Setting up my a flop 2k watt grow

• Thread starter Mister Charlie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mister Charlie

Setting up a flip flop 2k watt grow

Please I need help if you have the time

I am currently planning on building two bloom rooms in my basement with under $1500 to spend for a legal MM patient.
I would like to make them sealed rooms if I can afford it with a third room in between to help ventilate.
Would i be able to use my third room as a veg room also?
They dont need to be huge rooms. Ideal size would be 6' x 6' x 6'4 sealings
I really appreciate any input the farm has to offer for a fellow farmer.

I have a couple pieces of equipment to startup with

radiant 6 air cooled reflector
6 inch hydrofarm booster fan
multiple window air conditioners if i can figure out a use for them.

I plan on buying the following:

1. 1000w Quantum digi ballast,a second air cooled reflector, and two 1000w bulbs (digilux?)
2. What timers/switches/controlers do i need? cheaper the better since i am on a budget
3. powerbox flipbox timer.
4. some kind of reflective material
5. Need to know how many and what size inline fans to use
6. Would i have to buy 2 carbon filters(what size) or could i just have one bigger c/f in the central room?
7. c02 tank and regulator(only need one if doing a sealed room?)
8. humidifier
9. dehumidifier. (Do i need one or will my air conditioners do good enough job?)

Anything else i am forgetting?
Thank you.

B

Buddy Flowers

whats up Mr Charlie- for a 1500 budget i would just focus on 1 bloom room. jmo

M

Mister Charlie

Hey thanks buddy flowers I was wondering if i would be able to afford it. I will now be setting up 1 bloom room. I still would appreciate anymore input on everything i need to set it up.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

sorry bro no way you are gonna get away with 2 bloom rooms diong 2k flip for 1500 dont even try. i dont mean to sound negative i'm just saying this because nothing worse then getting halfway in and running out of funds and not being able to finish. i can look at your list and tell you are way over the 1500 mark not including any construction like building the rooms, nutrients for the first run, medium, electrical man this shit adds up bro. at the cheapest a fan filter combo would be $200 and you need two that's $400 right there. throw in $300 for your ballast and you're just shy of the halfway mark in your budget and you still need 4 hoods 4 bulbs co2 etc etc way over 1500 bro

focus on one room and take the profits and build out the second room. i know it sucks but that's probably the safest bet to ensure you have the coin to get through the run and then some profits after the run to help you keep on trucking.

FYI i've already got 3k burning in one spot and to add a flip and the absolute cheapest hood ($22) and bulbs ($30ea) when it's all said and done with the rooms build and the medium and nutrients purchased for the first run it's gonna be $3000 and like i said one of the rooms is already complete with dedicated ac and co2 and I'm even building my own flip box to save money!

M

Mister Charlie

Thanks Str8Dank, I am definitely taking the advice and doing one room first. It seems a hell of alot easier to setup also. As soon as i can find some Casey Jones clones here in michigan I will be starting up a grow journal.

Top Bottom