Seraphim Returns With New Autos!

• Thread starter Seraphim19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Seraphim19

After looking at these photos a bit closer, I'm liking that Blue Blood more and more.. the growth on it is unreal, node spacing is super tight. Now is this because of your using the LED style lights or would it grow with the same vigor and style under a 400w hps. When she stretches, how far does she go usually, double or more like triple..? cheers m8te
To be completely honest mate I couldn't say what she would do under hps as I haven't used one for ages. I have been using LED's for about 6 years.

However here are a few of my strains currently being grown under hps and they are doing very well so I would expect similar results

Treacle 4.5 weeks old
Treacle 45weeks

Big daddy(left) and high octane(right) 4 weeks old
Big d and ho 4weeks

Big daddy 5 weeks
Big d 5 weeks

20131017 211349

20131017 211323

S

Seraphim19

In other news I have got an infestation of thrips which I have been trying to kill!

I will be updating this thread tomorrow with pics of the damage done.

north knect

north knect

In other news I have got an infestation of thrips which I have been trying to kill!

I will be updating this thread tomorrow with pics of the damage done.
Ouch!! Sorry to hear the mis fortune mate..aside from that your plants are unreal!! If u decide to drop some beans PM me first!!?? Lol happy farming :D

S

Seraphim19

Wasn't me who asked about the hps grows but hot dame!! That's wat I'm talking about!! Hard to tell the size but looks like a good 2.5oz dried harvest at least?? One question I do have is do u defoliate at all and when if so?

No I don't remove any leaves unless they are dead, I only lst and tuck the leaves so bud sites get direct light. Because of the limited lifecycle it is best to avoid all forms of stress, but if you prefer to trim your plants then I would recommend firstly that you trim her no more than twice, and secondly when you do trim her that you give her some root stimulator as this will de-stress her

Quagmire

Quagmire

I have a question for ya, not necessarily related to autos only but all of these wonderful plants.. at what stage do you harvest your plants and what do you use? Do you go simply by trichome condition? I know the 3: Clear= up high, Milky=relaxed day smoke, Ambering=end of day, can't get off the couch smoke.. I was just wondering what guidelines you use for what you consider the best high.. At times I've even harvest a single plant 2-3 times getting diff highs off each chop.. lol. I was just curious what you look for is all...thanks

Quagmire

Quagmire

That Treacle looks amazing.. looks like Hashplant. Nice bud to leaf ratio too.. as always thanks for sharing brother Seraphim

S

Seraphim19

I have a question for ya, not necessarily related to autos only but all of these wonderful plants.. at what stage do you harvest your plants and what do you use? Do you go simply by trichome condition? I know the 3: Clear= up high, Milky=relaxed day smoke, Ambering=end of day, can't get off the couch smoke.. I was just wondering what guidelines you use for what you consider the best high.. At times I've even harvest a single plant 2-3 times getting diff highs off each chop.. lol. I was just curious what you look for is all...thanks

I use two methods to decide when to harvest 1st being the state of the trichs and the second being leafs dying.

For trichs, I never harvest with clear trichs I always go for mainly cloudy with about 10% ambers. Its just the way I like it, but like you said its up to what effect you want as to when you harvest.

I use leafs dying for certain strains that don't amber up. for this method I wait until the plant has sucked all the goodness back out of the fan leaves and they are all yellow and dead or dying then I know it is ready.

S

Seraphim19

Update Time

Its time to show you how the plants are doing after being attacked by thrips. All things considered they are not doing too bad. The one thing I have noticed is the little ones took it the worst. very little growth and one nearly died, but now I have killed the thrips we should see a nice recovery.

First up is the British Blue Blood. She is 33 days old now
She needed a little LST as she was very dense
Here she is before the LST
20150212 152409

20150212 152327

20150212 152349

And after LST
20150212 170138

20150212 170158

20150212 170221

Next up is the two Special Reserves. They suffered and it is one of these that nearly died. if it was any strain other than Special Reserve I would have pulled it up and started another one. These are 18 and 15 days old
20150212 171824

20150212 171830

20150212 171837

20150212 171841

These ones are Sweet Talker. Once again very little growth. These ones are 15 days old.
20150212 171531

20150212 171558

20150212 171707

20150212 171717

This one is the Purple People Eater. She is 16 days old
20150212 171918

20150212 171930

Quagmire

Quagmire

OK m8tey, I gotta get me some of that British Blue Blood.. & love the LST you've done on her.. now I've truly fell in love with Auto's dude and want to prove all my friends wrong.. right now I've got this Bubblegun, NYCD F2 & Lemon Diesel F2's .. not tried the Diesels yet, next round maybe.. the Bubblegun finally started to tighten up and the leaf's are dying off as she starts to steal mobile nutrients and finishing up... buds are not super tight, but that was how my AK47 grew out too..
IMG 0049
IMG 0047
IMG 0057

S

Seraphim19

looking nice and sticky over there @Quagmire
I am just getting my pictures sorted and I will show you how the blue blood is looking now. she had a soil ph issue but she is bouncing back nicely

Quagmire

Quagmire

Be great to see some updates. Does the Blue Blood have Blueberry in her?? they can sure be finicky. Glad your getting things dialed in though. She sure looks lovely.. looking forward to seeing all the girls m8t

S

Seraphim19

An update was overdue so here goes.

I have had a few issues with this grow. I have got 4 grows going on at 4 different locations so getting round to them all while holding down a full time job and raising a family has gotten tricky and time consuming.
the guy I had looking after this grow between my visits went away for a week and forgot to tell me so when I came to see the plants I found them growing in dust and with nutrient lockout.

