Serious Talk CO2... (please read)

• Thread starter theslums
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kush321

I have a 10 x6 room. Basiclly plastic tent. 1 can fan filter cooling my 1000 and exhausting all the time. 1 booster fan for intake. And 3 oscilatting fans. I was thinking of getting a co2 tank and a part that lets co2 out of the tank slowly and having that on during lights on. And keeping all the fans on. Especially the exhaust that is cooling one of my lights.

T

theslums

so i should just go through with the first grow and not worry about hte co2? i wanna get good results just because its my first grow indoors doesnt mean i dont wanna grow right . ive grown outside but not inside. thanks for the info

B

BongToker

just take it easy broham, those co2 tanks plus regulator cost loot and seem to just complicate things,especially if this is your first go.. i would just get enviroment factors in check.. you said youv got bad ventilation and with a 1k its got to be warming up in there where does ur temp/humidity stay at?

T

theslums

75degrees 40%humidity so i come home tonight and my plants are drooping over i just gave them nuets for the first time 2 days ago. they were fine earlier this evening. i guess wait and see til tomorrow

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
the drooping is either over or under watering. do the pots feel heavy or light?

B

Bobby_604

Im in a condo and am building a 10 x 10 room in a room. I have a MMAR card so smell is my only concern.

X = Plants
W= Walkway
UC= Under current

XWUCUCWX
XWUCUCWX
XWUCUCWX
XWUCUCWX
XWUCUCWX
XWUCUCWX
XWUCUCWX
XWUCUCWX

24 plants. 16 in soil. 8 in Undercurrents.

2 x 1000 over the UC and 6 x 600 Vert.

Ill be running a 4 burner with a meter.

2 fan H&M chiller.

2 can 150's.

Build it right and they will come.

F

FileError404

With no ventilation it's essential to have Co2. You NEED one or the other. A well ventilated set-up doesn't need Co2 but a stale room without CO2 will give you problems, all the sealed room set-ups have CO2 you'll have to treat it as such. If you can keep your temps below 85 it should work great, but you'll have to have a controller or CO2 sensor. (Hydro Innovations has a great one for $300) Keep it at 1500PPm and enjoy :D

T

theslums

kid twist there kinda heavy. i just gave them grow neuts from flora nova 2-3days ago. the look better now but one of the plants has a yellow fan leaf at the bottom couple others look like they wanna turn yeloow too

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

I was under the impression that for CO2 to be beneficial all other factors must be in check. Temps of 85-92 degrees, some say as high as 95!!! as long as the CO2 is at least 1600ppm continuously. Relative humidity of 50-60% and plenty of air circulation in a sealed space. Not to mention an ideal root zone with nutrients for your plants. Without a climate control unit how do u expect 2 stay on top of all these inputs 2 truly benefit from the co2? Like Jack said stay on top of other shit like odor control especially if youre living in a condo. jackboyz blaze trees 2 -Keepz

L

Lost

Those temps might work with soil or coco, but my MPB's seem happiest at low to mid 80's max, with 1500 ppm's.. Then again im running 8600 watts in a 14 by 14 space.

G

gloriousgreen

I will run COCO with co2 and i heard 80 is the target with 50 % humidity and good air movement.But with the other post i hear 85 to 90 ???

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

I will run COCO with co2 and i heard 80 is the target with 50 % humidity and good air movement.But with the other post i hear 85 to 90 ???

If this is all misinformation, by all means let me know:

http://www.marijuanatipster.com/tiki-index.php?page=Best Grow Room Temperature

According 2 Ed Rosenthal's book, as long as your root zone is 62 degrees ur canopy can be "around" 85-95 degrees if enriched with co2:
Co2, Temperature And Humidity: How To Use Co2 To Increase Growth In Your Indoor Garden And Greenhouse

But what the hell does ed know. From my observation my garden with 11k gets to about 89 degrees when the mini split gets tired after running constantly right around 6am. I'll definitely drop the temperature the last couple weeks of flower, but havent seen anything 2 make me believe i should drop a couple lights 2 get it at 80 degrees when i figured the extra lights=extra weight if all other factors r kept in check -Keepz

T

theslums

so i jus found a return vent in my growroom behind the mattress. so i should be good with the ventilation? not really sure if it brings air in the room though...

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
hey slums if your pushing air outa your room then that vent will be pulling air in.

i play4keeps - maybe 62 is a typo? but ideal root temps should be between 68-72. if your room is 90 degrees it would be impossible to have your root temp at 62 in soil or coco. if you did manage it with say hydro and a water chiller, i think you would have crazy condensation.

L

Lost

Kid twist, I run my chiller at 17c (62.2f) and my room is 85f (29.4c) ish with no condensation or problems. Works great :) Coco mpb's btw..

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
really i know you know your stuff lost i see your grows. i was always under the impression that it should be 68-72 for ideal root temps, but i never really read more into it after i read that info. and i have yet to tackle the MPB's but i wanted after seeing you and easy's threads

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

The 62 water temp figure i read in Ed Rosenthal's book, "Co2, Temperature And Humidity: How To Use Co2 To Increase Growth In Your Indoor Garden And Greenhouse" This is where i first read that cannabis will exponentially grow faster if one maintains 55% r. humidity, 1500 ppm CO2, and 85-90 ambient temps as long as it doesnt affect the root zone.
With reflectix on my buckets my water temps dont go above 65. My ambient temps stay around 85 until the very end of their 12 hour light cycle where it might gradually go up to 89. I thought Ed was full of shit until i did some research and found people who supported his theories and decided 2 try it out. With the sentinel chhc-1 it is way too easy to keep the proper co2 levels.
Did any1 read the info provided in the links i posted in my above post? Just wanted to get experienced growers thoughts on the info provided. Thanx -Keepz

T

theslums

hey twist what if run the carbon filter all day? would it bring air in then or no?

A

amstercal

Hey, theslums, don't stress over the co2 this time and get your method dialed in. co2 is great and will definitely increase your yield if done properly. You can get a regulator when you pick up the tank and some simple math will get you dialed in without having to buy a fancy controller.
I think your best bet here is to KISS. If this is your first grow, you're already going to be in for an adventure... watering problems, pests, nute schedules, dialing in your space for light, temperature and humidity and the list goes on. It's a lot of details for anybody and why throw one more challenge into the mix? Yes, maybe you'll be missing out on an increased yield, but not nearly as much as being distracted by one more thing so that you don't see the mites or the pm creeping up would cost you. Really, give yourself a chance to learn all this and then get hooked up with the co2 for next time. Then you'll have lots of time to do the research about it too!
It's always a good thing to focus your time on the basics, ie the essentials, before you add the upgrades--assuming you're getting a fresh supply of air and not running a closed environment of course. Good luck on your grow! Welcome to becoming a farmer.

T

theslums

amsterccal i dot have aair suplly only a 4ft carbon filter i jus saw a return vent in m room so hopefully that is bringing in air. twist said if im blowing air out it will. but im not sure

Top Bottom