Sensi star?

• Thread starter zeke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zeke

zeke

The cut that I have is surely in my top five ever. I hit it with a resinous lemon skunk male and ran about ten. Very promising. Lots of Sensistar aroma. I hit a female of that with an Armagedon male. Here's one outside last year in Washington state. I'm gonna backcross the Sensistar Lemonskunk back on the Sensi star outside this summer.

e4ian

e4ian

SS - Great Strain ..Taste ABOUND & POWERFUL Efx

..Think the Term "Smells like Burning Rubber" Belongs to that NOT Stardog Illuminati

Last edited:
zeke

zeke

Mines more of a musky incense with lemon hash notes. It's very complex. Taste is almost sandalwood like. Love it for sure. The riot linebreed sensi star is nothing like my cut at all. His stuff was almost haze like.

F

friend

Some best smoke I have ever had from SF.
it's been a while since I have seen any sensi star, it reminded me of kind of a green GDP, it's been a while but,
the sensi star I was getting was semi fruity with a hashy
bottom and a clean relaxing high, almost like a haze, like
you said zeke.
zeke have you tried to S1 her ? Or S1 the white as a mate?
Thanks for sharing :cigar:

below frigid

below frigid

Sensi Star is definitely a Paradise creation. Was one of my favorites 10 or more years ago. Last time I aquired some seeds they only had the feminized version. That was 3 years ago. They were not the same.

zeke

zeke

They are not, unfortunately. Whoever lost the original parents should be publicly flogged. Doh! It probably would like the white but doesn't really need the help. It's stacked and chunky as it is. S1 needs to happen surely. I'm terribly lazy, though. I'll get the bx1 done sooner. I have been giving it out in Tacoma lately so maybe some less sloth-like grower will make use of her.

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Bumping this one cause I see a lot of "Sensi Star" being mentioned and re-hyped. Surprising, just another indica/afhanica-dom based on the same old stock. Too many different stories about its origins over the years... yet no mystery here where it came from. It's not unknown because it's from bag seed but undisclosed... Which should tell you something.

I can't even remember the last time I've seen sensi star in a coffeeshop. What's next, early pearl? :)

Anyway, that said:
http://www.gorilla-cannabis-seeds.co.uk/delta9labs/regular/super-star.html
Is sensi star x sensi star but supposedly more sativa dom. Regular though.

Or you could cross (Skunk #1 x NL) x afghani and get someting very similar (not like sensi star was stable...)

Or... Just buy Silver Pearl and breed in and select towards indica dom, or cross that with an afghani/indica-dom. Hashplant perhaps.

M

motz

I would pass on the Delta 9 Sensi Star gear, a buddy just got thru running the Hermie crap.
There was a preservation project going on. Had Paradises regulars they were old and he got 4 to pop and all 4 were girls, the luck aye.
Well we decided to go to possibly the next best thing, Delta 9. Looking for a male, the males were throwing female flowers.
Tried reversing one of the Paradises to no avail.
Oh well

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Fuck yes. Glad to see her name popping up. Sensi star is an amazing strain that you have to try to truly know why its so much better than most pot. Potent with a unique metallic taste is EXACTLY how i would describe it.

Haters gonna hate. GG4 is just a bag seed. A hermed one at that. Do yall consider it standing out amongst all these "elite" crosses to be a coincidence? Na. Sensi star is really just that unique and good.

zeke

zeke

I didn't make enough of the BC1 unfortunately. I think FS is still giving some away for freebies though. I'm working on the BC2 now. Still have the male(SSxLS) I used for the BC1 though so I'll make a ton more of those if I don't like the BC2. I'm also planning on using some original Paradise Sensi Star f2 pollen on my old cut to keep the line tight.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Not trying to troll or be rude, but why do you not trim off that cannibalized sugar leaf? Do you smoke it like that?

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

I didn't make enough of the BC1 unfortunately. I think FS is still giving some away for freebies though. I'm working on the BC2 now. Still have the male(SSxLS) I used for the BC1 though so I'll make a ton more of those if I don't like the BC2. I'm also planning on using some original Paradise Sensi Star f2 pollen on my old cut to keep the line tight.
I don't read good. My bad!

D

dirkdaddy

Hate to bump such an old thread, but its right on topic for me. Anyone grown sensi star from paradise recently? I grew some about a decade ago that was incredible and I'd like to spring for some seeds as I'm getting back into cultivating. But if the strain is markedly changed as many suggest then I won't bother. The feminized seeds are not cheap and I'd hate to waste a few months on a strain that isn't like I remember. There is not mistaking those burnt rubber, metallic, lemony notes from a real good strain of sensi star.

Maybe there are other strains that still hold these sensi star traits in a strong way?