After a watering, I ph tested the soil and I found it was low, around 6. So I applied some lime and things are now getting back on track.

First up is the older and bigger Special Reserve. This one has got the leathery leaves I was looking for so I am going to reverse her using colloidal silver to make some personal fem seed(this will be documented in a new thread after this)
Here she is after her first spraying with the CS. she is 30 days old and showed sex at day 28
20150224 171620
20150224 171629
20150224 171639
20150224 171645

This one is Sweet Talker. She survived the low ph the best. There were 2 of these but one turned out to be a male so it was killed. This was the smaller of the 2. she is 27 days old
20150224 171719
20150224 171731
20150224 171744
20150224 171800

This one is the small Special Reserve apart from the ph issue she is recovering nicely she is 27 days
20150224 171828
20150224 171839
20150224 171909

This the British Blue Blood. She really suffered both from being dry and the dodgy ph. these pics were taken as I treated her. She is already looking much better now. she is 45 days old in these pics
20150224 172003

The LST worked a treat, lots of heads on this baby now.
20150224 172011
20150224 172021
20150224 172027

This one had some parts suffer from ph imbalance and other parts got away with it. here are 3 varying bud sites.

this one is at the centre and suffered badly.
20150224 172100
20150224 172107

This is at one side and is not too bad.
20150224 172117

This one is on the other side and was hardly affected at all.
20150224 172128

Overall I am happy that I caught the problems early, but I don't plan to make these mistakes again anytime soon!

I have added a 5 day old Big Daddy to the grow space to replace the Sweet Talker that was male, and I have just put down a Russian Dragon x Think Different gifted to me by a fellow breeder. These will be included in the next update and hopefully I will keep this thread going as a perpetual grow for a while.

I forgot to take pictures of the PPE so I will update that one next time too.

S

Seraphim19

Be great to see some updates. Does the Blue Blood have Blueberry in her?? they can sure be finicky. Glad your getting things dialed in though. She sure looks lovely.. looking forward to seeing all the girls m8t
Indeed it does sir!
DJ Short blueberry to be exact. I have been selecting this strain for size, structure, potency and that blueberry flavour.
I think she is just about ready. If all goes well, after this test I will be producing some feminised BBB seeds so everyone can get the chance to try her out.

north knect

north knect

Indeed it does sir!
DJ Short blueberry to be exact. I have been selecting this strain for size, structure, potency and that blueberry flavour.
I think she is just about ready. If all goes well, after this test I will be producing some feminised BBB seeds so everyone can get the chance to try her out.
I like the sounds of this..I was trying to find some dj blueberry (bb muffin pheno) to treat my anxiety..from wat I've read it's great for anxiety meds..was supposed to be gifted some dj bb x blockhead..gave the guy my info and they never showed..kinda sketched me out lol

Quagmire

Quagmire

What's the high like from this cross of BBB..? She looks very Sativa dominant and I usually don't care for the high related to a Sativa, especially with my nerve pain.. seems to increase the heart rate and thus, pain levels go up instead of down. Are there maybe diff pheno's and could find an Indica dom from this mix or is that just hoping against hope.. lol.

The one plant showing sex at day #28.. is that an Auto. Seems kind of long time to show sex, but then again, I"m a newbie to Auto's so she could just be on the later end of things.. mine showed at days #15-20.. just wondering how much this varies in the auto world.. thanks for the updates man, sorry to hear about your M8t taking off for a week without notice.. but it sure could of been worse huh? cheers bro..

Quagmire

Quagmire

I like the sounds of this..I was trying to find some dj blueberry (bb muffin pheno) to treat my anxiety..from wat I've read it's great for anxiety meds..was supposed to be gifted some dj bb x blockhead..gave the guy my info and they never showed..kinda sketched me out lol

If Anxiety is an issue with you then Indica is the right direction to look, but I'd stay away from anything that leans towards Sativa as I believe it would make your anxiety worse as Sativa tends to increase your heart rate.. let me look and see if I have any BB crosses ok.. always willing to share.
And we've all had peeps offer to send stuff, sometimes they forget but I feel ya, have had recent gifts not make it to me and it's not a good feeling huh? lol.. I"d rather hear they forgot then they sent it and never showed eh? cheers..

north knect

north knect

If Anxiety is an issue with you then Indica is the right direction to look, but I'd stay away from anything that leans towards Sativa as I believe it would make your anxiety worse as Sativa tends to increase your heart rate.. let me look and see if I have any BB crosses ok.. always willing to share.
And we've all had peeps offer to send stuff, sometimes they forget but I feel ya, have had recent gifts not make it to me and it's not a good feeling huh? lol.. I"d rather hear they forgot then they sent it and never showed eh? cheers..
Ya I defiantly can't handle the sattys much..my wifey loves them but I get all racey and brings on the anxiety more most of the times..would be wonderful to find a BB cross auto but any BB would be awsome :D..I bought a 10 pack from DP last season and had 8 males/one didn't pop and then one female I lost to mold..was kinda disappointing..I lost to much to mold last year :confused:

Quagmire

Quagmire

Mold....? Indoor or outside grows? I ask because I live in the tropics and know you have to add like 40% to your CFM rating on your exhaust fan to help fight humidity levels.. maybe your strain was just so dense it was bound to happen, but like yourself I lean towards Indica and have grown some big arse nugs so tight you could use as a hammer to drive nails and had no issues with mold..
I'll shoot ya a pm soon ok...

Top Bottom