• Thread starter greenjoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Joe,

If it is your hobby then you have nothing to lose. Sometimes your plants will thrive on neglect.

Dont stress homie. All in good time. I have been trying to build out a room and it has taken me nearly 5 months. I also have a career, and a GF, and those two alone will eat up all the time you have (especially the latter).

Anyway, winter is coming so your heat problems will be over soon enough.

greenjoe

greenjoe

ya....bad day yesterday....hey sometimes you have to vent......ok so res is dropped down to 20c.....vent problem is solved(for now) by lowering the ballasts power....and ph is 5.3.......they are looking better.....well better than they looked before...still not 100%......i will get there

Capulator...thanks

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
Joe,

If it is your hobby then you have nothing to lose. Sometimes your plants will thrive on neglect.

Dont stress homie. All in good time. I have been trying to build out a room and it has taken me nearly 5 months. I also have a career, and a GF, and those two alone will eat up all the time you have (especially the latter).

Anyway, winter is coming so your heat problems will be over soon enough.

yes .............its all about the love .......I dont have a GF ball and chain here ..now dont run out and get married to have more grow room time lol
but GFS are more up keep

good addvice Cap.

greenjoe

greenjoe

ok this is what i have observed so far.......ph is a steady 5.3...res is cooled by a 2 liter ice chunk...constantly being rotated..water is 21C...better than the 25c...and as Giddeon said about that slime......yes i did notice a very slight slime feeling....but now(so far) that is gone...and the roots are a tad brighter....So i put my ballast to 1000w..and it started again...(canoeing).....light is at least 2 feet away....so i guess i will leave it at 700w till the end.....i am re-doing the room this weekend and my light will be 7 feet high now......new room dimensions will be 5' widex6' long by 7 feet high
exhaust fan will be a 6" in0line 450cfm....in-take will be a 4"150cfm

DSC03994
another_sellout

another_sellout

Controlling your temperature and humidity will treat your symptoms, but immobile salt is your real issue. A pH/ppm meter is one solution, but I know that there are quite a few nutrient lines available now that don't need pH and ppm adjustments due to their "living" (active microbial) nature. Advanced Nutrients has a few lines, Technaflora has the Pura Vida line, and I'm sure there are many, many more. I've had great success with the Pura Vida and a bit of Soluble Seaweed, tiny amount of Thrive Alive Green for stress and they've been the easiest nutes I've dealt with. All OMRI listed as organic, too. Just something to consider before you go buy a bunch of electronics that are going the way of air tables and parabola hoods. Just throwing that out there.

greenjoe

greenjoe

ok..so i am tweaking around......i believe the canoeing prob is all about the res temp...... thats the conclusion i came to.....
As soon as i let the water hit 25c ishit starts ....bring it down to 20....doesn't happen.....and the ones that curled before un-curl a bit but never back to normal....of course i can have another assumption tomorrow.....lol

>another_sellout.......what he said about temp...

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
You can also try using hydrofungicide if you want a sterile res, or EWC tea if you are going with organics. That will help a lot with brown slime, and other problems you could encounter with your res.

Growsmarthydro has great deals on chillers, but I dont think you need one until you are runnign a bigger room. If your room air temps are good (76ish), and you aren't running a lot of pumps, your water temp should stay low enough to keep a sufficient amount of DO in the water.

You could also add drip clean from house and garden and fulvic acid to help with nute uptake. A link for a good inexpensive fulvic is here:

This one is 70% fulvic. You need to get a scale so you can weigh it. 1/4 gram per gallon (50ppm)and gradually work your way up to 1/2 gram per gallon (100ppm).

RAISE YOUR PH TO 5.8. You are going to need the plants taking up more Ca and Mg. This could also be contributing to the canoe.

Are you using Botanicares CalMag? If no, get some , and some epsom salt from the local drug store.

Top Bottom