial provision is in S. 1867, the National Defense Authorization Act bill, which will be on the Senate floor on Monday. The bill was drafted in secret by Sens. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) and John McCain (R-Ariz.) and passed in a closed-door committee meeting, without even a single hearing.

I know it sounds incredible. New powers to use the military worldwide, even within the United States? Hasn’t anyone told the Senate that Osama bin Laden is dead, that the president is pulling all of the combat troops out of Iraq and trying to figure out how to get combat troops out of Afghanistan too? And American citizens and people picked up on American or Canadian or British streets being sent to military prisons indefinitely without even being charged with a crime. Really? Does anyone think this is a good idea? And why now?

The answer on why now is nothing more than election season politics. The White House, the Secretary of Defense, and the Attorney General have all said that the indefinite detention provisions in the National Defense Authorization Act are harmful and counterproductive. The White House has even threatened a veto. But Senate politics has propelled this bad legislation to the Senate floor.

But there is a way to stop this dangerous legislation. Sen. Mark Udall (D-Colo.) is offering the Udall Amendment that will delete the harmful provisions and replace them with a requirement for an orderly Congressional review of detention power. The Udall Amendment will make sure that the bill matches up with American values.

In support of this harmful bill, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) explained that the bill will “basically say in law for the first time that the homeland is part of the battlefield” and people can be imprisoned without charge or trial “American citizen or not.” Another supporter, Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) also declared that the bill is needed because “America is part of the battlefield.”

The solution is the Udall Amendment; a way for the Senate to say no to indefinite detention without charge or trial anywhere in the world where any president decides to use the military. Instead of simply going along with a bill that was drafted in secret and is being jammed through the Senate, the Udall Amendment deletes the provisions and sets up an orderly review of detention power. It tries to take the politics out and put American values back in.

In response to proponents of the indefinite detention legislation who contend that the bill “applies to American citizens and designates the world as the battlefield,” and that the “heart of the issue is whether or not the United States is part of the battlefield,” Sen. Udall disagrees, and says that we can win this fight without worldwide war and worldwide indefinite detention.

The senators pushing the indefinite detention proposal have made their goals very clear that they want an okay for a worldwide military battlefield, that even extends to your hometown. That is an extreme position that will forever change our country.

Now is the time to stop this bad idea. Please urge your senators to vote YES on the Udall Amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act.

Learn more about detention: Sign up for breaking news alerts, follow us on Twitter, and like us on Facebook.

K

kolah

new world order ...full steam ahead, the bill of rights is dead.

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

I posted on my FB Wall that if this bill passes and is signed into law I am going to do something that I have for all my adult life been opposed to...

I will burn the American flag along with a copy of the US Constitution. I am a veteran and I will never salute the flag nor stand for the Star Spangled Banner and all the other crap. It's over if this passes.

Seamaiden knows how I've felt about flag burning, so she knows what this gesture means to me and I will do it.

If this bill passes and is signed into law...If you oppose this heinous law, then join me.

altimood

altimood

new world order ...full steam ahead, the bill of rights is dead.
Fuggin' A. This shit is getting out of control. These are Americans coming up with this legisltion?:sign0065: I'm with pinegrovedave on this one.

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

fuck meee

this shit is scary. why would they word it like that. the war on terror is a fuckin joke. im seriously thinking about moving....to another continent!

where did you get that info chickenman? id like to no more as it has a line in there about canadian and british streets as well

K

kolah

it didn't pass. but you can bet your ass it will be back on the tables again.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Funny how we did not hear about this much on mainstream news...

K

kolah

not a fuckin peep for the news companies who are run by the elitists. no surprise there.

D

DazedNconfussed

Marshall law and fema camps to come.....ive been hearing it for years.....seems like theyre trying to lay the ground work now.....but Obama has allready shown all he has to do is label you a terrorist and once he does you have no rights....

TortureKill

TortureKill

This is absolutely disgusting. When will people realize its not a war on terrorism, Its a war on the American Citizens. I really hope everyone stands up to this, and this shit isnt passed. There has to be a stopping point on removing Freedom and Democracy from this country under the guise of “Homeland, Security, and any other witty words they can come up with to change the appearances of what they are doing

Blaze

Blaze

it didn't pass. but you can bet your ass it will be back on the tables again.