B

barneyfife

metallic burnt rubber is the way i would describe her as well along with super frosty and real potent.
i also agree on the slow veg mine often times reminded me of mini heads of cabbage in veg lol.
i loved the plant wish i still had it. had 2 phenos 1 was pretty much a strait stalk with very little side branching the other was bushier with a lot of side branching this is the 1 i liked best. i shoot the shit a lot with the guys at my grow store and when they start talking about strains ive brought up the old sensi star a couple times.
telling them i would put it up against any of the og kushes out there for raw potency.
and mine you I'm not saying sensi star is going to beat any of the good og kush in flavor but in just raw potency alone i think it will most times the star was a skull dragger.
anyway as far as i know ps never told the make up of the strain always wanting to keep it in house secret.
which is to bad because also as far as i know 1 or both original parent plants were lost and i believe that to be the case.
cuz my first pack i got around 2000 or 2001 and like i said out of the whole pack every seed that germed was 1 of the 2 phenos i listed above and 9 of the 10 germed.
i also remember being worried cuz the seeds were light in color like immature but they were fine i guess 9 out of 10.
i still have people ask me about her to this day and i lost her in 2007. she was also one of those strains that if i carried 2-5gr in my pocket in a baggie people with in a 15 radius would smell me.
but anyway ive bought 3 packs over the years and i do believe 2 of those were before they were all fems and something is for sure not the same. its not the sensi star of old the plants look different and smell is way off to my nose all the phenos from the remake smell either fruity or like bug spray like that yard guard stuff you spray around your yard when your going to have a bbq cook out lol.
so ive given up pretty much on getting the real deal sensi star back. i don't know if hes still a member on here cuz i haven't been around in years. but there was a member with the nick name skunk master flex and in 1 of his threads from along time back he was talking about his vintage sensi star.
i tried PMing him about trade since were both in the same state never heard anything not even a fuck you bud. so that was the last time i gave a shot at getting her back in my garden.
hope you have better luck but don't bother with ps stock i don't think youll ever find the true vintage sensi star out of there stock.

D

dirkdaddy

Mine had similar growth patterns, it worked perfect for my SOG set up. Nice straight colas with little side branching. Stout plants too that got dense even under a 400hps.

To this day sensi star is the only pot I've smoked that will straight up mess up your day (in a good way). The high is so damn narcotic and couch-locky that you better not have anything important to do right after you smoke. I've smoked quite a bit of pot over the years and nothing has come close to what I was producing from SS, which is why even a decade later I am looking to get back to it. Breaks my heart I had to shut down and throw everything away those many years ago, even moreso now that I know SS is permanently changed.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

If people want legit sensi star regs google "pantagruelion seeds" its the fella who started this thread with a name change.

Gshell

Gshell

metallic burnt rubber is the way i would describe her as well along with super frosty and real potent.
i also agree on the slow veg mine often times reminded me of mini heads of cabbage in veg lol.
i loved the plant wish i still had it. had 2 phenos 1 was pretty much a strait stalk with very little side branching the other was bushier with a lot of side branching this is the 1 i liked best. i shoot the shit a lot with the guys at my grow store and when they start talking about strains ive brought up the old sensi star a couple times.
telling them i would put it up against any of the og kushes out there for raw potency.
and mine you I'm not saying sensi star is going to beat any of the good og kush in flavor but in just raw potency alone i think it will most times the star was a skull dragger.
anyway as far as i know ps never told the make up of the strain always wanting to keep it in house secret.
which is to bad because also as far as i know 1 or both original parent plants were lost and i believe that to be the case.
cuz my first pack i got around 2000 or 2001 and like i said out of the whole pack every seed that germed was 1 of the 2 phenos i listed above and 9 of the 10 germed.
i also remember being worried cuz the seeds were light in color like immature but they were fine i guess 9 out of 10.
i still have people ask me about her to this day and i lost her in 2007. she was also one of those strains that if i carried 2-5gr in my pocket in a baggie people with in a 15 radius would smell me.
but anyway ive bought 3 packs over the years and i do believe 2 of those were before they were all fems and something is for sure not the same. its not the sensi star of old the plants look different and smell is way off to my nose all the phenos from the remake smell either fruity or like bug spray like that yard guard stuff you spray around your yard when your going to have a bbq cook out lol.
so ive given up pretty much on getting the real deal sensi star back. i don't know if hes still a member on here cuz i haven't been around in years. but there was a member with the nick name skunk master flex and in 1 of his threads from along time back he was talking about his vintage sensi star.
i tried PMing him about trade since were both in the same state never heard anything not even a fuck you bud. so that was the last time i gave a shot at getting her back in my garden.
hope you have better luck but don't bother with ps stock i don't think youll ever find the true vintage sensi star out of there stock.

Top Bottom