An amendment that would have removed these sections did not pass. The bill itself is still in play and will likely become law by the end of the week.

P

paperplane

We are owned by the Rothchilds. Crazy times we are living in. Shit is so crazy now. Everything is sponsered by someone who has something to gain. Revolutions, Tea Party's, Occupy's and Regime changes who is funding? I know this is off subject but I still wonder why George Soros sponsered MMJ law reform and Prop215? Whats is his real motive? I can assure you its not about providing us with a cost effective safe natural medicine source.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Marshall law and fema camps to come.....ive been hearing it for years.....seems like theyre trying to lay the ground work now.....but Obama has allready shown all he has to do is label you a terrorist and once he does you have no rights....

That would be 'Martial Law', control/enforcement carried out by the military, something specifically prohibited under the Constitution.

Marshall, as in General George Marshall, was the unsung hero of the peace after WWII- because it was his idea to spend scarce American dollars right after that war to help rebuild the infrastructure and economies of the former Axis Powers (Germany, Japan and Italy) that led to those nations being among our most trusted allies ever since. If Gen. Marshall hadn't pushed Congress so hard to do that, we'd have been in yet another war within a decade, that time fought with nuclear weapons- and it doesn't matter who uses them, the outcome is bad for everyone.

He'd be spinning in his grave if he knew what's been done to his country in the name of 'freedom' and 'security'...

The sad truth is that Obama isn't to blame for most of this- he's really something of a figurehead, riding at the front of a massive train, on rails going where the banksters lay them. It takes a truly strong President to stand up and alter the course of history, and Mr. Obama has proven he's not up to the job. Too bad, I voted for him, hoping he'd have some balls.

Occupy Wall Street needs to get some organisation, or it will risk becoming irrelevant. Pretty much everwhere you look in this country, things are jacked up. Politics? Sure that's obvious. The economy? It's become a morass of competing subsidies, lobbied for by rich- yet greedy- corporations, because more is never enough. Foreign policy? The rest of the world privately shakes their head at these American bullies, so powerful yet so incredibly stupid and shortsighted.

We can pick on the Rothchilds, but they're just one of many players. Did you know that the richest 400 Americans earn more money than the lower paid half of our entire country COMBINED? Is it any surprise then that they've subsidized the Republican Party to dismantle our educational system so that people aren't well enough educated to realize what an outrage that statistic really is?

We have the highest rate of poverty in the industrialized world, the highest rate of incarceration, the highest rate of murder, the lowest education rates and we have made a mockery of our promises and our alliances around the world. better hope nobody comes up with a new nasty weapon, because we're living right where they'd aim it.

Does anyone know why Iran is developing nuclear weapons? To defend themselves from US! And considering our habit of shooting people first and justifying it later, can you really blame them?

Anyone want a little light reading, I have a list of books to share. Here's one to start; 'Confessions of An Economic Hitman', by John Perkins. This is how our foreign policy really operates, while the corporate news media distracts the American public with Brittney Spears, Lindsey Lohan and low speed chases. Corporate news media? Oh yeah; 'Bad News', by former CBS correspondent Tom Fenton. These guys are insiders- they know how it works.

convex

convex

Iran is building arms to defend against possible US advances ...

Russia is now mobilizing to fringe country borders, in response to the US armaments in Europe ...

Imagine if Russia or Iran decided to pass such an initiative ... would it be wrong or just their gawd givin' right to protect their interests and instill their beliefs on other soveriegn nations?

Fuck, hurry up and build your damned fences ... don't wanna bunch of 'Merican Illegals racing over the borders to escape your homeland stormtroopers with your army chasing after them.

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

As much as I think our current POTUS a loser....I'm praying for a veto. I really don't want to burn a flag (but I will...at the entrance of my county's court building).

Obama has gone on record against PATRIOT II...and then voted for it.
Obama has gone on record against FISA...and then voted for it.

Obama has threatened to veto this bill if passed by Congress...I'm hoping he breaks his pattern.

K

kolah

Thanks for correcting me, Blaze.

Obama is a proven liar. The majority of americans have no idea about this bill or it's relevance. ....and if it passes the OWS crowd will be first on the hit-list.

When will amerikans wake up???? sorry but it's too fucking late. Nazi germany right here in the dead USA. Hello FEMA camps.

hubcap

hubcap

I posted on my FB Wall that if this bill passes and is signed into law I am going to do something that I have for all my adult life been opposed to...

I will burn the American flag along with a copy of the US Constitution. I am a veteran and I will never salute the flag nor stand for the Star Spangled Banner and all the other crap. It's over if this passes.

Seamaiden knows how I've felt about flag burning, so she knows what this gesture means to me and I will do it.

If this bill passes and is signed into law...If you oppose this heinous law, then join me.

being a Marine veteran, I would have to say, I support this sentiment to a "T."

-cap

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I for one think it`s an great idea,except I think the military should lock up many of the Senators instead of the people! And while there at it,many of the Banking CEO`s as well!

Blaze

Blaze

Hah, that would be nice. I really hope Obama vetos this like he promised if it does pass but I am skeptical.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I for one think it`s an great idea,except I think the military should lock up many of the Senators instead of the people! And while there at it,many of the Banking CEO`s as well!

In reality our system is broken.Always has been.I do give that the Founding Fathers made a better system than the last but I would build on that. First off the ballence of powers between the three types of goverment is great but lacks the untimate of authority that it is ment to protect,the people! All Goverment workers,elected or not, are servents of the people and even though we have repersentation we should also have overriding power over All three branches of Goverment should we chose to excersise that power.Example veto by popular vote,and be able to put a up to vote by majority any law. We should also have authority as the people to vote laws in or out and that they be supreme to legislative laws.We should have the right to hire, fire,dismiss,or hold any member of our Goverment for trial on crimal charges while or after being in office (Including supreme justises).The congress would retain authority to impeach as well. Officers of the Goverment should not be lobbied! And never allowed more an ear than the people have that ellected them! Taxes should be flat and even for all rich or poor. Our Goverment should work for the people,all of them,not corperations and organisations!Our Goverment should not be spending on other nations but it`s own people who are free to donate to peoples of other countries as they will with there personal incomes.And we should not be the worlds police force trying to right all wrongs.Wars should be a last resort in a conflict or just self defience of our nation. They shouldn`t happen much at all . We should stay strong and ready but excersize great caution in becoming involved with our military.The fed should be disbanded and we should return to much more reformed laws regarding banking and the stock market.Limits should be set up as to the amount one should be able to lose or gain on investments in a short amount of time.This would give investers the chance to corect investments that effect the people such as 401k`s retirement funds ect. You can`t stop all mistakes but you should be able to slow the process and allow for more correction. Limits on gains would serve to flatten out the effect on speculations and how it unfairly swings values such as comodities needed by everday people.It would allow for fair gain but should guide stocks and bonds to be a more long term investing without the large swings. The Dallar should be returned to value backed currencey but not just to Gold but every type of comodity the Goverment holds such as food stocks,land,Gold (we`ve mountians of gold in our coffers even though it`s not used anymore to back our money)ect. most of our debit could also be paid off over time by the sells of surplus properties and comodities held by our Goverment.Example BLM.Much of the extra the Goverment holds should be sold back to it`s citizens to pay off the national debit and in truth we should even have a debit in the first place. I`m upset as hell that the money I payed into Social Security has been robbed by my Goverment! it should have been invested and be a large pool of income for seniors and the disabled who contributed to the fund! There are lots of other ideas out there as to what needs changed in our system and I don`t have all the answers but we as a people could build a better Goverment starting from the foundations our Fathers gave us. The best way to judge a Goverment is how well it serves it`s people and how free they are to go about there lives in persute of happyness. I think our Goverment has a lot of room to improve! I don`t think it is a lost cause though. I know this is kind of written as a rant,LOL but what you expect from this old stoner paragraphs or something?

Latest posts

Top Bottom